New training ground.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At least for now work has started on fixing the pitches at the current training ground:

How bad can that training ground be, by the way?! I've stayed in hotels that looked shabbier.

Pitches though, good news.👍

How bad can that training ground be, by the way?! I've stayed in hotels that looked shabbier.

The building in that photo isn't the building the first team use, that's the academy building/offices. The first team use the other old building, but either way both the newer academy building & first team buildings are way off current prem/championship standard

Can’t be true. Haven’t you read about the cuts and that the pitches are in such bad states that vegetables are being grown on one? It’s in shoutbox every day!

Source, people who work at the club but who only pass on the negatives. Must be the pay freezes……
Sheffield United community garden PR teams missed a trick

It really is an absolute joke that that is still the training ground for a club of our size in 2022. When you factor in that we have just been in the Premier League for two years it's even worse. Then factor in that it sounds like the plan is to stay there and just level the pitch, and it's fucking mind blowing.

Nothing wrong with shirecliffe that a few million won't solve .some of the facilities up there are very good ,

Nothing wrong with shirecliffe that a few million won't solve .some of the facilities up there are very good ,
It’s a shithole, the facilities are so run down and old. The indoor Astro pitch is genuinely one of the worst I’ve seen and played on. The building itself is just not practical

It’s a shithole, the facilities are so run down and old. The indoor Astro pitch is genuinely one of the worst I’ve seen and played on. The building itself is just not practical
Which other indoor Astro pitches have you had experience of?

I've trained on the indoor it was a superb facility, but I'm sure blades 14 is a much better player than I was .
I have also trained on Wednesdays indoor bubble now we are taking shitholes

Notice the picture is from a distance. Last picture I saw of the Windows above the main door the paint was peeling and some of the windows were cracked, conveniently covered up by the tree in the picture.

I've been to the indoor training pitch at Leeds Utd Training ground and they are pretty awful. Poor weird lighting and it stunk horribly the 3rd time we went. The outdoor pitches were beautiful though.

Reading recently opened their new training ground. 130 acres of land.

We are getting rid of a slope and putting drainage in... 🙃

Notice the picture is from a distance. Last picture I saw of the Windows above the main door the paint was peeling and some of the windows were cracked, conveniently covered up by the tree in the picture.

I've been to the indoor training pitch at Leeds Utd Training ground and they are pretty awful. Poor weird lighting and it stunk horribly the 3rd time we went. The outdoor pitches were beautiful though.

The thing about Leeds facilities is they were in place when I was 12/13 and played on them I’m now 35 and they’re still of a higher standard than ours currently are 23 years later

I’m old enough to remember the photos of Prince and Yusuf marching about purposely holding plans in front of them.

Does anyone know how often a PL or EFL team would use/train on an indoor Astro pitch? I'm very naive on things like this. But, it sounds like something that would be used rarely, if at all. Doesn't it?

Does anyone know how often a PL or EFL team would use/train on an indoor Astro pitch? I'm very naive on things like this. But, it sounds like something that would be used rarely, if at all. Doesn't it?
They’re used every week….by social teams to sit down senior players and ask them daft questions on camera for social media posts

When the weather is a bit inclement ,pro footballers can't possibly train in the rain .

Back
Top Bottom