Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Sunderland (Carabao Cup 3rdRND)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SUND
SUND
SUND
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent win at Goodison on Saturday it's likely to be mass changes, perhaps an entire 11? Next season is the time to think about a serious cup run if we remain in the PL. That said I always want to see us win, after few of the main 11 take part, then the risk is minimal....

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Clarke to start?

Mcgoldrick a chance to hone is striking skills? ;)

Presumably we still daren't give Verrips an appearance?

Clearly we'll have one eye on Saturday's game despite that seeming an impossible task. However it's a chance for those on the fringe, or requiring match fitness to gain such. We shouldn't underestimate the opposition either who are going solidly if unspectacularly in L1. 3-1 Blades is my early prediction :)

UTB

to not have a single youth player in the squad for what’s not a particularly important game against League 1 opposition does strike me as a bit poor
ballsup has covered this point in that all our good youths are on loan, the U23 (reserves) are very young players plus we need to keep the first team cover players fit and up to speed.

ballsup has covered this point in that all our good youths are on loan, the U23 (reserves) are very young players plus we need to keep the first team cover players fit and up to speed.

Indeed – that’s why I included the last paragraph. As I recall didn’t he also suggest a player absent on Monday might have been involved?

In other news, Joel Lynch has finally resurfaced after we ran off and left him in Portugal. It seems he’s making his debut for Sunderland.

In other news, Joel Lynch has finally resurfaced after we ran off and left him in Portugal. It seems he’s making his debut for Sunderland.
According to their assistant manager on Radio Newcastle he's (Lynch) has got something to proof (that he's good enough to play for the Blades)!

People complaining about this light show thing most fucking modern progressive clubs have it and IMO the way Wolves implemented is very impressive and helps the build up to kick off. But hey ho suppose its another thing that we can complain about. Just seen someone on twitter saying it "reeks of the prince, waste of money!".

I highly doubt it is most clubs. And the reason it isn’t most clubs is because it’s shit and tinpot. Much like goal music.

Apparently Les Musset is on loan from Bournemouth!

These BBC reporters certainly know their stuff 😂

in other news... 0-1, Sunderland go ahead after weathering wave after wave of attack from us.

it’s shit and tinpot.
Like most clubs, If we want to make ourselves a global brand or sustainable club were gonna have to join the top division crowd and add shite like this to "the match day experience". Im not the biggest fan of it myself but the moaning from a good number of our supporters is immature and trying to make it out as being some sort of problem.

I highly doubt it is most clubs. And the reason it isn’t most clubs is because it’s shit and tinpot. Much like goal music.

It's at most Premier League clubs. I feel confident in saying all Premier League clubs to be honest but I'm watching the match so I'm not doing the research.

It's fine. Same as flamethrowers.

Like most clubs, If we want to make ourselves a global brand or sustainable club were gonna have to join the top division crowd and add shite like this to "the match day experience". Im not the biggest fan of it myself but the moaning from a good number of our supporters is immature and trying to make it out as being some sort of problem.

Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc all have global brands. Do they have this shite? Stinks of a club who can’t create its own atmosphere without a gimmick.

We’re sheffield United. We pride ourselves on creating our own intimidating atmosphere for night games. If this is what football is becoming then it will turn more people away from it than to it.

It's at most Premier League clubs. I feel confident in saying all Premier League clubs to be honest but I'm watching the match so I'm not doing the research.

It's fine. Same as flamethrowers.

Wouldn’t take long to do the research seeing as it’s definitely not at all Premier League clubs.

Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc all have global brands. Do they have this shite? Stinks of a club who can’t create its own atmosphere without a gimmick.

We’re sheffield United. We pride ourselves on creating our own intimidating atmosphere for night games. If this is what football is becoming then it will turn more people away from it than to it.
Yes they do, so do Wolves and Leicester and a lot of European clubs especially in Germany and Spain. It also doesn't help that we barely play night matches anymore as well. 😂

As long as we never use those fucking cardboard clappers.

Still 0-1, can't say I'm totally shocked to be a goal down to a third tier team's reserves. After enduring the Barnet and Blackburn games I've fucked this one off, if the team can't be arsed whether we win or not neither can I

Yes they do, so do Wolves and Leicester and a lot of European clubs especially in Germany and Spain. It also doesn't help that we barely play night matches anymore as well. 😂

Man U and Chelsea have 100% not done it tonight.

Didn’t realise we were in Germany or Spain.

"Sheffield United create their own atmosphere"

They don't open the Kop for cup games so not really.

Considering we'll have maybe 3 league Monday night games and we won't be in the cup long, and if we are we might be away, I'm the whingers will survive.

Man U and Chelsea have 100% not done it tonight.

Didn’t realise we were in Germany or Spain.
Well it has specifically been posted that today is a unveiling/test of it, I just think its not worth getting worked up over but I agree that modern football is ridden with gimmicks

If we want to become a global brand it would be a good idea to win something every 100 years or so. Tonight's team selection and abject surrender is entirely predictable and if the club couldn't give a shit then sure as hell neither am I going to waste time and money watching it. I'm sure we'll get the tail-waggers on later saying it's all good as "survival" has to be the priority. Yeah, survival, how silly of me. Do we get a trophy for it?

"Sheffield United create their own atmosphere"

They don't open the Kop for cup games so not really.

Considering we'll have maybe 3 league Monday night games, I'm the whingers will survive.

Interesting mis-quote there. You ever thought of working for the sun?

Don’t remember playing in front of an empty kop in the cup semis against Spurs and Liverpool?

Personally I'd rather support a football club than a global brand.

Back
Top Bottom