Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Sunderland (Carabao Cup 3rdRND)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SUND
SUND
SUND
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after the magnificent win at Goodison on Saturday it's likely to be mass changes, perhaps an entire 11? Next season is the time to think about a serious cup run if we remain in the PL. That said I always want to see us win, after few of the main 11 take part, then the risk is minimal....

But anyway?

Any team news? :)

Clarke to start?

Mcgoldrick a chance to hone is striking skills? ;)

Presumably we still daren't give Verrips an appearance?

Clearly we'll have one eye on Saturday's game despite that seeming an impossible task. However it's a chance for those on the fringe, or requiring match fitness to gain such. We shouldn't underestimate the opposition either who are going solidly if unspectacularly in L1. 3-1 Blades is my early prediction :)

UTB

Decent moments going forward, but a bit predictable and hesitant in midfield.

Moore let's in a long range shot, what year is it? It's like our first Championship season.

Poor communication from him and our defence had us face a few more corners than we needed to.

Chelsea definitely do it big time for big games don’t they have blue strobes as well as the white? Thought they started it tbh in this country. Can’t see a problem with it myself we do moan about fuck all sometimes us lot 😂

Chelsea have projectors putting the badge on their pitch. Think Leicester do too.

Sounds like a reight sack of bollocks and was going to suggest... but then I saw this

Chelsea have projectors putting the badge on their pitch.
going to suggest rather than fuck around with the floodlights do a laser light show at least it'd be something to watch without destroying anybody's eyesight.

Sounds like a reight sack of bollocks and was going to suggest... but then I saw this

going to suggest rather than fuck around with the floodlights do a laser light show at least it'd be something to watch without destroying anybody's eyesight.

I filmed it, I'll upload it later. It was a bit crap, not gonna lie, but it's nothing worth complaining about.

Come on United, not a massive fan of surrendering at home. The ten who come in are all legit first team options.

Given we lost to Leicester, lost to Southampton, it's pretty shit of us to lose at home to a League One team. It's not lending itself to Fortress Bramall Lane really, is it? We need to be able to break down League One teams at home.

Sounds like we started like a train, had a couple of good chances, then got hit by a great strike!
After that it sounds like we've been terrible.....
That's how it comes across on Radio Newcastle!

We're giving the Mackems more time on the ball than they're used to in L1....
According to Radio Newcastle!

Missed the first 5 minutes, massive queues outside due to everyone including me, arriving 10 minutes before kick off.

The main positive is we’ve been better than the 1st half against Blackburn.

It’s been a fairly even match so far with possibly Sunderland just edging it.

We look like we have better individuals but we’re not playing as a team and it’s like the players have just met each other.

Sunderland look well drilled and seemingly want it more. We’re playing a bit slow paced as though it’s a friendly work out. If it was a friendly we’ve not been bad

But we lack urgency or our play is a bit flat. Although our crowd has been totally flat too. No noise on G block south stand what so ever, it’s as though the fans aren’t bothered.

Expect us to pick up the pace 2nd half and go for it.

Max Power attended Wirral Grammar School for Boys, and is named after his parents' pet labrador!!!! 😂

That fucking light show...........please dispense with it urgently and concentrate more on efforts on the pitch. FFS

This referee, fucking hell.

As expected we’re pushing more men forward but Sunderland are good at getting plenty of numbers back so we don’t look like scoring.

The atmosphere sat in the stands is totally flat, it’s as though the players and fans aren’t that bothered.

There’s going to be some goal mouth scrambles in their box and we’re just hoping for some luck where it ricochets to our player.

Threatening build up play but the final ball and decision has been really poor tonight.

Every time we’ve tried a bit of trickery it’s not paid off. The players all seem on different wave lengths.

Good, solid, professional performance from Sunderland and I’d say they’ve edged the game and deserved to win. For a home team we’ve done very little. Depressing.

Last edited:
Can't really say I'm arsed about the result. Just highlights the gulf in quality between certain positions.

I'm pleased for Sunderland, their fans deserve something to cheer.

My opinion of the League Cup is that it is a completely redundant competition whose only purpose is to give game time to shadow players, but on the other hand it is at least something we - along with the rest of the rump of the PL - have a slight chance of winning.

So it's an opportunity lost.

On second thoughts, feck it.

Better than Blackburn but still wank.

Gave the ball away less, but what we did with it wasn't worth doing.

How Besic got man of the match I'll never know, like he thought he was playing on his own. So slow to get the ball out of his feet.

Bah.

Back
Top Bottom