Match Thread Millwall v. Sheffield United - 26th February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MILL
MILL
MILL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1645875858814.png V. 1645875865657.png
Championship Week 33 - Saturday 26th February 2022 - 15:00 - The New Den
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/millwall-vs-sheffield-united.586/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Daniel Leach
Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1645875948795.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Bournemouth’s April fixtures look anything but easy. It’s a big ask but I think 84-86 points gets autos. 10-11 wins from 14.

The games are coming thick and fast, although it may be tough on the players, I love it, expectations and excitement are rising, weve got our team back. When heckingbottom replaced jovanovic I was a little sceptical, even though i felt he steadied a sinking ship in the premiership, I didn't think, and not many people did, that it would be so spectacular, the team spirit is back, performances are back and results are back, I know we will have a few disappointing results before the end of the season but I didn't expect to feel like this this season. Today is millwall and my mind goes back to the game against millwall in our promotion season when we went expecting a win and was so disappointed with only getting a draw with a last gasp equaliser,Looking forward to today, come on you red and white wizaaaards

Tough game this, especially after the midweek game where some of the players looked to be running on empty by the end. I expect about 5 changes from the Blackburn game starting line up

Should be no over reactions today if we do dip, we have two huge six pointers coming up.

Going to be a real test today against a team on a good run, especially considering the efforts that were put in Wednesday night.

I’d definitely make some changes today and get some fresh legs in the team. Hourihane in for fleck for fresh legs and then Ndiaye in for MGW due to him coming off injured.

Wes
Baldock Davies Egan Robinson RND
Norwood Hourihane
Berge Ndiaye
Sharp

Tough game this, especially after the midweek game where some of the players looked to be running on empty by the end. I expect about 5 changes from the Blackburn game starting line up

Should be no over reactions today if we do dip, we have two huge six pointers coming up.
This totally

This will be one of the biggest wins this season if we pull this off taking into acct the number of games we have recently played alongside the injuries etc.

“No over reactions”
1645882471530.gif

never feel confident going to millwall, we saw in the fa cup how good they an be, its always a tough place to go in more ways than 1, even more so with our mounting injuries & suspensions

Bournemouth’s April fixtures look anything but easy. It’s a big ask but I think 84-86 points gets autos. 10-11 wins from 14.
i know i was looking few days ago. that is a shocking run in WBA, Blades, Coventry, Blackburn away & Fulham, Forest, Middlesbrough Home

added to that this midweek (excluding internationals) is there only blank week. as they are playing 3 games a week for the reminder of the season.

Going to be a real test today against a team on a good run, especially considering the efforts that were put in Wednesday night.

I’d definitely make some changes today and get some fresh legs in the team. Hourihane in for fleck for fresh legs and then Ndiaye in for MGW due to him coming off injured.

Wes
Baldock Davies Egan Robinson RND
Norwood Hourihane
Berge Ndiaye
Sharp
Millwall played on Wednesday and have injury problems as well

Team v Millwall
Blades: Foderingham, Baldock, McBurnie, Sharp, Egan, Norwood, Robinson, Hourihane, Ndiaye, Norrington-Davies, Gordon.
Subs: A. Davies, Fleck, Berge, B. Davies, Gibbs-White, Jebbison, Starbuck.

Be good to see how Gordon gets on at a tough place. May give us an idea if he can be Bashams long term replacement.

MGW and Berge must be fatigued and with the 2 games coming up not worth the risk

No Berge, I’m shocked. If he’s fit he plus, surely ftse Wednesday

Dropped our two best players 😮😮

Mcburnie and sharp hasn’t worked the last few times we have played it so why are we playing them again

It doesn’t make any sense to not rotate sharp when he’s 38 but chop and change Berge/MGW

Also playing gordon ahead of Davies 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Not picking MGW and Berge is a huge risk. It's asking a lot of Ndiye and McBurnie, both of whom have been playing well but not creating anything or scoring enough. I can see Sharp having a frustrating game so our set pieces need to be spot on today, as they might be our best chance of scoring.

To me, and I must point out, I know f all, play the best team, every game is 3 points regardless of which team you play, I sincerely hope that we come home with a win and I suppose hecky has done enough for me to trust him.

We’re risking Billy getting a serious injury with the amount of minutes he’s being played. Mans 36 years old & really shouldn’t be starting every single week… today was the opportunity to give him a break & give Jebbison a go.

Millwall must be delighted seeing that line-up. Our most dangerous midfielders benched and a young kid at the back, with only 3 league goals coming into side in Ndiaye & McBurnie. Big gamble by Hecky.

I can understand the need to rest Berge (who looked shattered on Wednesday) and MGW (who looked like he got a slight knock and put a real shift in).

We need to manage players. Simple as. You just keep playing them they will get injured

Not convinced by Sharp and McBurnie upfront. I'd have been tempted to push Ndaiye up alongside one of them and Hourihane in the attacking midfield role (which he used to play). Fleck next to Norwood.

Good to see Gordon getting the nod. I thought he might bodge it with Davies on the right but I can see the sense.

Take a point today. Going to be a tough one.

Back
Top Bottom