Retained list 2023/24

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

According to some everyone was going to be asking for us to largely pay upfront last summer due to us being poor payers?
I struggle to keep up with the doom sometimes and work out what’s true and what is just hugely negative bollocks.
Yes but remember everyone actually knows Jack shit so it’s probably bollocks - I mean look at some of the clowns on here masquerading as being in the know, who when asked to provide even the smallest amount of substance to the claims suddenly can’t.

Yes but remember everyone actually knows Jack shit so it’s probably bollocks - I mean look at some of the clowns on here masquerading as being in the know, who when asked to provide even the smallest amount of substance to the claims suddenly can’t.
More to the point alot of people are just attention Thursday so what was 'In the know' is largely 'what I reckon'

Just in the same way a few people have concluded that this club is now on a downward spiral to league 2 and Wednesday are on the up in such a fashion even Peps getting a bit twitchy

Points deductions, transfer embargos, amazingly bad transfer windows where promotion somehow makes us weaker and embarrassingly bad performance in the league not enough evidence?
Indeed, there's plenty of actual evidence without adding vague and unsubstantiated speculation that we can't sign anyone because other clubs won't sell to us.
The latest one re-doing the rounds is that we will sell the family silver for the first bid, at an obviously low price, when that's just not supported by any recent evidence.

I predict that the list will go a little something like this:

Retained: nowt.

Released/loan expired/listed for transfer: owt.

I take back my fax machine jibe re the delay

It's clearly because the takeover is imminent

I take back my fax machine jibe re the delay

It's clearly because the takeover is imminent
Do you think that'd impact this?

I am not so sure. I doubt any American owner would be debating either way with the club about keeping/releasing Rhys Norrington-Davies, or someone.

Do you think that'd impact this?

I am not so sure. I doubt any American owner would be debating either way with the club about keeping/releasing Rhys Norrington-Davies, or someone.
Yes when it comes to players like egan, potentially Jebbo and mcburnie

Yes when it comes to players like egan, potentially Jebbo and mcburnie
I might be stereotyping here, but will some American buying the club have much affection for any of these 3, either way?

It just seems like a relatively small point when you're dropping £100m on a football club. If it had been someone like Ndiaye, who could have then been worth maybe half the amount they're paying for the club, then I could understand it more.

I might be stereotyping here, but will some American buying the club have much affection for any of these 3, either way?

It just seems like a relatively small point when you're dropping £100m on a football club. If it had been someone like Ndiaye, who could have then been worth maybe half the amount they're paying for the club, then I could understand it more.
Mcburnie scored as many as ndayie in the promotion season so yeah. They would be mental not to factor them in if there is a potential take over.

Mcburnie scored as many as ndayie in the promotion season so yeah. They would be mental not to factor them in if there is a potential take over.
He could have twice as many, but his ceiling is/was nowhere near Ndiaye's from a point of view of what we could get as a return on him. He's also been injured multiple times this year. An asset is worth a lot less if you can only get use out of it half the time and have to bring in other assets to cover for it.

He could have twice as many, but his ceiling is/was nowhere near Ndiaye's from a point of view of what we could get as a return on him. He's also been injured multiple times this year. An asset is worth a lot less if you can only get use out of it half the time and have to bring in other assets to cover for it.
He's a top championship assist which is where we are. I doubt many others as good as him are out of contract

McBurnie scored 13 (for some reason I thought it was 13 in total and 11 in the league, but I stand corrected.

9 of them came before the World Cup break. He only scored 4 between January and the end of the season. Not a great total overall and certainly not reliable given that he dried up in the second half. He also had 2 assist for the season.

Ndiaye on the other hand scored 14 goals and got 11 assists. He also had 9 before the World Cup and only 5 after, but he still contributed with assists.

McBurnie never has been, and never will be a consistent and reliable goal scorer.

McBurnie scored 13 (for some reason I thought it was 13 in total and 11 in the league, but I stand corrected.

9 of them came before the World Cup break. He only scored 4 between January and the end of the season. Not a great total overall and certainly not reliable given that he dried up in the second half. He also had 2 assist for the season.

Ndiaye on the other hand scored 14 goals and got 11 assists. He also had 9 before the World Cup and only 5 after, but he still contributed with assists.

McBurnie never has been, and never will be a consistent and reliable goal scorer.
And yet his goals played a big part in us going up. Sorry you seemingly don't like this fact.

He's as good as we can get in this division! The key is keeping him fit and him signing a new contract.

I thought about this reply and I don’t know what it is in reference to. Any clue?
Mark "Rent-boy" Renton : Never again, Swanney. I'm off the scag.

Swanney : Are you serious?

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton : Yeah, no more. I'm finished with that shite.

Swanney : Well, it's up to you, man.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton : Gonna get it right this time. Gonna get it sorted out. Gonna get off it for good.

Swanney : I've heard that one before.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton : The Sick Boy method?

Swanney : Well, it nearly worked for him, hey.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton : Well, he's always been lacking in moral fiber.

Swanney : He knows a lot about Sean Connery.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton : That's hardly a substitute

And yet his goals played a big part in us going up. Sorry you seemingly don't like this fact.
Not at all, my point is that for a £17.5mil striker I expect more from. More goals. Consistency. I expect him to at least finish in the top ten goalscorers at the end of the season.

He's scored 26 goals in 5 season, of which half came in one season in the Championship where this total was average at best. The prior season he didn't score at all, in fact I'm sure he had gone an entire calendar year without scoring. One swallow doesn't make summer.

Overall he has been a failure of a signing. I accept that we're likely going to be stuck with him as we won't have the money to bring in a reliable goalscorer, unless we bring someone else in on loan. He's the best we've got and he's an average Championship striker at best.

Look at Brereton-Diaz in comparison. Despite some glaring misses, he was far more reliable as a goalscorer than McBurnie and less injury prone.

Apologies if I don't accept mediocrity as the normal standard.

One day McBurnie will leave and it will either be for a lower fee than we paid for him, or when he's out of contract. Once more it will be another expensive loss.

Not at all, my point is that for a £17.5mil striker I expect more from. More goals. Consistency. I expect him to at least finish in the top ten goalscorers at the end of the season.

He's scored 26 goals in 5 season, of which half came in one season in the Championship where this total was average at best. The prior season he didn't score at all, in fact I'm sure he had gone an entire calendar year without scoring. One swallow doesn't make summer.

Overall he has been a failure of a signing. I accept that we're likely going to be stuck with him as we won't have the money to bring in a reliable goalscorer, unless we bring someone else in on loan. He's the best we've got and he's an average Championship striker at best.

Look at Brereton-Diaz in comparison. Despite some glaring misses, he was far more reliable as a goalscorer than McBurnie and less injury prone.

Apologies if I don't accept mediocrity as the normal standard.

One day McBurnie will leave and it will either be for a lower fee than we paid for him, or when he's out of contract. Once more it will be another expensive loss.
He, like Mousset played his part in us staying up in that first season in the PL, paying back their fee there and then.

I don't get this rhetoric that a player has to be sold 6 years down the line for the same or more fee we paid or they're a failure.

Neither Mousset nor McBurnie were failures as signings.

Usual high quality of reporting there. Jettison has suddenly morphed into Hackford and there's not even a Sheffield United player in Ben Osborn's picture.
When I looked at Souza's picture as I scrolled down thought we'd signed Jesus then !! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom