Match day parking

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They have indeed changed all the feckers:

  • 81 is what the 50 used to be to Dore
  • 82 is a weird combination of the 83 and 4 and goes up Greystones Road then down Kowle Lane and Springfeld Road to Millhouses and back up Dobcroft Road
  • 83 is what the 88 used to be along Rustlings Road to Fulwood
  • 88 is what the 81 use to be up Ringinglow Road to Bents Green

From a Bus Wanker

And what about the Number 2 Circular?
That was a belter.

The 6 sort of does that route now but doesn't go as far as Crosspool and terminates at Millhouses.
Fuck me. I only asked a question!!! Now look what it's turned into.
Glad I didn't mention trains. It's bad enough with bus nerds. Please no train spotters ffs.

From me, baldy, four eyes, special case, old feller, fellow Ken. (It is my real name n all)
 



Fuck me. I only asked a question!!! Now look what it's turned into.
Glad I didn't mention trains. It's bad enough with bus nerds. Please no train spotters ffs.

From me, baldy, four eyes, special case, old feller, fellow Ken. (It is my real name n all)
I got a parking ticket today in my spot.
The first time fecking 40 year.
Well offside 🤦‍♂️🤬
 
Fuck me. I only asked a question!!! Now look what it's turned into.
Glad I didn't mention trains. It's bad enough with bus nerds. Please no train spotters ffs.

From me, baldy, four eyes, special case, old feller, fellow Ken. (It is my real name n all)
Ok. I'll bite! Because I was travelling by myself today, I took the train from Starbeck via Leeds to Sheffield, thus avoiding parking.
Did the whole return journey and never had my ticket inspected.
Wouldn't have bothered buying one had I known that ;) 😀
 
Ok. I'll bite! Because I was travelling by myself today, I took the train from Starbeck via Leeds to Sheffield, thus avoiding parking.
Did the whole return journey and never had my ticket inspected.
Wouldn't have bothered buying one had I known that ;) 😀
About ten years ago, maybe less, we had a game in Manchester, can't remember who against.
I caught the train in Shepley, West Yorkshire, intending to buy a ticket on the train. The ticket guy never came to me. So I got off in Huddersfield, crossed over to the Manchester platform and got on the train again intending to buy a ticket . No one came so I couldn't buy one. Left the station and got on a tram to Salford Quays again intending to buy a ticket on the tram. Once again no one asked me to buy one. So I got all the way to Salford from Shepley without it costing a penny.
I seem to recall paying for part of the return trip but not all of it.
 
Last edited:
Ok. I'll bite! Because I was travelling by myself today, I took the train from Starbeck via Leeds to Sheffield, thus avoiding parking.
Did the whole return journey and never had my ticket inspected.
Wouldn't have bothered buying one had I known that ;) 😀
We tried that from Bochum to Cologne airport. Got kicked off at the next station and told to book one before the next train came 🤣
 
Middlewood be best for Park and Ride from Holmfirth in my opinion

If you wanted to park at Middlewood tram terminus I would be happy to take you to London Road, where I park, and deposit you back at Middlewood afterwards.
Thanks for this advice.
I parked at Middlewood. There was a tram waiting. Got on it. Used my metro card and all went according to plan.
Thank you all for your advice.
Much appreciated.
Shame about the result.
I'll do the same again in April when I'm back again.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom