Match Thread Norwich City v. Sheffield United - 8th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NORW
NORW
NORW

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1575739098901.png v. 1575739109775.png
EPL Week 16 - Sunday 8th December 2019 - Carrow Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/norwich-city-vs-sheffield-united.480/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Ollie Yates
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 17.17.03.png

Fifa have just said they should not have been looking at the offside because the whistle had gone, and the ref clearly gestured to look at offside. It’s as clear has mud!

It’s these grey areas that VAR is going to struggle with in football. Lunny is offside when the ball is played but not interfering with play. Bash is fouled for a pen. As a result, ball rolls to Lunny who then becomes active and offside from initial ball. Linesman gives offside and some players stop playing. Meanwhile Bash gets himself up and puts ball in bottom corner.
If it’s assumed that Bash would get on to end of initial pass if not fouled, chronologically VAR should be checking for a pen. Instead they’re doing a VAR check for offside on a player who would have been inactive to see if they can award a goal scored after everyone’s stopped playing by the guy who was brought down for the initial penalty...pick the bones out of that.
That’s what FIFA have just said!

For those saying we looked tired. Maybe we we were. Had a tough tough game only on Thursday night, Friday still knackered and recovering, Saturday probably travelled 4 hours to Norwich hotel. Then up early Sunday for another gruelling 96 mins. Today was a big 3 points. Look how wilder went to every player at end shouting and swearing congratulations at them.
Big win that with all that's gone on.

Thanks again to all the N'er Do Wells on this forum for making my afternoon so enjoyable; you really are a bunch of pessimistic pussies. Christ Almighty - reading the comments up to half-time would have made me suicidal, but for the fact I was having a laugh instead. WHEN WILL YOU BLOODY LEARN!

Pleasantly surprised by the result. I threw in the towe at half time as I was fed up and I'm not going to apologise. I wasn't enjoying the game so I decided to switch it off. I felt happier for the last couple of hours and logged on to unexpected news. Football is my escape from stress at work, so when I'm not enjoying my switch off I have to turn it off. I need my home life to be relaxed. I probably chose the wrong football team for that. 😂

Last edited:
Thanks again to all the N'er Do Wells on this forum for making my afternoon so enjoyable; you really are a bunch of pessimistic pussies. Christ Almighty - reading the comments up to half-time would have made me suicidal, but for the fact I was having a laugh instead. WHEN WILL YOU BLOODY LEARN!

A little OTT don't you think? That 1st half performance, for whatever reason, was probably the worst of the season so far. Added to that we'd just come off a defeat to Newcastle and the league table is so tight, I think some have a right to be very concerned. I didn't see any comments on here as was in the car listening on the radio but if some were fucked off, then it's understandable.

Don't think the referee likes giving us penalties. He didn't give the Scougall throw a penalty at Bradford

That penalty situation was fucking ridiculous and was so wrong by VARs own order of operations they should fire someone.

Foul, then offside, if the ball goes in straight from a corner but a defender is fouled before it goes in, you don't give the goal and then look to see if it's a yellow for the attacker.

Shambles yet again.

I'm not even going to praise it for the Bash reversal because it was never a red in a million years and the 4th official was right there, as was the linesman, so what the fuck are they getting paid for? Hooper got done by Norwich rolling around like twats.

Fuck Norwich, fuck VAR, up the Blades.

I'll check the final score at full time. I've got no faith in us getting back into this. Sorry if that sounds negative and defeatist, but I've not seen anything from us in this half or the whole of the Newcastle match to make me think we can. Hopefully I'll get a pleasant surprise at full time when I check the result.
When you see the score the movement in your underpants is nothing to be worried about.;)

[
Lunny is offside when the ball is played but not interfering with play
Exactly! Here is the relevant Law:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

When I was 'club supplied assistant referee' in amateur football (a few seasons ago, the refs told us NOT to flag for offside unless the ball actually got to the player who was offside or unless he was 'interacting' to get to the ball.
In today's game the penalty should have been awarded as the player who did get the ball (Basham) wasn't offside.
Lunny was irrelevant

[

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

When I was 'club supplied assistant referee' in amateur football (a few seasons ago, the refs told us NOT to flag for offside unless the ball actually got to the player who was offside or unless he was 'interacting' to get to the ball.
In today's game the penalty should have been awarded as the player who did get the ball (Basham) wasn't offside.
Lunny was irrelevant

Bloody Lunny, getting involved in a contentious offside incident again!

[

Lunny was irrelevant

Everything above is irrelevant because ref's apply it.

Farke in his post match interview. " We made horrible mistakes, we know Sheffield United always do this type of throw in all the time and we know how to block it"

So apparently teams do catch on, they just fuck up defending it time and time and time again lol

Is it possible that they just didn't think it was a penalty at all? And so the only infringement was the offside?? That's the only thing I can think of...

Extremely important win. We'd not won since the 2nd November (Burnley) and results were just beginning to slide a little. It also keeps Norwich afloat with Watford.

First half was dire. He strolled around, no pressing and they played through and around us fairly easily. Second half was better. We had a great period when the goals came. It then was fairly even but a great save from Henderson and poor finishing from McGoldrick.

The main difference I noticed is that we came out second half pressing from the front. Pinning Norwich back in their own penalty area and not allowing them to pass it out. Besic looked good when he came on a drove us forward. Fleck was busier in midfield. I thought Stevens was our best player with Baldock slightly behind. Norwood is having a bad run.

Did anyone else notice Robinson's inability to pick the flight of a ball?! He was miles away at times!

Robinson looks like he's running in deep beach sand, can't get to the ball nor close down opponents. I'd hoped he would build on his assist vs Man Utd, but today it was more of what we've seen. What's happened to the player who looked so promising in pre season?

Robinson looks like he's running in deep beach sand, can't get to the ball nor close down opponents. I'd hoped he would build on his assist vs Man Utd, but today it was more of what we've seen. What's happened to the player who looked so promising in pre season?

He looks like a headless chicken at the moment. You can even see with the press that he doesn't do it right and so it ruins it. I have no idea why his confidence is so shot. Maybe he needs a loan spell but I doubt we'll be thinking of bringing in another striker in January.

A little OTT don't you think? That 1st half performance, for whatever reason, was probably the worst of the season so far. Added to that we'd just come off a defeat to Newcastle and the league table is so tight, I think some have a right to be very concerned. I didn't see any comments on here as was in the car listening on the radio but if some were fucked off, then it's understandable.
What's OTT Minty is the reaction of too many fans on this forum who get the colly-wobbles far too easily and fail to be objective about Blades performances. If you take a look at Man City for example, they look a pale shadow of the side they were until very recently. Man Utd are now looking a decent "top 6" side again (potentially of course) and even Newcastle look as though they might end up top half rather than relegation fodder. Teams go through periods of ups'n'downs, and that applies to all teams - even Liverpool. Obviously Liverpool have enough quality in their squad to go through off-periods and still get results, whereas we can't. We are a good and solid team, and will finish top half unless we suffer injuries to key players, and given that we have several key players we can ill afford to lose, then any prediction of a top half finish is subject to the vagaries of any squad's injury status. No way will we be relegated (unless we suffer some serious setbacks like the loss of Chris Wilder or a number of injuries), and fans should chill out and just enjoy the ride.

View attachment 66107 v. View attachment 66108
EPL Week 16 - Sunday 8th December 2019 - Carrow Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/norwich-city-vs-sheffield-united.480/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Ollie Yates
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

View attachment 66106
Perfect result. All Polish fans of the Blades are ecstatic.

Back
Top Bottom