Match Thread Millwall v. Sheffield United - 26th February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MILL
MILL
MILL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1645875858814.png V. 1645875865657.png
Championship Week 33 - Saturday 26th February 2022 - 15:00 - The New Den
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/millwall-vs-sheffield-united.586/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Daniel Leach
Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1645875948795.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Had a bad feeling about today as soon as I saw the lineup. Suppose the run had to end at some point though.

Longer break for the players now before the Forest game will hopefully benefit them.

Did we bottle it in 2018 or 2019? Saying that we ‘always’ bottle it is a knee jerk reaction. Of course we’re going to play badly and lose games - that happens to every team on Earth. Losing 2 games in 15 isn’t bottling it.
Playing our best team, the one that attacks and takes the game to the opposition, but loses, isn't bottling it

Changing our team into probably the least creative in the entire division, creating absolutely nothing all day is bottling it.

And if we should make it to the play offs, it will more than likely be this solid, boring, dependable non creative bunch that would get picked as opposed to the team and style that got us there in the first place

If we’d have started with Berge and MGW we would have won this…very disappointed with Ndiaye and McBurnie I’m sure Ndiaye can play better but McBurnie today is the best we can hope from him just not good enough

Potentially but MGW had ice on his knee and was limping at the end of the last game a few days ago so he might have missed the game after.

We shouldn't go to shit just because the manager has to rest some players occasionally.

We're paying for having a best 11 and a dodgy and depleted bench/second string.

At least Boro lost too and we still have a couple of games on Huddersfield.

Big game against Forest coming.

Missed opportunity today.
I hate losing, and it never gets any better.
You don’t change a winning side unless you have to, through injuries.
Silly decision not to play Berg, Fleck and Mgw, if they were fit enough to be on the bench.We’re not good enough to rest our better players.

Piss Poor all round behind the scenes - Hecky/Stu/Jack must have known the background of Jake Cooper? - if not, they are not the right people in charge!.
He had a free header at the back post.............& 'Jed' delivered it!...................other than me & you, ...................have our backroom team ever looked at Millwall?

Poor today. Looked tired and lethargic. Happy with the changes before the game but I'd have played Ndiaye next to a striker. In truth, we never really got our foot on the ball all game. Very scrappy and lacking quality. Ball didn't stick up front. Midfield never controlled the game. Terrible defending for their goal. Can't believe no one bothered to go with Cooper.

Wes - 6 - Spilled a shot that nearly gifted them a goal. Came and held a difficult cross. Not a great deal other than that to do.
RND - 5 - Lucky boy not to get into trouble. Seemed more intent with trying to start fights with Wallace. Bad tackle he got away with and pushing and shoving off the pitch.
Robinson - 7 - Our best defender. Made a few important interceptions and headers. Once again his long throws caused them a lot of problems.
Egan - 5.5 - He needs to be better at organising at the back with new players coming in. I thought he got caught and bailed out a couple of times
Gordon - 5.5 - Looked a bit nervy at the back and a few hurried mistakes. Good to see him getting forward
Baldock - 6 - I though he started pretty well but got caught a few times out of position. Provided a threat going forward
Hourihane - 5 - Poor today. More intent on appealing for a foul than getting stuck in. Thought he looked sluggish
Norwood - 5.5 - Moved the ball ok going forward but it was mixed. Poor at the back. Baldock took a yellow because he could do no more than track his runner
Ndiaye - 4 - Poor. Gets the ball, looks tricky, loses it. Didn't offer for the ball enough. He needs to be stronger and be more intelligent. Stupid booking.
McBurnie - 5 - Came deep to offer an outlet several times but weak in the air and on the ground.
Sharp - 5 - Poor game. The ball kept bouncing off him. Kept going and making runs but looking for freekicks and wasteful

Subs:

MGW - 6 - Got involved and kept asking for the ball. The only one in our attack to offer any energy. Loses a point for that dive though and does flicks and tricks at the wrong times in the wrong areas
Berge - 5 - I thought he looked sloppy. Better when pushed forward down the wing but all too often doesn't use the ball well enough. I just never back him to win a battle
Fleck - not really on long enough to judge

Hecky - 5 - Poor today. We lacked energy from the start. No issues with resting players but I thought starting McBurnie and Sharp together was a mistake. I'd rather see Ndiaye further forward and Hourihane in that attacking midfield role. We never got a hold on the game. Never kept the ball. We needed that extra man. I have no doubt there will be at least another thread about Jebbison but we needed more in midfield. In truth, we could have easily made 5 or 6 subs.

Millwall - what you'd expect really. Jed Wallace once again the best player on the pitch. How he's not got a decent move is beyond me. They won the tactical battle. Hassled our midfield throughout and got exactly what they wanted. They're clearly struggling with injuries upfront but found a way.

Potentially but MGW had ice on his knee and was limping at the end of the last game a few days ago so he might have missed the game after.

We shouldn't go to shit just because the manager has to rest some players occasionally.

We're paying for having a best 11 and a dodgy and depleted bench/second string.

At least Boro lost too and we still have a couple of games on Huddersfield.

Big game against Forest coming.
Yes big big game a must win

i said id be delighted with 0-0. nobody ever feel confident going to millwall, always a tough place to go,

especially after efforts of blackburn it was 1 effort to far. but we cant get too mad since peterborough. weve taken 15pts from 8 games. with Osborn, Stevens, Bogle, Basham, Goode, Mcgoldrick, Brewster out & then having to rotate during a period of 9 games in 31 days. that we week off will come in handy & 2 wins on 4th & 8th it will feel much better

I don't think there is a Sheffield United fan on the entire planet that didn't look at that starting eleven and think 'Oh fuck off"

Weakened already by injury we can't resist but to push our luck just that bit further

We'll do the sane if we got to the play off final, we'd be more scared to lose than play to win, and end up losing without a single exciting thing happening in the entire game

I don't think there is a Sheffield United fan on the entire planet that didn't look at that starting eleven and think 'Oh fuck off"

Weakened already by injury we can't resist but to push our luck just that bit further

We'll do the sane if we got to the play off final, we'd be more scared to lose than play to win, and end up losing without a single exciting thing happening in the entire game
Huddersfield 2012 all over again.

A tired and insipid performance littered with bad decisions. Thought I was watching a slow motion action replay when they scored.

Carrying a number of injuries though and in fairness to Millwall they worked hard and are in good form.

Call it an off day and move on.

The team selection was set out for a draw at 60 mins, then bring MGW and Berge on to try and get a goal late on. They scored though so it didn’t work.

Poor overall but 1 loss is not the end of the world. Just beat Forest and Widlerboro now.

Okay, so no humble pie to eat today, but from the highlights it appears that, if the Blades hadn’t received kicking skills training from Johny Wilkinson in midweek and managed to keep shots below the crossbar, they may have taken something from the game.

Wilder’s Blades lost 1-0 at Millwall in his early days in League 1, so no shame in having a hiccup in that god-forsaken stadium.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom