Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Sunderland (Carabao Cup 3rdRND)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SUND
SUND
SUND
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent win at Goodison on Saturday it's likely to be mass changes, perhaps an entire 11? Next season is the time to think about a serious cup run if we remain in the PL. That said I always want to see us win, after few of the main 11 take part, then the risk is minimal....

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Clarke to start?

Mcgoldrick a chance to hone is striking skills? ;)

Presumably we still daren't give Verrips an appearance?

Clearly we'll have one eye on Saturday's game despite that seeming an impossible task. However it's a chance for those on the fringe, or requiring match fitness to gain such. We shouldn't underestimate the opposition either who are going solidly if unspectacularly in L1. 3-1 Blades is my early prediction :)

UTB

Better than Blackburn but still wank.

Gave the ball away less, but what we did with it wasn't worth doing.

How Besic got man of the match I'll never know, like he thought he was playing on his own. So slow to get the ball out of his feet.

Bah.
Well who do you suggest we gave it to? He was the least worst, which is in reality probably a barometer of how and we played.

Jags maybe? But we conceded.

He is too busy putting change in the electricity meter at Burton.

3b5600e2-fde1-49ed-a0a6-1d36e3456388.png

Well who do you suggest we gave it to? He was the least worst, which is in reality probably a barometer of how and we played.

Jags maybe? But we conceded.

Fair point.

Robinson for having a shot on target, or no-one.

In fact, give it to the lightshow programmer.

Thought we were going to tear them a new one after the first five minutes, then it descended to Barnet levels of couldn't give a fuck.

Credit to the Sunderland fans, brought a decent number down and made some noise

Wilder Out
Knill Out
Prince Out
Lundstram Out
We're Out
Shoe's Off
Who Cares?

Think the main reason we are so shit in the cups is when the entire back 5 is changed.

The entire way we play is based around the back 5 when that’s completely changed we may aswell be a different team.

Shit result but so what

Think the main reason we are so shit in the cups is when the entire back 5 is changed.

The entire way we play is based around the back 5 when that’s completely changed we may aswell be a different team.

Shit result but so what

True but they must train alongside the other defenders and therefore they should know the tactics inside out.

The thing that frustrates me is these players would benefit from a few cup games.
This is it.

Done themselves no favours at all.

Was the Kop open? For Cup games I'd rather we open the Kop and close John Street. We managed that under Bassett for a year. Fred West's garden as he called it - imagine saying that these days!

Get better atmosphere that way.

Also, agree the comment on the defenders. If they are not going to bomb on we might as well just have played 4-4-2, matched up and looked for our better individuals to come through.

True but they must train alongside the other defenders and therefore they should know the tactics inside out.

I agree swapping one player or even two there might not be much difference

But all 5 we may aswell just play 4 at the back there’s no point.

Stearman is a good leader but he’s barely mid table championship quality bryans never played in the championship before.

Can’t expect them to be anywhere near as good as first choice saw it with Barnet last year

Wilder Out
Knill Out
Prince Out
Lundstram Out
We're Out
Shoe's Off
Who Cares?

I care, winning is a habit which breeds confidence. I can understand a couple of changes but 10 is just stupid.

Nobody out apart from the reserves that ain't good enough.

A thoroughly satisfying night for everyone at the club I think.

Just not the fans who are made to feel like absolute twats for turning up.

Totally pathetic display.

They tried to coast through at 75% and no one wanted to take any responsibility. Until the last 5 minutes, obviously. Got to end on something of a 'we care' note after all.

Let's just pray Lundstram stays fit. Think I'll just leave it at that.

I care, winning is a habit which breeds confidence. I can understand a couple of changes but 10 is just stupid.

Nobody out apart from the reserves that ain't good enough.

It's crap for those who went, but, we're playing a fairly set team and the reserves need games. The cup is meaningless at this stage. You can see what effect extra games has on a team like Wolves. We need to concentrate on the league. Sure, maybe a bit less change for the FA Cup, but staying up is everything this year.

It's crap for those who went, but, we're playing a fairly set team and the reserves need games. The cup is meaningless at this stage. You can see what effect extra games has on a team like Wolves. We need to concentrate on the league. Sure, maybe a bit less change for the FA Cup, but staying up is everything this year.

I get that but surely show a bit more than that. We play 8 league games less this season, we have primed athletes in the form of their lives, let them carry on.

Didn't have to defend the lead, we did nowt to bother them.

A thoroughly satisfying night for everyone at the club I think.

Just not the fans who are made to feel like absolute twats for turning up.

Totally pathetic display.

They tried to coast through at 75% and no one wanted to take any responsibility. Until the last 5 minutes, obviously. Got to end on something of a 'we care' note after all.

Let's just pray Lundstram stays fit. Think I'll just leave it at that.

If anyone who's been saying Lunny and/or Norwood should be dropped for Besic and/or Morrison, they won't be saying it anymore.

Once we're a fixture in the Prem and hopefully that WILL happen, then that's the time to worry about cup competitions.
Until then I don't care very much at all about them, except their useful to give our squad players a run out.
Liverpool on Saturday in the league is the important game this week.

Just got back, Love our management, love our team, but that was dreadful, Wilder has to take the blame for that, he does not give a shit about the cups, but i still paid decent money to go and watch that ! Bloody awful

He pretty much forfeited the match before a ball was kicked. Bit of an insult to the fans who turned up.

Although it is the same every season. We should ask not be put in the draw.

So what's happened to Luke Freeman? Looked a proper player for a game and half, now looks like an also ran.

Back
Top Bottom