Match Thread Millwall v. Sheffield United - 25th Jan 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MILL
MILL
MILL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1579822396893.png v. 1579822405212.png
FA Cup Round 4 - Saturday 25th January 2020 - The New Den

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/millwall-vs-sheffield-united.506/

Officials:

Referee:
Anthony Taylor
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Fourth Official: Brett Huxtable
Video Assistant Referee: N/A - No VAR in operation (why have it the same across the competition, when you can arse around and change the conditions for some clubs/fixtures)
Additional Video Assistant Referee: N/A - No VAR in operation (why have it the same across the competition, when you can arse around and change the conditions for some clubs/fixtures)

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 23.32.05.png

Normally I'd say we need to focus on the league. However, my son & I have come to the match on one of the Blades coaches. It's our first away match this season because, although we've been season ticket holders for about six years, we don't have enough loyalty points to get away tickets in the Premier League. So having got up at 6:00 AM and travelled down here, I want a reasonable team and a good performance.

Want to see Freeman in mid for nothing else than to boost my hopes that we aren’t shipping him out

personally think we should go for the cup, given how we have played this season so far I’m confident we could beat anyone in a nothing to lose season already done cup final

Generally, as expected. I'm surprised Clarke is on the bench. It seems pointless. Is Rodwell injured? Seems odd you wouldn't think about giving him 20-25 minutes if we're winning. I'm also a bit puzzled why Verrips doesn't get a start after what happened last time.

Still, enough out there to win, but likely to be close.

very happy with that wilder has walked the tightline of a strong team but resting big players. its a question id like to know from someone if you dont want to go for fa cup now when do we. we are safely in premier league. so we havent got all the excuses everyone talks about promotion battle or a relegation battle to sort out or distraction of europe.

we have never been in better position to make our 1st final since 1936. when you think you likely have to be 94yr old member of this forum to have any vague memory of our last fa cup final

Millwall have made 5 changes, including this pair getting a start.....

1579961711041.jpeg

1579961746595.jpeg

Leon Clarke had the softest easiest season picking up a wage he could only have dreamed about.

It's a good lineup as the spine that's integral to our system is in there, meaning we get a decent idea of how our fringe players might slot in if required.

Deserved rests for Fleck, Stevens & Lundstram & no point in risking Baldock, McGoldrick, or Mousset's fitness. The regulars that he's started with again are boys we know can easily handle the extra fixture - though I'd consider bringing O'Connell & Norwood off on the hour.

As usual, I think he's got it bang on.

Intrigued & really looking forward to this one.

any way of watching this for those not able to get to the game? Are bet 365 streaming it on their site?

Think Wilder's got it just about spot on leaving out Stevens, Baldock, McGoldrick and Mousset altogether, while selecting a strong enough team.

Important that those players stay fresh.

On the last train in to South bermondsey before kick off right now and there is literally no one on it.

Did all 1,400 of you go in early? 😂

Back
Top Bottom