Player Suggestion Lucas Joao

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wonder if Wednesday's embargo got lifted after cancelling some of the players contracts by mutual consent?

I wonder if Wednesday's embargo got lifted after cancelling some of the players contracts by mutual consent?

Very unlikely. Who in their right mind would agree to waive the remainder of their contract at the Massive considering the extortionate sums they pay? None of them would have a prayer of commanding anything like what they currently earn elsewhere.

Those who appear to be frozen out, with Westwood being the most high profile, will I'm sure be advised to sit tight until they're either transferred (if Weds can find any takers) or paid up.

I still can't see this. Will the player even want the move?

I think he's the type of player we need in all honesty. Whenever I've seen him, he's looked big, strong and with a good turn of pace. Wilder saw that first hand when he scored against us at the Sty and looked a cracking player.

Problem is, he's a mardy arse (which is the antithesis of a Wilder player), undoubtedly on big wages and at a club that will do their level best not to sell a popular player to us. I think it's a non-starter, but I would like to be surprised.

I think he's the type of player we need in all honesty. Whenever I've seen him, he's looked big, strong and with a good turn of pace. Wilder saw that first hand when he scored against us at the Sty and looked a cracking player.

Problem is, he's a mardy arse (which is the antithesis of a Wilder player), undoubtedly on big wages and at a club that will do their level best not to sell a popular player to us. I think it's a non-starter, but I would like to be surprised.

If Clarke can be changed I don’t see why Joao can’t be worked with

Joao would fit the bill in the sense he would bring pace and strength, when we need both but presumably will only bring one striker in at best.

Concerned about his reputation for a bad attitude though.

Very unlikely. Who in their right mind would agree to waive the remainder of their contract at the Massive considering the extortionate sums they pay? None of them would have a prayer of commanding anything like what they currently earn elsewhere.

Those who appear to be frozen out, with Westwood being the most high profile, will I'm sure be advised to sit tight until they're either transferred (if Weds can find any takers) or paid up.
Ok, why do you think Wendy have had their embargo lifted?

Latest post from silentjourneyhome on BM:

"Joao not in Wednesday squad again today. I understand our offer has gone in but seems their decision is conditional on whether they can get someone in now embargo lifted."

"Joao not in Wednesday squad again today. I understand our offer has gone in but seems their decision is conditional on whether they can get someone in now embargo lifted."
Don’t see why they need someone in.

Not up front anyway.

Forestieri, Nuhiu starting today. Matias behind, who can also play up top. Reach and Boyd can also play in behind. Then you have Fletcher on the bench, Hooper back in training and Winnall probably 2 months away.

So about nine for three positions or if you look at strikers only, 7 for 2 positions with Joao. They even have a young lad called Borukov that is 8th choice or so in the current pecking order.

You’d think offloading one striker and improving a poor defence would be common sense.

Interesting but just don't see it

Happy to be wrong tho :)

The only reason I can see the umbongo being lifted is if Pigs went to EFL with a list of outward deals that will be completed before the window closed.....if this was ratified by the buying clubs then it could be a guarantee that everything would stack up....

I could also be entirely wrong of course!

And I thought it was only the massives that were deluded

There is a bit of a rumour that FF is on his way on Porktalk, apparently it was his last game, he also looked disinterested today.
Not sure how true this would be, can't be many Championship clubs who could afford him.
But could be a reason the embargo was lifted.

There is a bit of a rumour that FF is on his way on Porktalk, apparently it was his last game, he also looked disinterested today.
Not sure how true this would be, can't be many Championship clubs who could afford him.
Leeds would be a fit.

Happy to stand corrected - but There is literally no chance of this happening I’m afraid.

15 goals in 86 appearances for the pork. Is this really where some are setting their sights?

If he hadn’t scored against us nobody would be remotely considering him.

15 goals in 86 appearances for the pork. Is this really where some are setting their sights?

How many of those were starts though? If he stretch defences and put them on a plate for Billy I will take that strike rate. I feel he will get as many assists as goals.

Or abroad?

Brooksies stats were pretty rubbish on paper, they don't always tell the full story.

About the same as Sam bloody Gallagher. I reckon they'd give us something different, but I'm far from convinced.

Back
Top Bottom