Player Suggestion Left Midfield - Options?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BrisBlade

Stop... Hamer time!
Reaction score
Along with LCB and LWB (where there are great summary threads already), left midfield is the area that concerns me most. So here's some options for under 25y/o, left footed midfielders I can think of who may work for us without going too far into winger territory. Feel free to add more...

Lewis O'Brien from Forest - Initially sounded promising but gone very quiet.

Alexander Prass - 22y/o highly rated Austrian international (just the one cap) playing at Sturm Graz. Offers a good attacking threat running with the ball.

Charlie Patino from Arsenal - A good thread on him already. 19y/o and seems hungry to play. It would be a yes from me if we can get him.

Maurits Kjaergaard - 20y/o highly rated Dane playing at Salzburg. May be out of our range price wise, but looks good.

Ladislav Krejci - 24y/o captain of Sparta Prague and Czech international. I've put a post about him before. Think he'd fit right in, but certainly a defensive option. Him and Souza would be a veritable brick wall in front of defense and let Berge roam free. Also good cover at LCB/CB. Would be my top pick, but haven't heard a peep about any interest.

I'd love O'Brien but I'm struggling to see Forest do any kind of deal that we'd be willing for

I'd love O'Brien but I'm struggling to see Forest do any kind of deal that we'd be willing for

Why though?

He’s surplus to requirements - they treated him abysmally and had to send him to the backwaters of MLS. Any leverage they had over negotiations goes out the window after that. Offer 1/2 of what they paid for him and move on if they don’t accept - let them pay massive wages to someone not even in their squad.

Why though?

He’s surplus to requirements - they treated him abysmally and had to send him to the backwaters of MLS. Any leverage they had over negotiations goes out the window after that. Offer 1/2 of what they paid for him and move on if they don’t accept - let them pay massive wages to someone not even in their squad.
I just don't think they'll want him to come here to help us out for a couple of reasons unless we're willing to pay over the odds.

Like you say they've messed him around already snd I'm sure he'll want a move away. Whether the US is his bag I don't know.

Whether FFP influences this but I'd be happy if we can do a reasonable deal here.

I just don't think they'll want him to come here to help us out for a couple of reasons unless we're willing to pay over the odds.

Like you say they've messed him around already snd I'm sure he'll want a move away. Whether the US is his bag I don't know.

Whether FFP influences this but I'd be happy if we can do a reasonable deal here.
no me neither and thats the problem isnt it although with us looking like were gonna sign souza for the doyle role we do still need a left sided midfielder so maybe we will go all out to broker some sort of deal with forest cant see em loaning him to us but might just take a cash offer of say 8m

no me neither and thats the problem isnt it although with us looking like were gonna sign souza for the doyle role we do still need a left sided midfielder so maybe we will go all out to broker some sort of deal with forest cant see em loaning him to us but might just take a cash offer of say 8m
I think they paid £7m? That's off the back of him being a top performer in the championship the season before. He's got 2 or 3 years left on his contract, depending on what he signed when he went to forest. He's been left out of their squad, gone to MLS. Realistically, they would be lucky to get what they paid for him at this point, go in with £5m, rising to 7 if we stay up. They get there money back and wages off their books for a player they clearly don't want. If not, walk away, he will kick up a fuss and they will come back to us towards the end of the window.

I think they paid £7m? That's off the back of him being a top performer in the championship the season before. He's got 2 or 3 years left on his contract, depending on what he signed when he went to forest. He's been left out of their squad, gone to MLS. Realistically, they would be lucky to get what they paid for him at this point, go in with £5m, rising to 7 if we stay up. They get there money back and wages off their books for a player they clearly don't want. If not, walk away, he will kick up a fuss and they will come back to us towards the end of the window.
well posted same on obrien thread on here a while ago 5m with increases if we stay up but just cant see forest helping us with any deal unless of course their desperate to get him off the books

well posted same on obrien thread on here a while ago 5m with increases if we stay up but just cant see forest helping us with any deal unless of course their desperate to get him off the books
If they send him to us they will probably infect him with an undetectable strain of bubonic plague which will put the Shirecliffe Sniper out of a job

Osborn is our only senior Lfooted (apology for a) midfielder - I would rather we played a youngster - which of our tall athletic creative midfield kids is Lfooted ?
Serious question.

Why though?

Remember they are still trying to move on Arter and Shelvey

Back
Top Bottom