Match Thread Millwall v. Sheffield United - 26th February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MILL
MILL
MILL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1645875858814.png V. 1645875865657.png
Championship Week 33 - Saturday 26th February 2022 - 15:00 - The New Den
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/millwall-vs-sheffield-united.586/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Daniel Leach
Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1645875948795.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

I know we will score a very late goal.....trust me, i'm a keyboard football manager.

If you mean that we will sometimes lose games of football, you’re probably right.

Were we too afraid against Blackburn? Or Swansea? Or West Brom? Or Birmingham? Or Peterborough? Or Luton? Or Fulham? Or Cardiff?

Wasn't really much pressure as we were making our way up the League table
Hence why I said "When it really comes down to it"

The play offs would be the same negative, boring, frightened crap as before which has resulted in failure each time

Wasn't really much pressure as we were making our way up the League table
Hence why I said "When it really comes down to it"

The play offs would be the same negative, boring, frightened crap as before which has resulted in failure each time

Did we bottle it in 2018 or 2019? Saying that we ‘always’ bottle it is a knee jerk reaction. Of course we’re going to play badly and lose games - that happens to every team on Earth. Losing 2 games in 15 isn’t bottling it.

See post #108
Point is fair but can stop form dead in its tracks. You don't have to rotate our 2 best attacking outlets from the last few games out of the 11 together, could easily have started mgw or berge and given one or both time from the start and brought them off when we had done the business, the team selection was poor and a massive wasted opportunity with Boro getting spanked. We offered nothing and got nothing, fair.

Reckon you could put this performance down to changing it too much again.
I understand why we are changing it but I was surprised seeing that starting line up with no MGW or Berge. N'Diaye isn't at the level MGW is really overall and isn't the same sort of player either.

It's results like today which make me confident auto's are out of reach. Playoffs aren't of course

Too many changes so points dropped like the Hull game. With the pairing up front we won’t win games, with McBurnie starting not only will we not win games but we blow promotion, he’s started 3 games in recent weeks, we have failed to scored in all 3, without him we score freely and have many chances. He offers literally nothing.

I'm pissed off, we could have gone 5th 5 points behind bouremouth, why save players for play off games that might not come, pedal to the metal and see where it goes, yes we might have knocks and injuries, and then you play the team that started today

Last chance to get it into the box, come on Blades, do this.... Norwood ensures Norwood gets booked from OUR LAST chance to get it into their box. How does that work??? Norwood Suite. Very poor footballer. Amazing we didn't manage an upgrade while in the PL. But at least we turned down 10,12 20? "" million for Fleck from Arsenal ❤️🤔❤️😋

Everytime McBurnie and Sharp start together we lump it forward. It makes no sense. If Oliver left the ground and actually won a couple of headers Sharp isn't quick enough to get on the end of them.

Think the main lesson learned here hopefully is get points on the board and then start resting players, not the other way round!

Watch MGW during the celebrations for the Blackburn goal,he hobbled down the line so I would think he had a "knock" as they say, so rested

Weak as piss performance that

Let’s not kid our self we have been bang lucky recently getting results with average performances

WBA/Blackburn/Birmingham/Hull//Huddersfield bang average performances recently

If we’d have started with Berge and MGW we would have won this…very disappointed with Ndiaye and McBurnie I’m sure Ndiaye can play better but McBurnie today is the best we can hope from him just not good enough

Too many changes so points dropped like the Hull game. With the pairing up front we won’t win games, with McBurnie starting not only will we not win games but we blow promotion, he’s started 3 games in recent weeks, we have failed to scored in all 3, without him we score freely and have many chances. He offers literally nothing.
Reluctantly i have to agree. I cant defend him anymore. Doesnt do enough for a striker. I think Milwall were very good defensively but he never looks like scoring in games he plays

Most obvious loss of the season. We were absolutely fucked on Wednesday and it was one game too many today. Our best hope was a shit 0-0 but the weird Cooper thing meant that was unlikely.
Totally agree

I said so on a few threads

Regroup

Move on

Stop picking Mcburnie now

Weak as piss performance that

Let’s not kid our self we have been bang lucky recently getting results with average performances

WBA/Blackburn/Birmingham/Hull//Huddersfield bang average performances recently
Ridiculous

Millwall love a scrap don’t they..?
They might be the most “uncultured” side in the league, full of scrappers and fighters, determined turn the game into a Sunday League clogfest.
We fell right into it.
A horrible niggly disjointed game like a bar room brawl, made worse by a horrible jittery video feed (are Millwall still using video tape FFS?)
Then…out come the knuckle dusters.
RND stupidly gives away another dangerous free kick, Egan is pushed into the North Sea and that big barn door of a brute Cooper does the rest.
Out come the slick rapier players but way way way too late.
Holy crap, imagine having to watch Millwall every week. Lord save us.

Back
Top Bottom