Match Thread Millwall v. Sheffield United - 25th Jan 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MILL
MILL
MILL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1579822396893.png v. 1579822405212.png
FA Cup Round 4 - Saturday 25th January 2020 - The New Den

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/millwall-vs-sheffield-united.506/

Officials:

Referee:
Anthony Taylor
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Fourth Official: Brett Huxtable
Video Assistant Referee: N/A - No VAR in operation (why have it the same across the competition, when you can arse around and change the conditions for some clubs/fixtures)
Additional Video Assistant Referee: N/A - No VAR in operation (why have it the same across the competition, when you can arse around and change the conditions for some clubs/fixtures)

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 23.32.05.png

I think there's something up with my tv as it looks like we're playing on a ploughed field

Don't think we're as poor as we were against Fylde. Just not clicking with each other. Pitch isn't helping our game though. Hopefully once we settle our class should show

Yeh poor start so far, flat, a lot of aimless balls.

Keiran freeman looks more composed than against flyde.

Lot.of long balls which unsurprisingly their centre halves are winning all against Sharp and Robinson. To be fair the pitch isnt encouraging good football

This is painful currently. Hoofball.

We don’t even look like getting out of 1st gear here. Having to hoof it due to the pitch.

The wingbacks and Sharp probably our best players that half – Osborn’s been very good. Rest average. Norwood very poor.

Half time break. Hoping the Millwall field staff have time to harvest the cabbages.

One one-on-one each (both messed up really, Sharp should have hit in first time)

We've been the better team, but not by a great deal. So many misplaced passes and we're hoofing it in the channels with little purpose far too often.

K Freeman (and Basham) have looked like our best outlet but the strikers are not getting across their man or taking chances.

Disappointed with the left hand side. Too many mistakes. We've not exactly look confident of dealing with long high balls either.

I don't think L Freeman can play the Fleck role. I'd rather we changed and played like last season and put him in the Duffy role.

Needs to be better or this is going to a replay.

Milwall are comfortable, we need to be a lot more agressive and attacking minded. Norwood needs to up his game as does besic.
We cant blame the pitch i play on worse 4G pitches and can cope, yes its not a bowling green but it's playable.

Painful half to watch, barely notice Robinson is playing & Freeman (Luke) is just as crap today too. We need a much much better half now otherwise it's FA cup replay time!

That Jags missed header was proper basic bitch stuff. Don’t expect that from him. Rust maybe.

Would love us to bring Morrison on for Norwood or Besic, or bring Robinson on for Norwood or Besic and push Osborn into midfield. Both would allow us to push the man up being the strikers (Freeman or Morrison) and play what served us so well against the likes of Millwall in the championship.

First half garbage...created one chance for Billy cleared off line..we need to shape up second half cos I want pigs at lane in fifth rnd...

Back
Top Bottom