Player Suggestion Lucas Joao

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

St Annington

Reaction score
Wendy are willing to let him leave, initially on loan.

If you can see past the fact of who his current employers are, he could be a good signing.

23 years old
6' 3''
Pace
Power
30 goals/133 career appearances (1 in 4)
Portuguese international call ups
Presumably lives in Sheffield area and speaks (some) English

Not seen him play personally but seems to be highly rated.

Worth a punt?

CD
Wendy are willing to let him leave, initially on loan.

If you can see past the fact of who his current employers are, he could be a good signing.

23 years old
6' 3''
Pace
Power
30 goals/133 career appearances (1 in 4)
Portuguese international call ups
Presumably lives in Sheffield area and speaks (some) English

Not seen him play personally but seems to be highly rated.

Worth a punt?
Was thinking same myself when saw he was available not sure grunters would loan him to us though

It's one thing to sell their 6th choice striker to us when we're a division below.

Can't see 'em loaning us diddly squit whilst we're in the same one.

Why in gods name do we want their rejects, especially when their first choice players either cannot or will not take penalties, how bad must the others be

Why in gods name do we want their rejects, especially when their first choice players either cannot or will not take penalties, how bad must the others be

Would be bloody funny to sign him permanently, because he isn't good enough for them, then watch him score 25 goals for us just to highlight how poor the football at Swillsborough really is.

Would be bloody funny to sign him permanently, because he isn't good enough for them, then watch him score 25 goals for us just to highlight how poor the football at Swillsborough really is.

Exactly what I was thinking, could be the new Brian Deane

It won't happen... but as said earlier on paper he's kinda exactly what I want to see us bring in...

...and being sixth choice over there doesn't really mean owt. They've got themselves in all kinds of mess with what they're paying their forwards. (I say mess, they've still got a lot of quality).

Winall keeps getting dropped as he's the easiest to drop. I'm pretty sure there is a massive amount of pressure on
Sleepy McSleeperson to field all their £40,000 a week players... no matter if they've got better in the squad. It's the reason Pig Jnr will leave... anywhere else he'd have started by now.

Interesting prospect and I'd like someone like him in our squad but I don't think he's got enough goals in him. Although that could easily change - it only takes one good season.

Don't think they'd really be confident enough to loan him to us anyway.

A player I rate personally and was a hot prospect a couple of years ago. Don't understand why he doesn't get a look in at the Sty, but as stated above Carlos probably has to pick the other 5 strikers ahead of him due to their 'massive' wages.

His two goals in the clip above show what he is capable of, but I'd image he'll get loaned out aboard somewhere.

Interesting prospect and I'd like someone like him in our squad but I don't think he's got enough goals in him. Although that could easily change - it only takes one good season.

Don't think they'd really be confident enough to loan him to us anyway.

I've only seen him play once, in a friendly against Benfica (sat in the Benfica end obviously!). Only a friendly I know, but he looked quick and powerful, giving pretty much Benfica's regular back four a decent test. On that basis, it'd be a yes from me.

A player I rate personally and was a hot prospect a couple of years ago. Don't understand why he doesn't get a look in at the Sty, but as stated above Carlos probably has to pick the other 5 strikers ahead of him due to their 'massive' wages.

His two goals in the clip above show what he is capable of, but I'd image he'll get loaned out aboard somewhere.

Back to Portugal would be my bet, he'd easily do fine in that league.

Young, quick, tricky and tall. Plenty to like about the kid (apart from his current employers). I'd like us to sign him permanently rather than a loan though. He's at optimum age to suddenly kick on (think JOC, Fleck etc.) if he has regular games and offers something different to what we have.

Not sure if this thread is serious or not? Really? You actually spent time putting this down as a potential incoming???

It's a big yes from me. Pace and a trick or 2. On loan for 3 months what's the risk? Did ok for Blackburn tail end of last season. Have a look see if he cuts it! Do they want Brayford in part ex?

Not sure if this thread is serious or not? Really? You actually spent time putting this down as a potential incoming???

Aside from his parent club, what is so ludicrous about this "Player Suggestion" (Not "Incoming")?

Couldn't get a shirt at Blackburn! If Blackburn tried to sign him now, the fee would be £500,000. If we came in, the fee would be £3,5m

Saw him at Hillsborough a few seasons ago. His biggest issue is that is first touch is consistently poor. He was always knocking the ball a yard away from him when receiveing the ball. Looked like bamby on ice when in possession as well.

Not for me ta

Message to Mr Joao:

Keep dragging the wages down at the sty. If that helps to bleed them dry then it's all good

We've got their cast offs all ready and Clarke and Lavery can't score for toffee, why would this guy be any different!?
We should learn a lesson here and try bringing in a better quality forward, it's just a case of who and at what price!!??
I'd rather be looking for a young prem fringe player that's hungry and want to prove something to his employers and make his mark!

Doubt we'd be able to afford him anyway, whatever his general transfer fee would command I think Wilder would be of the opinion that he's not worth that much and I'd agree with that. Add to the fact that they're our closest rivals I'm sure they'd significantly inflate their asking price.

Then there's his wages, he's probably on 15k - 20k a week and that's probably at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom