Match Thread FA Cup: Gillingham v. Sheffield United - 6th January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GILLS
GILLS
GILLS

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1704458899841.png vs. 1704458908760.png

FA Cup Third Round - Saturday 6th January 2024 - 15:00 - Priestfield Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/gillingham-vs-sheffield-united.696/

Officials:

Referee: Darren Bond
Assistants: Darren Cann, Matthew Wilkes
Fourth Official: James Linington

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 12.47.03.png

Could it be afftected by the weather?

Could it be afftected by the weather?
It could be but it's unlikely. Today and tomorrow are dry but chilly. If Jnr's U7s match is on tomorrow on then the professionals will have no issue getting the pitch playable.

It's a pity this is all ticket, I might have been tempted to go on a whim tomorrow.

Reactions: Dkc
freezing cold & no roof. ill pass thanks but ive been to some crap places but even i draw a line at that 😄

but we should be winning this because really we should be having a full strength team out there. because otherwise what are are we saving them for. we dont have another game for over 2 weeks & i worry about rustiness if their last game is 30th December & the following is 21th January. as we know from last season how great a cup run is

Dazza Bond bit of a good luck charm for the Blades.

Last game he reffed was in S6 the game against Hull and he did a dodgy red card for a Hull player imo.

1704469081078.jpeg
L

Go on then, who are their ones to watch? I know very little about their squad...

Playing Gillingham reminds me of one of my favourite radio phone-in moments.

Admittedly I was in Leeds at the time and the evening before they'd played them in the Cup at Elland Road.

Host: "And now on the line we've got Geoff from Kirkstall"

Caller" Actually it's Geoff from Gillingham. I had a bit too much to drink last night and got on the wrong bus home"

SUTTON'S PREDICTIONS​

Gap = league places between the two teams

Premier League v League Two​

When?GapResultChrisBanners
SATURDAY
Gillingham v Sheff Utd58x-x0-22-1

Banners: There seems to be 10 minutes added time at the end of every Premier League game, and every team has had so many injuries. It feels like this season has been the most intense we have seen, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of sides use these ties as a chance to take a breather, including Sheffield United. If I was going to pick a tie for an upset, I'd probably say this one.

Taken from the BBC Football - Sutton's Predictions

It's possible that our strikers today might be Cameron Diaz

Back
Top Bottom