Player Suggestion Lucas Joao

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t see why the embargo would be lifted.

It’s been in place since April and since then what have they done to alleviate the problem?

Sold Hunt for 1.6m and loaned out Rhodes. Got nothing or near to for Hurst.

In contrast how can they seriously keep all their strikers?

First game it was Forestieri and Nihiu, ladt night it was Fletcher and Matias. Hooper is back in training and Winnall will be in a couple of months.

None of these are young lads. They are all genuine first team senior pros.

They may have a preference in the irder they offload, but you only become a seller if you have a buyer.

Forestieri might be out of the hands of other Championship clubs so unless an Italian club comes in, he’s not going plus he has thst potential Mansfield thing on him.

The Greek team couldn’t match Fletcher’s wages and us linked to Joao is the only rumour around.

Maybe I don’t understand their finances enough but I don’t see how morale wise or financially there is sense in paying 7 senior strikers when maximum 5 are in the squad and Forestieri will always play when fit, at least until January.

They’re not going to sell him to us no matter what happens regardless of FFP , they would rather go in to administration than to sell to us

I think that Wendy are edging their bets a little this season and seeing if they are around the top 6 in January. If they are then I think they will see the gamble through I.e. keep the players who are out of contract next summer until then in the desperate hope that they somehow get promoted. If they somehow manage it then all is well in the land of the pig.

However, if they fail to get promoted then they are right totally shafted as they won't be able to offer contracts to the likes of Bannan and Joao and four or 5 of their first teamers who will be out of contract. If they are doing nothing in January (and let's hope that they are rock bottom) then they will pull the plug early and start to try to instigate a fire sale with their soon to be out of contract assets to try and get something back for them, if not anything like the fees they could have expected if these players had still been in contract for a longer period.

In short, it's shit or bust time for the Pigs.

I just hope it all goes right royally tits up for those eternally spozzy twats who are gambling in last chance saloon.

In fact, I would settle for mid table mediocrity for both Sheffield clubs this season (prefer us to go up though or challenge obviously) as long as it meant that they didn't go up. Then when we can push on next season, we can watch with eager anticipation and fun as they swirl around the pan and then disappear down the shitter never to resurface.

P.s. I hope Utd have a think about going in for Joao in January if the Wendies are flapping and clearly not going to challenge for promotion. Then he will only have 6 months on his contract and they will be trying to offload for owt. A bit like the veg man in the market who lowers his prices for the remaining stock at lunch time as he wants to fuk off to the boozer for the rest of the day and he doesn't want to be selling brown veg tomorrow. We could get Joao for a pittance in January. Maybe even take Bannon off their hands for a couple of of hundred grand too, so that we can put him with our reserves...and really take the piss.

Last edited:
I watched the kids lollipop man, kick a bottle from the middle of the road, straight into a bin on the opposite pavement!, it was a fantastic shot, whether he meant it or not.
Should we give him a chance??
Granted, his own combined age is around 60, but, there's alot of other bollocks on here, so why not!?

I watched the kids lollipop man, kick a bottle from the middle of the road, straight into a bin on the opposite pavement!, it was a fantastic shot, whether he meant it or not.
Should we give him a chance??
Granted, his own combined age is around 60, but, there's alot of other bollocks on here, so why not!?

Wages, pal.

P.s. I hope Utd have a think about going in for Joao in January if the Wendies are flapping and clearly not going to challenge for promotion. Then he will only have 6 months on his contract and they will be trying to offload for owt. A bit like the veg man in the market who lowers his prices for the remaining stock at lunch time as he wants to fuk off to the boozer for the rest of the day and he doesn't want to be selling brown veg tomorrow. We could get Joao for a pittance in January.

Isn't the ruling that with 6 months left on the contract the player can go where the hell he likes and can sign a pre-contract agreement to join them in the summer for free. This is where the selling club panics and sells them for next to nowt in January rather than nowt the following summer. Happened to us with Brown. The point being the pigs will have no say in who he goes to.

Isn't the ruling that with 6 months left on the contract the player can go where the hell he likes and can sign a pre-contract agreement to join them in the summer for free. This is where the selling club panics and sells them for next to nowt in January rather than nowt the following summer. Happened to us with Brown. The point being the pigs will have no say in who he goes to.

Joao will only be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club.

I think it's quite likely a Portuguese club will sign him on that basis.

So now could be our best chance to get him.

Yes your right in that come January the players and their agents can start touting for interest elsewhere if they fancy a move away, and if Wendy aren't doing anything the players out of contract will surely want to leave the sinking HMS Piss the League.

Come January the rats will be trying to get themselves fixed up and they then have the choice in trying to go in January if a buying club agrees to pay a fee to 'buy out' the last six month's contract and almost jump the gun in any potential race to get that player to sign (in which case Wendy do have a say in the matter) OR the player decides to sit tight until next summer when their contract ends and they will then potentially pocket any 'transfer monies' saved by the buying club, probably in the form of a signing on fee / bigger wages (in this scenario Wendy can't do a thing if the player decides to run his contract down).

The player will probably want to ensure he doesn't get injured as well if he stays to the end of his contract and will probably play like a southern French nancy (bit like Brown did with us).

I'd like to see Utd try and nip in in January for Joao if Wendy are going nowhere, and try and jump the gun on any potential rivals to his signature. We might be able to get him for £500k or less at that stage, and be in a position to be able to give him better wages as we will have paid less of a transfer fee up front.

Last edited:
Yes your right in that come January the players and their agents can start touting for interest elsewhere if they fancy a move away, and if Wendy aren't doing anything the players out of contract will surely want to leave the sinking HMS Piss the League.

Come January the rats will be trying to get themselves fixed up and they then have the choice in trying to go in January if a buying club agrees to pay a fee to 'buy out' the last six month's contract and almost jump the gun in any potential race to get that player to sign (in which case Wendy have a say in the matter) or the player decides to sit tight until next summer when their contract ends and they pocket any transfer fee saved from the buying club probably in a signing on fee and bigger wages (in this scenario Wendy can't do a thing if the player decides to run his contract down).

The player will probably want to ensure he doesn't get injured as well and play like a southern French Nancy (bit like Brown did with us).

I'd like to see Utd try and nip in in January for Joao if Wendy are going nowhere, and try and jump the gun on any potential rivals to his signature. We might be able to get him for £500k at that stage and give him better wages as we have paid less of a transfer fee up front.

Sorted then. We pick him up for £500k in January, pay him his £30k pw on a 3 year deal and he ends up costing half of what Waghorn would have done in total.

Sorted then. We pick him up for £500k in January, pay him his £30k pw on a 3 year deal and he ends up costing half of what Waghorn would have done in total.

I like the idea....but I'm not sure he's worth £30k a week. Probably give him a one off lump sum up front as a signing on fee to help grease the wheels, that way the other players can't moan that he's on a mega bucks weekly wage compared to them.

Don’t get it. Struggles to get in the pigs’ first team and has a piss poor goal to game ratio. The type of player the term ‘flatters to deceives’ was coined for.

Can understand why you say that, and his overall goal/game ratio is quite poor.

However, I will have a go at defending him: his stats last year were 9 goals in 30 league games (with some of those appearances coming as a sub) which I would say is respectable.

He's also the perfect age, at 24 and has the added bonus of living locally so you would hope the time he takes to "bed in" would be minimal.

Not saying he'd be a great signing, though I personally prefer him to Sam Gallagher or Scott Hogan, all things considered.

I'd be very interested then if you or anybody else could show me an example of a player signing a pre-contract agreement in January with another English club.

It doesn't usually get that far as the player is sold to recuperate something rather than nothing (Brown). The other side of the coin is where the club digs it's heels in and keeps the player only for him to leave on a free to his preferred destination anyway (Sol Campbell). That's why the player holds all the cards. There probably are examples but I couldn't be arsed doing the research.

Can understand why you say that, and his overall goal/game ratio is quite poor.

However, I will have a go at defending him: his stats last year were 9 goals in 30 league games (with some of those appearances coming as a sub) which I would say is respectable.

He's also the perfect age, at 24 and has the added bonus of living locally so you would hope the time he takes to "bed in" would be minimal.

Not saying he'd be a great signing, though I personally prefer him to Sam Gallagher or Scott Hogan, all things considered.
Can't we end this thread to going no where like the pig player ,no way will he come here ,he might get a move but there's no chance we will sign him,end of

Can't we end this thread to going no where like the pig player ,no way will he come here ,he might get a move but there's no chance we will sign him,end of

What makes you say that with so much confidence?

If he didn't play for Wednesday we wouldn't be bothering to talk about him

IF United are interested in him, I would like like to think that CW and his management look at players and target them on the basis that they rate the player and not just cos he plays for Wendy.

The fact that he plays for Wendy is neither here nor there for me. It's more that he is a good player. It's easier for us to be aware of him and see that he's a good player as he is more visible to us as he plays for them as we naturally take a keener interest in our rivals. I agree that if he played for a Portuguese team we might not know know about him...but he doesn't. He plays on our doorstep.

If he's a good player (and he is, let's call it right) and we can get him for a bargain price (good chance that we can) then why not? The fact that it will also piss off the Wendies is just a big bonus.

He's under contract so they are in control there fans would go ape shit if he joined us.He's a good player and out of our range anyway (£) forget him !!.

Their buisness isn't controlled by the fans, it's controlled by the club; if it's in their best interests to sell him, they will.

And without knowing Joao's wages, value or our budget, I'm not sure how you've determined he's "out of our range"? Guesswork?
We've also been heavily linked with Hogan - I would guess he's on more money than Joao.

If he didn't play for Wednesday we wouldn't be bothering to talk about him
Don't think any serious club or manager would let partisan differences influence the decision to buy a player. Look at the good players we've taken from them in the past (and one obvious disaster).
That said, from the transcripts of the pig fan meeting it sounds like their dolphin loving owners could be influenced by fans.

Back
Top Bottom