Player Suggestion Lucas Joao

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some really good stats and points you raise BB.

Wrt his personality, whether or not they're a true reflection of his character I don't know but the two instances that stand out for me are when he got roughed up in a televised game (was it against Rotherham??), clearly didn't fancy it and ended up being sub'd (admittedly with a tooth missing) and last week when he trained all week but declared himself unfit to play on the Fri before the Hull game. Neither don't exactly typify the sort that CW tends to go for

Although I can kinda understand him not wanting to play if he’s a move in the pipeline (hopefully)

Although I can kinda understand him not wanting to play if he’s a move in the pipeline (hopefully)

Occurs a lot more these days but an employee should carry out the duties specified in their contract of employment until it ends. What would your employer do if you refused to work - disciplinary hearing, warning, dismissal, withholding of pay? The difference for footballers is that they're well aware they are assets of value and fully use this lever to get what they want, even more so when advised by professional agents who have excellent knowledge of contract and employment law as well as commercial nous.

Can't believe this thread is still running
where's the link to him at all.
Although a good player not the Wilder type of player ,keep it going might reach a record for a non signing

Haven't checked the board since Thursday and this thread has kept up momentum. So is there any actual serious link beyond the rumour from about a month ago that Wilder enquired about him?

Some really good stats and points you raise BB.

Wrt his personality, whether or not they're a true reflection of his character I don't know but the two instances that stand out for me are when he got roughed up in a televised game (was it against Rotherham??), clearly didn't fancy it and ended up being sub'd (admittedly with a tooth missing) and last week when he trained all week but declared himself unfit to play on the Fri before the Hull game. Neither don't exactly typify the sort that CW tends to go for

Not according to what CW said after the Hull game re the virus ;)

Can't believe this thread is still running
where's the link to him at all.
Although a good player not the Wilder type of player ,keep it going might reach a record for a non signing

Why bother having a rumour thread if we can't get this outlandish?

No real rumours under Wilders watch, it's tighter than a duck arse with regard to transfer information. This section of the forum allows wanna be 15 minutes of fame nobs like sunji et al to try and convince the few vulnerable to praise them.

Advice, keep it to yersen if you don't want us to get upset, angry, offensive when you are not 100% reyt.

Star reckons pigs are sorting out new contracts for Bannan, Joao and Hooper

I thought Hooper was already contracted to the Northern General.

Good to see they are still not learning.

Bannon, fine. Joao, possibly. But Hooper?

Over 30? - check
Injury prone? - check
High wages? - check
Limited urgency to renew? - check
Limited resale value anyway due to the above? - check

Still not learnt any lessons? - check

I thought Hooper was already contracted to the Northern General.

Good to see they are still not learning.

Bannon, fine. Joao, possibly. But Hooper?

Over 30? - check
Injury prone? - check
High wages? - check
Limited urgency to renew? - check
Limited resale value anyway due to the above? - check

Still not learnt any lessons? - check

Not interested in Hooper

Posted due to the rumoured interest in Joao

He's the only player that interests me from the pigs

Bannan's ok but we have Fleck. The rest............................meh

Not interested in Hooper

Posted due to the rumoured interest in Joao

He's the only player that interests me from the pigs

Bannan's ok but we have Fleck. The rest............................meh
I was referencing who it made sense to renew the contract of, for them.

Not much interest in any of theirs to be honest. Maybe Joao.

If they now have room for manoeuvre, it makes far more sense for them to tie down assets like Joao to new contracts than bring in a few loanees.

It would be a safeguarding exercise.

But I can't see why Joao would want to sign a new deal.

Clarke vs Joao comparison 2017/18:

Total games/Goals:
  • Clarke 39/19 - 0,49 goal per game
  • Joao 30/9 - 0,3 goal per game

Started games/Goals:
  • Clarke 38/19 - 0,5 goal per game
  • Joao 17/9 - 0,53 goal per game

Played minutes per goal:
  • Clarke 3332/19 - 175 min/goal
  • Joao 1675/9 - 186 min/goal

Obviously Clarke scored more goals, but he also had more playing time. Joao could argue that his starts to goals ratio was actually better. A younger, bigger, faster version of Clarke (with a goal record that's not too dissimilar if you assume he can keep his numbers up with more playing time, and in our team) sounds tempting to me, but I've not really seen enough of him to judge, and can't assess his personality, etc, which Wilder has said is important when it comes to signings.
Clarke vs Joao comparison 2017/18:

Total games/Goals:
  • Clarke 39/19 - 0,49 goal per game
  • Joao 30/9 - 0,3 goal per game

Started games/Goals:
  • Clarke 38/19 - 0,5 goal per game
  • Joao 17/9 - 0,53 goal per game

Played minutes per goal:
  • Clarke 3332/19 - 175 min/goal
  • Joao 1675/9 - 186 min/goal

Obviously Clarke scored more goals, but he also had more playing time. Joao could argue that his starts to goals ratio was actually better. A younger, bigger, faster version of Clarke (with a goal record that's not too dissimilar if you assume he can keep his numbers up with more playing time, and in our team) sounds tempting to me, but I've not really seen enough of him to judge, and can't assess his personality, etc, which Wilder has said is important when it comes to signings.
Good analysis Bergen, However, its' over a very short period and compared to a player that we are looking to upgrade.

I might well be wrong, but I maintain that if he hadn't scored that impressive goal against us, he would not be on anyone's radar, and there'd be uproar about signing someone with his career statistics.

Haven't checked the board since Thursday and this thread has kept up momentum. So is there any actual serious link beyond the rumour from about a month ago that Wilder enquired about him?

Wilder enquire about him when the Winnall rumour was doing the rounds. It was Joao not Winnall we enquired after.No idea if we've reignited our interest.

Wednesday deserve to be up shit creak if there not willing to sell one of there 6 strikers , would take either winnal or joao I’d say there both similarish to bill and Leon but younger and faster imo

Both would be cracking signings and would piss the oinkers off

Silly move from him unless he's going to be first choice.

Twirlo said yesterday we hadn't even enquired about him

I never thought him as a realistic target coming from Wendy

However, he's the one player that interests me from the pigs, so shame, but we move on

Maybe the lifting of the embargo only allows them to extend contracts of existing players and enter into a loan move or two.

Well what a surprise, Juanpi the 2nd did not materialise

Couldn't give a toss about him personally.

He's very hit and miss, and will be on a very nice contract. Leave him where he is, bleeding them dry.

And let's call it right. If he's signed a new contract at SWFC, it says 3 things about him.

1) he's not overly ambitious with his career.
2) he likes getting paid a handsome wage for little return.
3) he's a dumb c*nt.

Could this one be a goer in January? Seems to be the only one really doing it for them up top. Forestieri our for a few months (again), Hooper injured (still), so Joao has pressure on him but is managing well enough. Would add something different to our front line. If they do need to off-load in January (we all know they do), a few cheeky bids to unsettle him, and them, might force their hand a bit. Maybe even for less than market value.

I’d certainly take him.

Could this one be a goer in January? Seems to be the only one really doing it for them up top. Forestieri our for a few months (again), Hooper injured (still), so Joao has pressure on him but is managing well enough. Would add something different to our front line. If they do need to off-load in January (we all know they do), a few cheeky bids to unsettle him, and them, might force their hand a bit. Maybe even for less than market value.

I’d certainly take him.

I think we can forget that one.
No way would they sell him to us unless we bid really silly money, which i think deep down every Blade knows we don't have.
Porktalk would combust, him and Reach are about the only two players that don't get slagged off. Chancer would never be that stupid.
And that's before we get to his wages.

I think we can forget that one.
No way would they sell him to us unless we bid really silly money, which i think deep down every Blade knows we don't have.
Porktalk would combust, him and Reach are about the only two players that don't get slagged off. Chancer would never be that stupid.
And that's before we get to his wages.

It's a pity, but it's the wages that would kill it.

Back
Top Bottom