Match Thread Match Day Thread : The Mighty Blades v Blackburn Rovers (Carabao Cup Rnd2)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
So after Saturday's defeat we're immediately back in action for our third successive home game. Tonight welcoming Blackburn in the Carabao Cup. Likely to be a number of changes in a match that is not so important to win ;) ....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck obviously still out.

Morrison a likely starter?

Moore getting the nod?

And McBurnie and Sharp up front?

While I want United to win every game, some are less important than others. Avoid unnecessary cards and please no injuries and see what pans out. No extra time in these fixtures, so that is one less worry... Without knowing the lineup it's hard to predict but I think we'll win relatively easily 3-1 with Sharp getting 2...

UTB

I hope we get knocked out as soon as possible. It would be a disaster for players who aren't playing in the league to get a number of games under their belt and give us a cup run in the process.

Record attendance of 38,000 expected to see best player in the country Ravel Morrison.

Some powerful thunderstorms forecast for this evening. Do they take the players off if there is a risk of lightning?

Welcome back Not a Cheat. Shame the mods had to nick your match threads.
Anyway, i can't see any of Saturdays 11 starting as this is a good time to get the other lasd firing and making a claim for a spot in the next squad. 2-0 Blades.

3-1 win

Ravel nets 2, Sharp 1.

They score first and shit us up for an hour.

So after Saturday's defeat we're immediately back in action for our third successive home game. Tonight welcoming Blackburn in the Carabao Cup. Likely to be a number of changes in a match that is not so important to win ;) ....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck obviously still out.

Morrison a likely starter?

Moore getting the nod?

And McBurnie and Sharp up front?

While I want United to win every game, some are less important than others. Avoid unnecessary cards and please no injuries and see what pans out. No extra time in these fixtures, so that is one less worry... Without knowing the lineup it's hard to predict but I think we'll win relatively easily 3-1 with Sharp getting 2...

UTB

Loyse ☹

Looking forward to tonight's game and hopefully seeing Morrison Besic Bryan Jags Osborn and Mousett.

It’s an ideal opportunity to give all our new signings a run out, get some minutes into their legs.

Can't see Morrison getting a brace, shooting is the poorest part of his game.
Apparently Mousset can't hit his arse with a banjo so no goals there.
I'm going 6-0; 5 from Sharp who still won't get a game on Saturday and a 30 yard screamer from Jags.

We will lose, and play poorly.

The last cup tie we won as a top flight club was the 1993 FA Cup quarter final. We’ve lost 5 ties on the bounce since.

Wilder seems irritated by the existence of cup competitions.

Anyone know if the cup games are on the red button?

Some powerful thunderstorms forecast for this evening. Do they take the players off if there is a risk of lightning?
I'm sure the new floodlights can cope.....
I hope this game the blades can find their playing style heartbeat tonight, reay for chelski.

Is there still some ruling about not being able to play too many reserves in the cup?

Moore
Freeman
Jags
Stearman
Bryan
Osborn
Besic
Morrison
McGoldrick
Sharp
McBurnie

Subs,
Mousset
Freeman
Robinson
Basham
Norwood
Dewhirst

I expect Mousset to get half hour for McBurnie.
McG to play In the hope of him getting a goal to get him going...and Robinson to maybe get a run out against weaker opposition to get his confidence up. I reckon the back line will be as I’ve stated and will remain that way barring injury. Forwards need game time to get touch and form so reckon that where the changes will be

Back
Top Bottom