Match Thread Millwall v. Sheffield United - 26th February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MILL
MILL
MILL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1645875858814.png V. 1645875865657.png
Championship Week 33 - Saturday 26th February 2022 - 15:00 - The New Den
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/millwall-vs-sheffield-united.586/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Daniel Leach
Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1645875948795.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

There are a couple of things with that line up that make me feel uncomfortable, but the main one is Billy & McB upfront. They are just not good paired together as we have all seen, & the high press will suffer for it I feel; & if Billy is fit & raring to go at 36 then surely Sander is also. MGW I can understand given his knock in midweek but 🤷‍♂️.

We’re risking Billy getting a serious injury with the amount of minutes he’s being played. Mans 36 years old & really shouldn’t be starting every single week… today was the opportunity to give him a break & give Jebbison a go.
I would imagine that the management who see him every day are better placed to decide that. Plus I imagine that with his age and experience, he would be telling Hecky if he needed a break.

Echoing what a couple of others have said

Don’t like mcburnie and sharp as a forward pair and don’t think that it’s EVER worked well.

Feel it would be a big boost to millwall to see no Berge / MGW in that line up. (in form and 2 of the best 2 players in the whole league in their day)

That said we’ve had players going down like flies game after game. We need to be sensible and rest and rotate where we can. If that saves some legs for the run in I can live with it.

Like that hecky has been brave enough to throw Gordon in and show that pathway to the first team is there.

I would imagine that the management who see him every day are better placed to decide that. Plus I imagine that with his age and experience, he would be telling Hecky if he needed a break.

Fair. I just can’t help but think we’re taking an un-necessary risk with him.

We’re going to need Sharp for our next 2 against Forest & Boro. Starting him today effectively commits us to starting him in 5 consecutive games. Regardless of how fit he is, it’s a big ask at 36. I just hope it doesn’t bite us in the arse because if he gets injured, we’re up shit creek.

Don’t like this starting team at all….Mcburnie and Gordon are not starters…..please prove me wrong.

Don't get how mcburnie gets anywhere near starting, he breaks our play up with his poor touch and lack of vision, he must be great in training

I expect he will be subbed at half time after another dreadful half for us

Just watched that Blackburn/QPR game - FFS, I'd snatch your hand off to play any of them in a play off................but with Mike Dean as Ref (yep.........empties throat!). Travis is worse than Maddison (when at Norwich) for diving, & other than Khedira (yes, I'd take him on loan from Brighton if available) Blackburn are poor. QPR have another dinosaur in charge...........hate him with a passion (Warburton - done fuck all since Brentford) and he talks a lot of shit.
Sorry not made it to Millwall today, young'un had to work, & I was planning on playing for over 45's in Barnsley (tin hat & gum-shield packed), but called off...........................so hopefully SUTV live (dodgy IP address) or that other far east channel with no commentary for us!!. UTB

Could mcburnie play behind Sharp with ndiaye? Possible thought his height maybe a consideration today. As others have said, been many surprises with hecky team changes so hoping for another surprise and 3 points today.

Really like N’Diaye. Think MGW currently the more complete player. But, Iliman carries the ball and has that flair and unpredictability in comparison. MGW - more a football brain, more refined player. Big game for him today, same with Gordon.

Good to see a bunch of academy lads in the squad.

Iliman
Gordon
Starbuck
Jebbo
RND

Really like N’Diaye. Think MGW currently the more complete player. But, Iliman carries the ball and has that flair and unpredictability in comparison. MGW - more a football brain, more refined player. Big game for him today, same with Gordon.

Good to see a bunch of academy lads in the squad.

Iliman
Gordon
Starbuck
Jebbo
RND
Ndiaye just needs to learn when to, and when not to piss about with the tricks, and a bit of timing, he will be reyt!

Echoing what a couple of others have said

Don’t like mcburnie and sharp as a forward pair and don’t think that it’s EVER worked well.

Feel it would be a big boost to millwall to see no Berge / MGW in that line up. (in form and 2 of the best 2 players in the whole league in their day)

That said we’ve had players going down like flies game after game. We need to be sensible and rest and rotate where we can. If that saves some legs for the run in I can live with it.

Like that hecky has been brave enough to throw Gordon in and show that pathway to the first team is there.
What the fuck is brave about it ? brave is putting McBurnie there the manager had no other option

Ndiaye just needs to learn when to, and when not to piss about with the tricks, and a bit of timing, he will be reyt!

Agreed - love watching him. But you sometimes forget he was playing street football a few years ago and this is his first season playing pro. Max Kilman at Wolves has a similar backstory, but he came from a Futsall background.

I expect a disjointed performance today, not sure that line up is gonna click.

We’re going to need Sharp for our next 2 against Forest & Boro. Starting him today effectively commits us to starting him in 5 consecutive games. Regardless of how fit he is, it’s a big ask at 36. I just hope it doesn’t bite us in the arse because if he gets injured, we’re up shit creek.
I know what you mean mate. Same as I wish Berge was playing and McBurnie wasn’t. Just have to trust in the management I suppose but the amount of games recently is doing us no favours.

Dingles 2 Boro 0
:oops:

Amine Bassi scored for Barnsley
Jeff Stelling said No relation to Shirley because they're not big spenders

Edit Bournemouth 0 Stoke 1
You just know United will take full advantage don't you ?

if anyone finds a working link could you PM please

We’re risking Billy getting a serious injury with the amount of minutes he’s being played. Mans 36 years old & really shouldn’t be starting every single week… today was the opportunity to give him a break & give Jebbison a go.
The trouble is if he gets rested Utd do not course the opposition any trouble . Having said that McBurnie and Billy never seems to work

What the fuck is brave about it ? brave is putting McBurnie there the manager had no other option

I mean he could have played the expensively acquired loan signing there. Or shift formations slightly.

We will have to rely on McBurnie for our goals then HA HA

Back
Top Bottom