Retained list 2023/24

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't help but think the takeover situation is relevant.

If we are putting the likes of Souza, Anel, Slimane, Traore etc up for sale and possibly selling Hamer that will bring in north of £50m which must have an impact on discussions.....plus we may not need to retain certain players or could even withdraw/improve offers made to others.
£50M?! Where's that number coming from?

I’ve just skimmed through this thread after seeing a Twitter notification about the retained list review by SU Way.

Have I missed something or is it one of those “retained list - what I’d do” kind of situation?

I’ve just skimmed through this thread after seeing a Twitter notification about the retained list review by SU Way.

Have I missed something or is it one of those “retained list - what I’d do” kind of situation?

I think today is the day that clubs HAVE to release their lists so SUW and Ramble are just following suit and releasing a video as you'd expect.

IKR, I was thinking this morning if there was an easy way to research if we've ever wiped things clean to this extent before.

As as aside, if we do release a LOAD of players, then presumably the price for the club goes down. Maybe a condition of the sale is remove as much dead weight as possible.

Yes possibly, A clean slate with parachute payments and no deadweights on long contracts.

Not at all, my point is that for a £17.5mil striker I expect more from. More goals. Consistency. I expect him to at least finish in the top ten goalscorers at the end of the season.

He's scored 26 goals in 5 season, of which half came in one season in the Championship where this total was average at best. The prior season he didn't score at all, in fact I'm sure he had gone an entire calendar year without scoring. One swallow doesn't make summer.

Overall he has been a failure of a signing. I accept that we're likely going to be stuck with him as we won't have the money to bring in a reliable goalscorer, unless we bring someone else in on loan. He's the best we've got and he's an average Championship striker at best.

Look at Brereton-Diaz in comparison. Despite some glaring misses, he was far more reliable as a goalscorer than McBurnie and less injury prone.

Apologies if I don't accept mediocrity as the normal standard.

One day McBurnie will leave and it will either be for a lower fee than we paid for him, or when he's out of contract. Once more it will be another expensive loss.
I am precisely with you.

Tick Tock…..Talk about last minute.com! Only United could spin this out like this. I don’t buy the takeover causing the delay….just another very amateurish way of handling communications!

I am not bothered about Osborn staying…. But feel sorry for him that a decision was changed at the last minute.

If there is a deadline today and we don't make it, what happens? Another points deduction?

Why is it that everything this club does has to be done at snails pace?
I do agree we take piss but I think hardly any PL clubs have released there's yet? And half of championship haven't?

It will be pinned on the door of the player's entrance at 11.59pm

Says who?
From what I've read, it's supposed to be by the 3rd Saturday of May, but clearly we're beyond that. Someone earlier in the thread said today's the cut off. Nixon, last night said we HAVE to today.

Sheff United Way and Blades Ramble both have scheduled videos about it for this evening so I'm guessing there's something about today that's 'official' or they've heard something.

I've looked all over the web but I can't find a deadline date for the R&R list - can anyone on here tell us when the official deadline is ?

I've looked all over the web but I can't find a deadline date for the R&R list - can anyone on here tell us when the official deadline is ?

TL;DR: Looks like we will have already had to provide the retained list to the EPL board by the third Saturday in May, but the board doesn't have to publish that list until the second Saturday in June (i.e. the 8th). As far as I can see there aren't any other rules requiring clubs to publish retained lists.

List of Players
U.32. Except as provided in Rules U.33 and U.34, after the Winter Transfer Window in each year and on or before the subsequent third Saturday in May each Club shall confirm to the Board:
  • U.32.1. whether the list of Players provided to it for these purposes is complete and accurate in all material particulars
  • U.32.2. details of any Players who are not included in the list referred to in RuleU.32.1 but who should be so included;
  • U.32.3. in the case of each Contract Player whose registration it holds and whose contract expires on the 30 June in that year, whether or not the Club has:
    • U.32.3.1. offered him a new contract under the provisions of Rule V.17.2; or
    • U.32.3.2. implemented any option provision in respect of him; and
  • U.32.4. in the case of each Academy Player whose registration it holds and with whom it has entered into a Scholarship Agreement (as defined in the Youth Development Rules), whether or not the Club has:
    • U.32.4.1. (if the Academy Player is in the second year of his Scholarship Agreement), given him written notice, pursuant to clause 4.2 of the Scholarship Agreement, of the extension of the duration thereof by one year; or
    • U.32.4.2. (if the Academy Player is in the second or third year of his Scholarship Agreement) given him written notice, pursuant to clause 6.7 of the Scholarship Agreement, of its intention to offer him a professional contract as a Contract Player.

• U.35. The particulars contained in Clubs’ lists of Players shall be published by the Board by the second Saturday in June in each year.

If there is a deadline today and we don't make it, what happens? Another points deduction?

Why is it that everything this club does has to be done at snails pace?
It has been delayed because there are released players involved in the U21 final tonight.
Not sure they know yet!! 😕

So if the list was provided by the 3rd Saturday in May , how can we have changed our mind on Osborne only days ago ?

Back
Top Bottom