Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Sunderland (Carabao Cup 3rdRND)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SUND
SUND
SUND
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent win at Goodison on Saturday it's likely to be mass changes, perhaps an entire 11? Next season is the time to think about a serious cup run if we remain in the PL. That said I always want to see us win, after few of the main 11 take part, then the risk is minimal....

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Clarke to start?

Mcgoldrick a chance to hone is striking skills? ;)

Presumably we still daren't give Verrips an appearance?

Clearly we'll have one eye on Saturday's game despite that seeming an impossible task. However it's a chance for those on the fringe, or requiring match fitness to gain such. We shouldn't underestimate the opposition either who are going solidly if unspectacularly in L1. 3-1 Blades is my early prediction :)

UTB

I get that but surely show a bit more than that. We play 8 league games less this season, we have primed athletes in the form of their lives, let them carry on.

I can guarantee if we played the same team as we have been doing and someone got injured, unavailable for Saturday you'd be one of the first whinging.

So what's happened to Luke Freeman? Looked a proper player for a game and half, now looks like an also ran.

He was quite poor but he was playing with mannequins mostly. Hard to conjure anything when there's no movement.

I'm not going to cup games anymore because it just stresses me out about how thin we are in certain positions.

For example, if Keiron Freeman plays for us in the Premier League everything suggests that we'll have fucked it.

I can guarantee if we played the same team as we have been doing and someone got injured, unavailable for Saturday you'd be one of the first whinging.

That is quite an assumption since you don't know me.

I get that but surely show a bit more than that. We play 8 league games less this season, we have primed athletes in the form of their lives, let them carry on.
And sometimes the primed athletes even manage to injure themselves in the wsrm-up.
Unless there's a good reason for a regular first teamer to play, rest may be best.

(Norrington-Davies had a good run out at Old Trafford tonight.) Luke Freeman looks so much better with Norwood and Lundstram, hard to see it's the same player. Individually most who played tonight are ok but as a team it's not working without weeks of playing together and creating relations. Fleck came on and played probably his worst 20 minutes ever. Just forget it, we're not in a posistion to change 8-10 players and still field a team good enough. McBurnie and Robinson looked no better than the rest. All our reserves get is training and no games, a big difference that.

Thought Besic looked quality, the rest, meh.

Kieron Freeman looks fitter as well ☺

That is all.

Yeaahhh it was dull and we played pretty awfully. A lot of changes don't help, but West Ham got spanked by Oxford, Spurs lost to Colchester, Bournemouth lost to Burton, Man Yoo held by Rochdale, it could be worse. Onwards to the league and FA Cup now.

Man Utd chose not to enter the FA cup once.

They were asked not to by the FA though if we're talking about the club world cup.

It was so England would look good on the world stage while bidding for the world cup, if we put that team into the club world cup they'd ban England from international competition 😅

They were asked not to by the FA though if we're talking about the club world cup.

It was so England would look good on the world stage while bidding for the world cup, if we put that team into the club world cup they'd ban England from international competition 😅

Isn't it time they scrapped the Cara whatever cup it is? Nobody gives a fuck about it.

Hopefully by the time the FA cup arrives, we'll have reinforced in the JTW and won't be absolutely shite in the cups despite our attempts.

I got very fucked off at the Barnet game last year, and I’m not denying that this is disappointing, but I’m really not that arsed about this result. It’s the carabao cup. It adds literally nothing to English football. If this was in the FA Cup then yes I would be very angry. Maybe I’m just not surprised, since the management and players probably don’t care about the cups, which really can you blame them?

He pretty much forfeited the match before a ball was kicked. Bit of an insult to the fans who turned up.

Although it is the same every season. We should ask not be put in the draw.

Bet all he said to them at half time was "have we got any injuries?".

If anyone who's been saying Lunny and/or Norwood should be dropped for Besic and/or Morrison, they won't be saying it anymore.

Both aren't up to it physically.

Ravel is paying for wasting a few years.

I'm sure Besic used to be quicker across the ground. His knee injury has affected him.

And together they make an absolutely horrible pairing.

Just got back, Love our management, love our team, but that was dreadful, Wilder has to take the blame for that, he does not give a shit about the cups, but i still paid decent money to go and watch that ! Bloody awful
Me too that’s the last cup game I attend
Well maybe if we reach the quarters:)

...and elswhere Nigel Clough 's on a another cuprun, gave us some memorable moments back in the dark age.....

Well that was wank wasn't it!!

Back
Top Bottom