Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Sunderland (Carabao Cup 3rdRND)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SUND
SUND
SUND
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent win at Goodison on Saturday it's likely to be mass changes, perhaps an entire 11? Next season is the time to think about a serious cup run if we remain in the PL. That said I always want to see us win, after few of the main 11 take part, then the risk is minimal....

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Clarke to start?

Mcgoldrick a chance to hone is striking skills? ;)

Presumably we still daren't give Verrips an appearance?

Clearly we'll have one eye on Saturday's game despite that seeming an impossible task. However it's a chance for those on the fringe, or requiring match fitness to gain such. We shouldn't underestimate the opposition either who are going solidly if unspectacularly in L1. 3-1 Blades is my early prediction :)

UTB

how was the lightshow, maybe the reason our players never found each other ???

I'm pleased for Sunderland, their fans deserve something to cheer.

My opinion of the League Cup is that it is a completely redundant competition whose only purpose is to give game time to shadow players, but on the other hand it is at least something we - along with the rest of the rump of the PL - have a slight chance of winning.

So it's an opportunity lost.

On second thoughts, feck it.

We just lost out on £100,000 prize money. Yep! That's how much the winner of the League Cup gets apparently. Just think what we could have bought with that! :rolleyes:

I care, winning is a habit which breeds confidence. I can understand a couple of changes but 10 is just stupid.

Nobody out apart from the reserves that ain't good enough.

Bring back the Central League. Then those who enjoy watching our reserves can do so every week. And it's regular competitive football for them, instead of waiting for a Cup tie to give the second string a run out.

That is quite an assumption since you don't know me.

That's the thing about messageboard forums. People assume they know you because of what you write. I suspect that most people are nothing like their messageboard personas. For example Bruce, I think you are probably a short blonde haired girl with large breasts and an insatiable sex drive? Please PM if correct.;)

We just lost out on £100,000 prize money. Yep! That's how much the winner of the League Cup gets apparently. Just think what we could have bought with that! :rolleyes:

You also get into Europe, that's worth a fair bit.

I think neither Freeman nor Fleck want to play against Liverpool. Fleck saw how badly Freeman was playing and tried to match it. I don't think Fleck managed to do literally anything right when he came on.

Morrison was useless. If he ever makes a significant contribution to the first team I'll stand hanging. Hopefully the clamour for him to play will die down.

Has anyone ever seen a more inept display be rewarded with MOTM than Besic tonight? He was fucking dreadful, from his hesitant passing to his embarrassing attempted sliding tackle in the first half.

Other than that, the midfield was pretty good.

You also get into Europe, that's worth a fair bit.

I think neither Freeman nor Fleck want to play against Liverpool. Fleck saw how badly Freeman was playing and tried to match it. I don't think Fleck managed to do literally anything right when he came on.

Morrison was useless. If he ever makes a significant contribution to the first team I'll stand hanging. Hopefully the clamour for him to play will die down.

Has anyone ever seen a more inept display be rewarded with MOTM than Besic tonight? He was fucking dreadful, from his hesitant passing to his embarrassing attempted sliding tackle in the first half.

Other than that, the midfield was pretty good.

I thought Besic was our best player tbh. He seemed to be the only one with any composure in that midfield. I thought he had a decent game and deserved his MOTM if only for the fact that no one else did.

That's the thing about messageboard forums. People assume they know you because of what you write. I suspect that most people are nothing like their messageboard personas. For example Bruce, I think you are probably a short blonde haired girl with large breasts and an insatiable sex drive? Please PM if correct.;)

That's cat woman u pleb.

Me too that’s the last cup game I attend
Well maybe if we reach the quarters:)
Was this a surprise ,loads of shocks in the league cup every year going right back to when it first started in the early sixties.Millers got to the final that year.
So many teams play reserve teams to keep players fresh for weekend we have been doing it a few years too .
Only a few premiership clubs have the strength to do this and one of them usually wins it.
I've been tonight as always and the result and performance wasnt a surprise , disappointing yes but not surprising.
Wilder called it in his interview saying put 2or 3 into the first team and it's ok ! 10 changes and just not good enough .
No criticism of Wilder as Liverpool are next we have to have our strongest 11 fresh and ready to go.
It's alright saying : we paid good money but how many of us would have been critical of Wilder if we lost a few regulars due to playing tonight.Its gone bring on the pool.

I thought Besic was our best player tbh. He seemed to be the only one with any composure in that midfield. I thought he had a decent game and deserved his MOTM if only for the fact that no one else did.

I mean yeah, in the sense that everyone was awful I suppose you could be right. I thought he was poor though, a couple of nice long passes aside. He's certainly not much of a tackler, despite his reputation.

To everybody saying what if we lost this player that player etc...that's what a squad is for and ours is pretty tidy now unless we get an on pitch disaster similar to the crash at Munich we have cover. Otherwise just say 'second string tonight not looking for a cup run save your cash'.

Maybe we should have Cloughie back just to manage our Cup games...
You may have stumbled on a new system of football management. Like cricket has different captains for differing disciplins of the game, we could have different managers for league, FA Cup, Carabao Cup etc., making the post of a Director of Football almost palatable. Gerrit patented, you might be on to somthing.

Last edited:

Glory, Cerberus, that's what football is about.

We've been in the PL five fucking minutes and now it's about prize money?

Back
Top Bottom