New training ground.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They used to do HGV driver training up there and there was a massive oil slick skid area to practice. We once rode our bikes through it and obviously got smacked arses from our mums. I'd assume the site & soil would be a bit toxic.

This is nothing but a rumour just wanting to know if anyone else has heard it, just had a mate text me saying that we might be looking to build a new academy on the Norton aerodrome site across from Herding’s park. Anyone else heard the same? How long have we been at Shirecliffe now? The last time I went to shirecliffe I couldn’t see a problem with it but I suppose with new money comes bigger ambitions and from what I can gather from other clubs they’re surpassing us on the training facilities side of things when we used to be up there with the best in the country. Norton aerodrome is a massive although I have been told in the past that the big hanger on there is home to bats and therefore can’t be demolished.
Anyway, as I live a 2 minutes walk away from it I welcome the move !

Will I still be able to take my kid on driving lessons there if they do?

Lookimg om google maps the site seems to be about 3 or 4 times the size of Shirecliffe. So potentially could house all Uniteds ambitions in time.

The obvious thing to do is move either the academy or the first team to start with, leave the other at shirecliffe and then build extra facilities until it can all be housed there

Lookimg om google maps the site seems to be about 3 or 4 times the size of Shirecliffe. So potentially could house all Uniteds ambitions in time.

The obvious thing to do is move either the academy or the first team to start with, leave the other at shirecliffe and then build extra facilities until it can all be housed there
Excellent transport links to the city. Plenty of blades fans in S8,12,14 and even S2. Suggested earlier that the site has room for community facilities, which, if included, might well help planning applications. Blue and Purple tram routes could have been built for it.

Largest stadium especially with their plans to expand it to 50,000 if promoted, why would you pick a 32,000 ground when the larger ground is in a satisfactory state of repair. What does BL have over it if you are choosing it as a neutral who is only putting on the best tournament to the most fans?
There’s a 5000 difference in capacity at the moment granted but you’re taking future plans into account for them but we could just as easily announce future plans.
As it stands Ellen’s Road is a run down stadium in a worse state of repair than the Lane.

It would also be nice to have the training ground on the right side of the city once more, been a long time since we left the Ball Inn...….;)

Largest stadium especially with their plans to expand it to 50,000 if promoted, why would you pick a 32,000 ground when the larger ground is in a satisfactory state of repair. What does BL have over it if you are choosing it as a neutral who is only putting on the best tournament to the most fans?

Massive space for a fan park right next to the stadium as well.

Sounded like 'Talking bout building a new training ground on ere at some point, building up here in the summer"? Which doesn't really make sense.

Stupid gravel.

I've run it through my audio cleansing filter and it's come back as

"Inaudible...better than De Gea, Manchester is somewhere over there inaudible fuck off if they think inaudible Romero's Boot boy"

The Swans new training facility is most definitely the way forward. Future proofing and gives us such a plus factor with possible transfer activity.

Merge this with the best bits of Man City's training complex and you not only have a superb future proofed facility, but you also have the wow factor when it comes to persuading potential new recruits where their future lies. If you were a youth player, highly rated, where would you want to play, here or with the pigs? If the Prince is serious about this then I take back my criticisms of him. It could be everything that Wilder and Knill had imagined, a training facility for top athletes who happen to be footballers.........really, really hope this happens.

Henderson giving the plans away. Now he has done that, he has to be the one to build it.

Can we have a mid thread summary please?

I thought we were looking at building a new training facility at Norton with HRH pictured at the site with plans.

I think I read earlier in one of the threads a new training facility is already under construction at shirecliffe.

where are we?

Can we have a mid thread summary please?

I thought we were looking at building a new training facility at Norton with HRH pictured at the site with plans.

I think I read earlier in one of the threads a new training facility is already under construction at shirecliffe.

where are we?
New Academy to be built at new site (presumably Norton). Shirecliffe being pimped up for first team.

Back
Top Bottom