Looks like it's going to be....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why not wait to see him play before another assasination job on a player everyone has probably only seen a couple of times.
Sick to death of whinging Sheff Utd fans moaning and complaining and slagging the club off over every single thing we do. All we do is moan about the lack of new players and every time we get one we do nothing but moan, whine and slag them off.
Man up get behind the club and any new signings and see what happens.

apparantly he is their captain so it appears this is the 'leader' Adams is looking for

Well said sitwell!! Feed up of so called blades getting on the backs of the players! maybe if we showed them more encouragement they will start perform and getting those wins we really need!!!

Why not wait to see him play before another assasination job on a player everyone has probably only seen a couple of times.
Sick to death of whinging Sheff Utd fans moaning and complaining and slagging the club off over every single thing we do. All we do is moan about the lack of new players and every time we get one we do nothing but moan, whine and slag them off.

I agree, i won't slag him or any signing but i really believe it is another CB we still need the most. Hopefully we will get that as well and maybe after this weekends rest we will line up against Leicester something like this

.....................simmo.....................

Bartley.....Lowry.....new CB......Mattlock

Ward......Doyle......Williamson.....Yeates

............Evans.........Bent...................

Subs

Monty
Parrino
Quinn
Boggy
Cresswell
GK
Ertl

I can understand sometimes why it is open season on Monty however I am still pissed with Yeates after his no show after coming on the pitch on Saturday. Bottler and didn't fancy it yet people want him in the side. If Doyle is coming in that will give us a solid middle but we need to skill and speed on the left now (as well as a CB)

I agree with you, and i cant say ive seen him play too many times. However, i can only say that a good 80% of my mates are leeds fans and memory from last year was just them slagging him off every week and this was a team at the top end of league 1 (plus, you know what leeds fans are like about their players normally!). I appreciate that i have no first hand experience of seeing him play, but its rather difficult to get excited from what i heard last season.

Well done Sitwell! I think the negative fans are in the minority when it comes to new signings, Bent got some stick on here last week, but on saturday he was applauded by the majority both before and following his solid performance

I imagine that any player that signs will get a decent reception when they arrive, but its then up to them to prove their worth in the red and white.

dont know if this has already been said but it looks like hes coming on a free too

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...le-switch-to-sheffield-united-92746-28048368/

for those who carnt open the link

COVENTRY City midfielder Michael Doyle was expected to complete his free transfer to Championship strugglers Sheffield United today.The Sky Blues ballwinner was at Bramall Lane yesterday where he underwent a routine medical and discussed the finer details of a contract with the Blades.

No fee is involved in the deal and the Irishman’s move to join his and Coventry City’s former manager Micky Adams was set to be confirmed today, paving the way for the 29-year-old to make his debut for his new club at home to Leicester City next Tuesday night.The length of contract is understood to have been the main thing under discussion yesterday but that was not expected to be a stumbling block for the player who spoke in glowing terms about his ex-boss in the run up to City’s recent goalless draw with United at the Ricoh Arena.

He told the Telegraph prior to the match: “It was brilliant under Micky who was a great manager to work for. "I really enjoyed working under him. He has got a lot of character and that is what he is all about.”Doyle, one of City’s highest earners, is no stranger to a relegation battle and was part of Adams’ side that successfully avoided the drop in 2005.

I'll be honest, he's never been someone I've noticed, but it's a bit much for some to be slating the poor lad before he's even pulled on a Blades jersey. Mind you, if you look at any club's forum then it's the same, you'll always get some who think they know more than the manager.

I also wonder what people expect regards signings. We're in a relegation battle - sad but true - so you're not going to get that many players knocking down our door for a contract that might just be played out in Division 3.

but it's a bit much for some to be slating the poor lad before he's even pulled on a Blades jersey.

But who has been "slating" him? There are a few people who have expressed doubts about the transfer on the basis that he is too much like Monty (i.e. ballwinner type).
No-one has expressed the opinion that he's a wanker or anything like. It seems it's the usual suspects slagging other Blades off for daring to have an opinion rather than Blades having a go at the player.

PS. It's a shirt not a jersey!!!!

There are a few people who have expressed doubts about the transfer on the basis that he is too much like Monty (i.e. ballwinner type).

Which is a load of bollocks because he's not like Monty at all. The similarities stop at them being short and able to tackle.

As Coily rightly points out, people have too many misinformed and pre-conceived ideas. Its wonderful having an open mind. As a Blade I dont know where I got mine from.

Doyle, one of City’s highest earners, is no stranger to a relegation battle and was part of Adams’ side that successfully avoided the drop in 2005.

:eek:

Okay then.

Which is a load of bollocks because he's not like Monty at all. The similarities stop at them being short and able to tackle.

As Coily rightly points out, people have too many misinformed and pre-conceived ideas. Its wonderful having an open mind. As a Blade I dont know where I got mine from.

This from a Coventry fan:

Hard working, breaks play up well, but is pretty limited; typical Championship midfielder, in other words. He'll give you some bite, but will make you tear your hair out with some of his distribution. To be fair, it probably counts as a compliment to him that we've trying to find someone else to play that holding role for years, and to replace him, but have never really succeeded.

Sound familiar?

Is the maestro's time finally up?

This guy sounds like a leader that can do a job. Adams has worked with him before and obviously knows something we don't. Maybe this guy is a fighter and is what we need. (As with Bent - and to an extent Lowry and Mattock) we need to trust Adams (we have no choice). At the end of the season we'll either say 'wow, Adams got it right, Bent scored a hat full and linked well with Evans and that Doyle was a rock in the centre, he really lead to the troops and was instrumental in us staying up' or that he got it wrong (you get the idea).

I am not inspired by this, but I put my trust in Micky again. I'd prefer another CB and a winger, but I just hope (and pray) he knows what he is doing.

Would you say that Monty is breaking up play particularly well or for that matter providing any bite at this moment in time?

For that matter would you say that he is a typical Championship midfielder?

I'm just saying that if Monty was on his way, and fans of his destination club asked us what he was like, we'd be writing pretty much the same thing. They appear to be players that play the same role, with similar strengths and limitations. I don't think it's apples and oranges to compare the two.

I'm just saying that if Monty was on his way, and fans of his destination club asked us what he was like, we'd be writing pretty much the same thing. They appear to be players that play the same role, with similar strengths and limitations. I don't think it's apples and oranges to compare the two.

Based on what I've seen they have as many (if not more) differences as they do similarities. It would probably be more accurate to say that they take on a similar role.

All players have limitations. Andy Reid has them.....but no one slates him for an inability to track back quick enough and make tackles. He plays pretty, entertaining football so he's allowed to have limitations without receiving criticism. Double standards IMO but I'm sure some will disagree.

Based on what I've seen they have as many (if not more) differences as they do similarities. It would probably be more accurate to say that they take on a similar role.

All players have limitations. Andy Reid has them.....but no one slates him for an inability to track back quick enough and make tackles. He plays pretty, entertaining football so he's allowed to have limitations without receiving criticism. Double standards IMO but I'm sure some will disagree.

But Andy Reid would create more attacking football and is able to score. When was the last time Monty scored? We don't want another Monty mentality midfielder. Don't get me wrong he will give 150% every game and he will track back on put in challengers but we also need someone who plays along side him who can run with the ball at the defence and make breaks.

Its about time McC and the board get there hand in there wallet and go out and buy Andy Reid instead of signing another midfielder who is similar to one who we already have!!!

Save the money and put it towards Reid!! he is the style of player we need in midfield now!

But Andy Reid would create more attacking football and is able to score. When was the last time Monty scored? We don't want another Monty mentality midfielder. Don't get me wrong he will give 150% every game and he will track back on put in challengers but we also need someone who plays along side him who can run with the ball at the defence and make breaks.

Its about time McC and the board get there hand in there wallet and go out and buy Andy Reid instead of signing another midfielder who is similar to one who we already have!!!

Save the money and put it towards Reid!! he is the style of player we need in midfield now!

All this assumes that Andy Reid wants to leave the Premiership to come and fight relegation with us.

I have nothing against football ideals stee and I get where you're coming from. But some of us can only type the words "NO MONEY" so many times before giving up on it ever sinking in.

I would like Andy Reid back as well in an ideal world but the chances of McCabe funding that are about as remote as it gets.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I never said anything against Monty. I think I'm one of the few that actually likes him and appreciates what he brings to the side. He does a thankless task, in fact more than that, as you said - he gets criticised for it. Yet he still sticks with us. All I've said is that these two players are similar. Nothing more.

I have nothing against football ideals stee and I get where you're coming from. But some of us can only type the words "NO MONEY" so many times before giving up on it ever sinking in.

I would like Andy Reid back as well in an ideal world but the chances of McCabe funding that are about as remote as it gets.

If McCabe isn't willing to fund £500,000 for Reid he should go, yes i know his wage will be the main stubbling block but a couple of years ago he sold one of his many business for £800,000,000. He need to move on! let someone who is willing to have guts to put a bit of money in.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I never said anything against Monty. I think I'm one of the few that actually likes him and appreciates what he brings to the side. He does a thankless task, in fact more than that, as you said - he gets criticised for it. Yet he still sticks with us. All I've said is that these two players are similar. Nothing more.

I know and I'm not criticising your opinions on this specifically. All I'm saying is the opposite - I dont think they're that alike. That's the only bit I disagree with.

Glad we cleared it up though :)

If McCabe isn't willing to fund £500,000 for Reid he should go, yes i know his wage will be the main stubbling block but a couple of years ago he sold one of his many business for £800,000,000. He need to move on! let someone who is willing to have guts to put a bit of money in.

Fine. Who do you think is going to put the money in, then?

Yes i think Monty get far to much stick of people! But i don't think we need another midfielder who is similar as we already who will stick by us!

Perhaps he should move on I dont know. But I am firmly of the belief that we need to move away from sugar daddy owners who drip feed clubs. I dont think its the way forward long term. Clubs in the top flight might be doing it at the moment but as soon as it goes pear shaped and they go down it ends in tears (and often administration).

No sorry, football and football clubs need to learn to pay for themselves. I dont want to watch a rich boys toy every week. Its why I dont watch the PL as much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom