Outgoing? McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wolves only want to negotiate a loan deal though for the 25-year-old whereas United would be open to cashing in on McBurnie, with Slavisa Jokanovic only starting him in two of the club’s five Championship matches so far.
FLW

Annoying thing is, I can guarantee if he went to wolves he’d probably score goals.
Can remember watching him at barnsley and he was unplayable, just doesn’t look the same player at United

Loaning mcburbie would be a mistake

However poor he was yesterday you don’t let one of your main strikers leave 3 days before the windows closing and he is however much people say he’s crap

I think it's addition by subtraction at the moment. What I mean is not necessarily bringing in a player for every one that goes out but by getting some of the core out we MAY start to change this losing stench.

I'd have no issues any of the current squad going out at all. We need a shake up.

Despite everyone saying what a plethora of attacking options we had at this level, none other than Sharp look remotely like scoring ANY goals. Whether it's the system, them or a bit of both.

We need to try something different.

McBurnie and Brewsters value is dropping by the week. If we could move one or both on and Burke I'd be delighted.

Personally I'd rather keep Sharp/Didzy and Jebbison...who knows maybe Mousse may play a few one day....and move out all of McBurnie, Burke and Brewster. All 3 have been garbage for a year or longer. In an ideal world bring 2 new strikers in...Kieffer Moore type and some raw pace alongside him but sadly we cannot do all that in 2 days! It has all been left too late.

The clear out (of not just the striking department) should have happened the day the season finished.

McBurnie has only another year left on his contract after this year. If we can recoup some money now via a loan deal...ideally permanent I am all for it. He is simply not improving or contributing much at all. A pitifully weak striker who has no power with or without the ball and is completely Immobile. Terrible touch mostly and never a goal threat. What does he offer other than the odd flick on?

Complete waste of 17 million really. He has played well in about half a dozen games in 2 and a bit seasons. The Maupay v McBurnie argument looks embarrassing now.

Thought experiment

who scores more if played for a season ??

- sharp mcgoldrick and jebbison

- Burke, mcburnie and Brewster.

For me we could sell the bottom 3 / get them off the wage bill and we’d score no fewer goals irregardless. It woul also free up a hell of lot more funds to sort the side.

admittedly we have not time to use that money.

loan him for the season with a view to buy personally if we got 10m for him it would be a steal hes useless and has never fitted at the lane same as burke and brewster

Thought experiment

who scores more if played for a season ??

- sharp mcgoldrick and jebbison

- Burke, mcburnie and Brewster.

For me we could sell the bottom 3 / get them off the wage bill and we’d score no fewer goals irregardless. It woul also free up a hell of lot more funds to sort the side.

admittedly we have not time to use that money.

Or…
McB/Brew/McG

Sharp/Burke/Jebbo

As poor as he & Burke have been, letting them go without replacements is doing the opposite of strengthening the squad isn't it.

Coming into this season the one area I felt confident in was in our forwards. Let those 2 go and our (admittedly underperforming) options are rapidly depleting. Are we just considering throwing the towel in already and cashing in do we think? The board seem to be taking the piss this transfer window. Not surprised SJ is fuming.

As poor as he & Burke have been, letting them go without replacements is doing the opposite of strengthening the squad isn't it.

Coming into this season the one area I felt confident in was in our forwards. Let those 2 go and our (admittedly underperforming) options are rapidly depleting. Are we just considering throwing the towel in already and cashing in do we think? The board seem to be taking the piss this transfer window. Not surprised SJ is fuming.
Not exactly weakening it either.

Is it ?

😉.

UTB

It would be madness to write off the strikers before we fix the key team issues. That isn't Mcburnie. If we start creating a normal amount of chances and he gets the minutes and still doesn't cut it then fine. I'll hold my hands up.

As it stands he is still a player who has previously excelled at this level and was joint 3rd for motm awards in the most successful season i have seen us have.

Annoying thing is, I can guarantee if he went to wolves he’d probably score goals.
Can remember watching him at barnsley and he was unplayable, just doesn’t look the same player at United
Guarantee he would probably !

Your conviction is utterly convincing fella 😀👍.

UTB

Sure wolves are no longer in for striker seen as they are signing Hwang Hee-Chan?

Looks like his agent trying to get him out of a club he doesn't want to be at
His body language and lack of effort told a story yesterday and that's from someone who has defended him till this point

I dunno who to believe S24SU posters tell me Mcburnie is the worst striker in the history of football

But Scouts at Wolves who have unearthed players like Pedro Neto / Reuben Neves think he’s decent enough to sign

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Getting rid of mcburnie on deadline day would be mental but so is not backing Slav and so is blaming our strikers when they’ve been fed scraps for 2 seasons

McBurnie - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC and bagged a few in his first season with us in the PL.
Brewster - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC.
Both are currently playing in an SUFC team that creates about one half-chance per game (in the Championship). Brewster has only ever played for us while we have been creatively inept.

McB and Brewster are clearly not the problem. The lack of creativity is the problem.

No money for replacements wouldnt help us in any way. This should have been the summer to start an overhaul in the clubs culture but like a good number of us feared the mental hangover still looms large over the squad and they are too spineless to get out of it.

McBurnie - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC and bagged a few in his first season with us in the PL.
Brewster - scored goals in Championship before coming to SUFC.
Both are currently playing in an SUFC team that creates about one half-chance per game (in the Championship). Brewster has only ever played for us while we have been creatively inept.

McB and Brewster are clearly not the problem. The lack of creativity is the problem.

Stop talking sense mate they should be sold immediately

Back
Top Bottom