Match Thread Norwich City v. Sheffield United - 8th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NORW
NORW
NORW

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1575739098901.png v. 1575739109775.png
EPL Week 16 - Sunday 8th December 2019 - Carrow Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/norwich-city-vs-sheffield-united.480/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Ollie Yates
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 17.17.03.png

Excellent result. Worked hard for that. Not our best performance of the season, but I’ll take three points every day of the week.

Extremely important win. We'd not won since the 2nd November (Burnley) and results were just beginning to slide a little. It also keeps Norwich afloat with Watford.

First half was dire. He strolled around, no pressing and they played through and around us fairly easily. Second half was better. We had a great period when the goals came. It then was fairly even but a great save from Henderson and poor finishing from McGoldrick.

The main difference I noticed is that we came out second half pressing from the front. Pinning Norwich back in their own penalty area and not allowing them to pass it out. Besic looked good when he came on a drove us forward. Fleck was busier in midfield. I thought Stevens was our best player with Baldock slightly behind. Norwood is having a bad run.

Did anyone else notice Robinson's inability to pick the flight of a ball?! He was miles away at times!

Great win Blades, came out second half much the better team and could have had 3 or 4. Great save by Deano to top it off and keep our unbeaten away run going, well done.

Have to say, Besic was very good when he came on. Breaks things up, keeps it simple, bit of a pest, horrible streak - perfect for shithousing for the last part of the game.
Good to see we have a possible sub for Norwood. I think Besic will get better he has a decent touch.

If we beat villa we are as good as safe I would say. It might seem a bit premature but 3 teams with a 10+ point gap to turn around is highly unlikely

Great result considering how bad we were in the first half. I didn't think we played very well either in the 2nd but Norwich did nothing apart from the Cantwell shot which Henderson did really well to stop. It was a bit like the Newcastle game in reverse, though of course we were nowhere near as negative.

As for VAR. What was the difference between the foul on Basham in the penalty area today and the one on Rashford last night? No fucking difference at all.

At least they rescinded that red card which never looked for a moment like a sending off. Otherwise even I'd be thinking there's a conspiracy, instead of utter incompetence, which it actually is.

Regarding the lundstram/Basham offside/penalty incident.

How come Lundstram was given offside when he did not interfere with play until after Basham was fouled.

Should have been a penalty that.

At least VAR got one thing correct the Basham Non sending off.
It’s these grey areas that VAR is going to struggle with in football. Lunny is offside when the ball is played but not interfering with play. Bash is fouled for a pen. As a result, ball rolls to Lunny who then becomes active and offside from initial ball. Linesman gives offside and some players stop playing. Meanwhile Bash gets himself up and puts ball in bottom corner.
If it’s assumed that Bash would get on to end of initial pass if not fouled, chronologically VAR should be checking for a pen. Instead they’re doing a VAR check for offside on a player who would have been inactive to see if they can award a goal scored after everyone’s stopped playing by the guy who was brought down for the initial penalty...pick the bones out of that.

Top shitehousin from us at the end. Thankyou sisterfuckers for reminding us how to do it during our Championship days. Would rather playb football any day but nice to give a little back when it suits us.

Idiots at HT in the shout box having a meltdown.....

looked like people correctly calling out a poor performance to me. Nothing wrong with that.

anyway, credit to the team for a strong second half. That’s 3 important points.

Best win of the season, for me.

Wins are not easy to come by. They scored a fortuitous goal, and then outplayed us for the rest of the half. Coming off the back of the newcastle match, this was a test, make no mistake.

Second half we stood up.

Best win of the season.

Yer penalty for me! VAR no consistency! They disallowed the goal, was it a penalty? Plus VAR were looking at offside even though the whistle had already gone before the he was offside 😡 Scrap it tomorrow or make the rulings more easy to understand, every week it’s a shambles!

Brilliant win, as others have said sounded on Radio Sheff that we were poor first half but dig in and much better second half

it’s these games that keep you up, a real 6 pointer

Yer penalty for me! VAR no consistency! They disallowed the goal, was it a penalty? Plus VAR were looking at offside even though the whistle had already gone before the he was offside 😡 Scrap it tomorrow or make the rulings more easy to understand, every week it’s a shambles!
VAR just hightlights what happened, it’s still the refs making the decisions based on their interpretation of the laws. If you want to change something start with the latter two.

Back
Top Bottom