Player Suggestion Lucas Joao

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brooksies stats were pretty rubbish on paper, they don't always tell the full story.
Brooks wasn’t a striker, for a start. Stats are harder to judge by elsewhere. For a striker, goals alone are 3/4’s of the debate.

There are no legendary strikers who “ran their socks off”, or setup loads of goals for others.

And quite simply, we need goals, not service.

15 goals in 86 appearances for the pork. Is this really where some are setting their sights?

If he hadn’t scored against us nobody would be remotely considering him.
S6 is a black hole for careers right now to be fair. Hoopers stats will be shit as well and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

S6 is a black hole for careers right now to be fair. Hoopers stats will be shit as well and I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Hooper had already proved he could do it elswhere.

Joao has been shit, period. Do we really want to be the ones to guess that everyone else was wrong?

Joao has been shit, period. Do we really want to be the ones to guess that everyone else was wrong?
I remember fans telling me Fleck was shit too, the pigs even 'warned' us Leon was.
It seems Wilder sees something, and to be fair, who else is there (if Tammy Abraham is being allowed to leave)?

I remember fans telling me Fleck was shit too, the pigs even 'warned' us Leon was.
It seems Wilder sees something, and to be fair, who else is there (if Tammy Abraham is being allowed to leave)?
Leon Clarke - scored lots of goals previously, Joao hasn't.

Fleck was signed in the third division.

We are hoping to sign a striker better than the two who have a far, far superior record than Joao.

Hoping that he's good just because Wednesday being shit makes him look shit sounds as desperate as it gets. Why not save the money and wait for something actually better than what we've got?

Not all about stats though. Watching a player and seeing he has attributes that would conplicomp what we have is a big part of what recruitment is about. A striker with a bit if height, strength and pace who is young enough to improve is a good way to go for a club in our oosiposi given that we can't afford to just go and take the proven best strikers the keagle gas to offer.

conplicomp

I have to congratulate you on that absolute grammatical abomination of a post, and this is the highlight. Fantastic word. Get it in the dictionary.

I agree with what you say. When you haven't got a big budget you have to be more thoughtful and considerate. Look beyond the obvious for a player's potential contribution in your team. Look at the reasons a striker might not have scored consistently. In Joao's case, it's the team he was playing in and the fact he was in and out all the time and never a regular, in a squad of many expensive strikers. He's shown enough in flashes to suggest he can be a big player at this level, and he's still young enough to develop naturally. His raw attributes are clear to see.

I'd be interested to know who anyone opposed to this signing would prefer us to go for?

I have to congratulate you on that absolute grammatical abomination of a post, and this is the highlight. Fantastic word. Get it in the dictionary.

I agree with what you say. When you haven't got a big budget you have to be more thoughtful and considerate. Look beyond the obvious for a player's potential contribution in your team. Look at the reasons a striker might not have scored consistently. In Joao's case, it's the team he was playing in and the fact he was in and out all the time and never a regular, in a squad of many expensive strikers. He's shown enough in flashes to suggest he can be a big player at this level, and he's still young enough to develop naturally. His raw attributes are clear to see.

I'd be interested to know who anyone opposed to this signing would prefer us to go for?

Haha. I really can't type on my phone

Love it !

Sorry Ricky, conplicomp comes a very poor second behind oosiposi.

You also both failed to comment on "keagle gas"

Love it !

Sorry Ricky, conplicomp comes a very poor second behind oosiposi.

I have to fiercely disagree with you there, although oosiposi is impressive, complicomp is far more viable and there's no denying that.

200w.gif

But aren't many posters on here demanding that we sign a proven striker? They cost a fortune. Signing players with potential is sensible, but we all need patience if that is what we do. You have to allow time for potential to develop.
Has Professor Stanley Unwin taken over this thread? (Youngsters, ask your dad or grandad)

His form is unconvincing I agree. But sometimes you see a player and think “ that lad’s got something” and I’ve thought that when I’ve seen Joao. There’s a footballer in there trying to get out. I reckon Wilder could unleash him, but it would have to be the right deal for us. He’s probably more keen to come here than what we are to have him here. That’s not a bad premise on which to start.

We are hoping to sign a striker better than the two who have a far, far superior record than Joao.

Hoping that he's good just because Wednesday being shit makes him look shit sounds as desperate as it gets. Why not save the money and wait for something actually better than what we've got?

To be fair Clarke's goals in the Championship was pretty poor up until last season.

Well he’s definitely going somewhere my £3.80 is on Blackburn.

That's a good shout if they don't get Brereton. Maybe even if they do.

He was on loan there in 2017, under Mowbray.

Not all about stats though. Watching a player and seeing he has attributes that would conplicomp what we have is a big part of what recruitment is about. A striker with a bit if height, strength and pace who is young enough to improve is a good way to go for a club in our oosiposi given that we can't afford to just go and take the proven best strikers the keagle gas to offer.
Welcome back after so long away, the incomparable Stanley Unwin!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DFFAB947045BB5B96D68DFFAB947045BB5B&FORM=VIRE

Equally look who his managers have been Carlos the Clown and Borat.

His form is unconvincing I agree. But sometimes you see a player and think “ that lad’s got something” and I’ve thought that when I’ve seen Joao. There’s a footballer in there trying to get out. I reckon Wilder could unleash him, but it would have to be the right deal for us. He’s probably more keen to come here than what we are to have him here. That’s not a bad premise on which to start.

He can’t be that shit anyway. Didn’t he get called up to the full Portugal squad whilst he was with the pigs? That’s no mean feat for someone who isn’t a regular starter at a second tier English team.

He can’t be that shit anyway. Didn’t he get called up to the full Portugal squad whilst he was with the pigs? That’s no mean feat for someone who isn’t a regular starter at a second tier English team.
Dunno tbh mate. All I know is that we’ve had some great strikers whose name ends in “o”. Like Laurent D’ Jaffo and Patrick Suffo and Petr Katchouro and Marcelo and Billy Deardeno.

So I just want another. I think it’s lucky!

Dunno tbh mate. All I know is that we’ve had some great strikers whose name ends in “o”. Like Laurent D’ Jaffo and Patrick Suffo and Petr Katchouro and Marcelo and Billy Deardeno.

So I just want another. I think it’s lucky!

How could you forget Paul Peshciscolido and of course Deano.

Also agree with your comment on Joao. He looks like he has something.
Clearly very talented, just needs a rocket up his arse and Wilder might be the man to get the best out of him.

Apparently speaks very little english... thought good communication was a key Wilder attribute?

Edit: looked at some videos on YouTube from about 2 years ago. Apparently he’s much better now so ignore me!

This basically Juanpi the 2nd. Is there actually even any legit sauce of this ?

Clarke vs Joao comparison 2017/18:

Total games/Goals:
  • Clarke 39/19 - 0,49 goal per game
  • Joao 30/9 - 0,3 goal per game

Started games/Goals:
  • Clarke 38/19 - 0,5 goal per game
  • Joao 17/9 - 0,53 goal per game

Played minutes per goal:
  • Clarke 3332/19 - 175 min/goal
  • Joao 1675/9 - 186 min/goal

Obviously Clarke scored more goals, but he also had more playing time. Joao could argue that his starts to goals ratio was actually better. A younger, bigger, faster version of Clarke (with a goal record that's not too dissimilar if you assume he can keep his numbers up with more playing time, and in our team) sounds tempting to me, but I've not really seen enough of him to judge, and can't assess his personality, etc, which Wilder has said is important when it comes to signings.

Clarke vs Joao comparison 2017/18:

Total games/Goals:
  • Clarke 39/19 - 0,49 goal per game
  • Joao 30/9 - 0,3 goal per game

Started games/Goals:
  • Clarke 38/19 - 0,5 goal per game
  • Joao 17/9 - 0,53 goal per game

Played minutes per goal:
  • Clarke 3332/19 - 175 min/goal
  • Joao 1675/9 - 186 min/goal

Obviously Clarke scored more goals, but he also had more playing time. Joao could argue that his starts to goals ratio was actually better. A younger, bigger, faster version of Clarke (with a goal record that's not too dissimilar if you assume he can keep his numbers up with more playing time, and in our team) sounds tempting to me, but I've not really seen enough of him to judge, and can't assess his personality, etc, which Wilder has said is important when it comes to signings.

Some really good stats and points you raise BB.

Wrt his personality, whether or not they're a true reflection of his character I don't know but the two instances that stand out for me are when he got roughed up in a televised game (was it against Rotherham??), clearly didn't fancy it and ended up being sub'd (admittedly with a tooth missing) and last week when he trained all week but declared himself unfit to play on the Fri before the Hull game. Neither don't exactly typify the sort that CW tends to go for

Back
Top Bottom