Retained list 2023/24

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But in my defence I did say I hoped I'd be wrong...

Well I covered my bases both ways, I'm sly like that.....been here before etc.

Was it from Wilder himself?

Not quite.. but osborn was one like bash who'd just sign any contract so he could play football, complete no brainer with 12 (is it) leaving or out of contract, he'd play anywhere wouldnt he, if he was taller he'd go in the net.. think some of those holding out might need a cold shower tommorrow morning..

Not quite.. but osborn was one like bash who'd just sign any contract so he could play football, complete no brainer with 12 (is it) leaving or out of contract, he'd play anywhere wouldnt he, if he was taller he'd go in the net.. think some of those holding out might need a cold shower tommorrow morning..

IS IT HAPPENING?

What was your comment, apologies struggling to follow

No, I just got messaged at the same time from a few other people who don't post anymore on here..and some on here want me to name them but I can't.. I'm being honest, all the hassle is why they dont post themselves anymore, so I do it sort of..

One message said everything is looking to change, contract offers and extensions are being withdrawn for players that we were taking options on..

So It's either financial issues..or a new broom sweeping the place clean..

2 of them think its a proper clear the deck from new owners..so that's why I said my other posts on the prospective takeover being a scam might come back to haunt me..lol

But I'll belive it when I start to see top players walking onto the pitch.

Knowing us, with our poor recruitment and bad luck we’ll end up with Ozzie and Sharon, at least some can keep the surname on the back of the shirt. 😁

Maupay did alright for Brentford granted, but he's likely to leave Everton for free despite costing them £15m?
My example is that Brentford got good use out of these players but also have the wits about them to get a financial return too.

My example is that Brentford got good use out of these players but also have the wits about them to get a financial return too.

But when Princey sells Ndiaye he gets thrown to the dogs.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but selling Ndiaye could have been our smartest bit of business all season.

Brentford also spend mind boggling amounts on a scouting network and are still in debt despite premier league riches

Our issue was when we went up first time around it was down to Wilder and his tactics / formation.

Every other club usually goes up due to the players being a level above with tactics / formation.

No one come knocking our door down to sign Fleck / Norwood / Egan / Sharp etc. So we weren’t able to generate any large sales.

Same will happen this year with Ipswich there’s only a few players that premier league teams will take a look at but most likely not sign.

Brentford also spend mind boggling amounts on a scouting network and are still in debt despite premier league riches
See how they cope without Ivan Toney next season, his goals will be hard to replace next season.

We won't even have a starting 11 after Anel Souza and Hamer go, never known it this bad tbh
IKR, I was thinking this morning if there was an easy way to research if we've ever wiped things clean to this extent before.

As as aside, if we do release a LOAD of players, then presumably the price for the club goes down. Maybe a condition of the sale is remove as much dead weight as possible.

See how they cope without Ivan Toney next season, his goals will be hard to replace next season.
They did manage ok from August to January while he was suspended. Mbuemo, 9 goals, and Wissa, 12 goals. Both had spells out injured or at Afcon.

Back
Top Bottom