CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My Everton mates assessment:

He’s a **** I’ll drive him from Liverpool to Sheffield myself. Arrogant, clumsy and lightweight.

Seems harsh to me, let’s see what Hecky can do with him. Everton were garbage last season and I’m not sure my mate has a good word to say about any of them.

Im sure he has played on the left of a three could be wrong

He is an upgrade on Anel/Egan IMO
Why would Everton who are crap let a valued player go to a relegation rival he’s coming here because he ain’t good enough for one of our competitors

My Everton mates assessment:

He’s a **** I’ll drive him from Liverpool to Sheffield myself. Arrogant, clumsy and lightweight.

Seems harsh to me, let’s see what Hecky can do with him. Everton were garbage last season and I’m not sure my mate has a good word to say about any of them.
No matter who we signHeckiHecki in the past some fans will take umpage its the way it is ! Hecki has a very limited budget ! Holgate maybe comes within that budget .
I like every fan don't always rate a signing! Just give them the chance to impress.
He's obviously impressed Hecki in the past

Why would Everton who are crap let a valued player go to a relegation rival he’s coming here because he ain’t good enough for one of our competitors
Because they now play with 2 Centre backs and need to get rid of players bad they have FFP problems

I don't think they see them self as a relegation rival

He may not have got in the Everton line up much last year but has shown to be good enough to play for a mid table Prem team

Anel/Egan haven't played as much as holgate in the prem

Anel might be better but he could also become a massive liability IMO he is unproven in the Prem 🤷‍♂️

Opinions! I'll take Heckis opinion against your friends on a player anytime

a) Friend's opinion is his, not mine, but I tend to trust his opinion on anything Everton related

b) If Hecky as more input on player recruitment than someone asking him "we've lined up players x and y for this position, any major preference either way", that would be much, MUCH more of a concern to me than the strengths or negatives of any particular player we might seek to bring in. That said, it would also explain the asinine decision to give Fleck an extension, as we already know from his team selections last season that he has a two-sigma elevated opinion on what Fleck can do compared to other players already in the squad

Looks more and more likely that it's a pretty much done deal as a loan with obligation to buy upon staying up.

Fwiw I would definitely take him

I don't know any Everton ST holders. He wouldn't be a massive upgrade and that position is the least of our worries this season presuming RND can get back to full fitness.

Genuinely missing Ricky's input on transfer targets this summer.

Isn't the reason the transfer budget is only £20M is so we can use a chunk of PL income to increase our wage offer??
Maybe but 80k a week for someone that barely plays. The game has just gone insane. I hope the reason we are after a loan as so Everton pay most of his wage for us😄

Not saying I don't think he's a decent player but if we're willing to pay Holgate 70k-80k a week we need to ring Ndiaye and give him any amount he wants. 500k a week, cos that for Holgate is madness.

Back
Top Bottom