Has Hecky got what it takes? - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Hecky stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 254 49.5%
  • Go

Votes: 155 30.2%
  • One last chance at BL against Man United

Votes: 104 20.3%

• Total voters

He did well at Boro Premier league teams were looking at him. They then sold his best player and didn’t replace him at all so they dropped down the table. Notice how other clubs do this!

Then Watford it was 10 or so games and they are now in a relegation battle without him. Watford fans seemed to love him.
He failed at both.

Watford were further away than when he arrived.

At Boro he lasted about a year and when Carrick took over they immediately saw an uptick and solidified a play off place. They were near the bottom when Wilder arrived.

Any talk or Wilder is wiping out anything in the past three years and hoping he can roll back to 2019/20.

He’s had no success since. Sacked after a year at one place and not retained by the other after what could be described as an unsuccessful trial period.

He was great for us overall but he’s not enhanced his reputation since he left.

Opinions,love 'em.
We're a Championship level side trying to stay in the Premiership,normally Warnock shouldn't be anywhere near S2 but somebody has to whip the team into some semblance of order and effective style of play and fight,in my honest opinion,he may be worth a go,again as i said before,if the club is accepting relegation,which obviously i dont know,leave Hecky where he is.Just my 4 pennorth.

That explains why we are getting tanned every week then. May as well have saved it and bought them next season if that was the case?

We wouldn't of got them in championship. You only get to attract certain prospects when ur actually in the prem.

He failed at both.

Watford were further away than when he arrived.

At Boro he lasted about a year and when Carrick took over they immediately saw an uptick and solidified a play off place. They were near the bottom when Wilder arrived.

Any talk or Wilder is wiping out anything in the past three years and hoping he can roll back to 2019/20.

He’s had no success since. Sacked after a year at one place and not retained by the other after what could be described as an unsuccessful trial period.

He was great for us overall but he’s not enhanced his reputation since he left.
Should be when Wilder left, not arrived!

Still can’t believe 21% have his future riding on beating Man U!

Should be when Wilder left, not arrived!

Still can’t believe 21% have his future riding on beating Man U!
They responded to the only option offered for those people who are currently in neither the ‘stay’ or ‘go’ camps. “Undecided” may be a better way of classifying those votes. Given where the team is currently at, and the notorious fickleness of supporters, less than a third saying ‘go’ is probably as good as Hecky could have expected.

I'm glad you decided to answer the question this way.

The stance by a few on here still tends to be "look, I know you were given a knife to bring to a gun fight, but just stop complaining and fucking shoot him will you!"
The only way to answer it.

Not sure what more people expect from him/this squad. They need to get into real world.

Also, despite the injuries. What we are actually seeing the is the glass ceiling of football and what you need at this level is a serious amount of investment just to hang in the Premier League. Look at Forest they had to sign a 100 players just to scrape themselves away from the relegation.

So in some respects it's not Hecky or even PA. It's the obscene financial landscape of the Premier League.

W
First season he took them from relegation candidates to just missing out on the playoffs whilst beating Man Utd at Old Trafford and Tottenham in the FA Cup.

I beleive any supporters in the Championship would love their manager for this turnaround.

They sold his best player in Tavernier and all season I was reading Wilder was desperate for Gyokeres or a striker. He didn’t get one. He was linked to a PL job and he didn’t exactly shut it down that’s why they have ill feeling towards him and you can see why. But they don’t dislike him for his ability.

Watford are now in a relegation fight without him.
Watford had Choudhury, Joao Pedro, Kienan Davis & Sarr with him. You can’t compare their current team to last seasons he was rubbish there & couldn’t get the best out of them. That came off the back of a terrible time with Boro during that season.

His stock isn’t high at the moment hence why he was linked to League one jobs in the summer.

If we were to sack Hecky I think you’re likely to see Wilder come back but I don’t think it’s the right thing for us or him.

Also, despite the injuries. What we are actually seeing the is the glass ceiling of football and what you need at this level is a serious amount of investment just to hang in the Premier League. Look at Forest they had to sign a 100 players just to scrape themselves away from the relegation.

So in some respects it's not Hecky or even PA. It's the obscene financial landscape of the Premier League.

Forest probably went a bit far like, just half of their signings would be great.

I quoted earlier this week on here saying Hecky should stay because who can take over in the fix we are in Hecky could say to that prince hears another fine mess you have gotten us into. For the young uns from Laurel and Hardy films.However, if we lose again by a big margin that shows we have given up and accepted our fate. of course, no one wants that to happen. apart from the shithouses from the dark side of the city. I will keep going I am a season ticket holder and have been from the old Division One to Division Four and back. I should be used to this but I don't like it. I am 66 now I must point out I don't eat Worthington originals yet I, am too young.

I quoted earlier this week on here saying Hecky should stay because who can take over in the fix we are in Hecky could say to that prince hears another fine mess you have gotten us into. For the young uns from Laurel and Hardy films.However, if we lose again by a big margin that shows we have given up and accepted our fate. of course, no one wants that to happen. apart from the shithouses from the dark side of the city. I will keep going I am a season ticket holder and have been from the old Division One to Division Four and back. I should be used to this but I don't like it. I am 66 now I must point out I don't eat Worthington originals yet I, am too young.
I have been eating Wurthers originals on and off for 40 years !
I think we should have 12 points by the calendar year end. If not then there is no chance and your fears will be well founded.

The main reason people seem to be giving for Hecky staying is that no other manager could get more from this squad. That just seems ridiculous to me. There can't be many managers who have got less out of any squad at this level can there?

The entire history of football shows that good managers get more from squads than people expected.

The main reason people seem to be giving for Hecky staying is that no other manager could get more from this squad. That just seems ridiculous to me. There can't be many managers who have got less out of any squad at this level can there?

The entire history of football shows that good managers get more from squads than people expected.

Well Wilder got very little out of his relegated team in 20/21 so let's assume Wilder is out of the running based on your rationale. So who's this magic "better than Hecky" manager that's going to join the Blades whilst we haven't got 2 pennies to rub together?

Well Wilder got very little out of his relegated team in 20/21 so let's assume Wilder is out of the running based on your rationale. So who's this magic "better than Hecky" manager that's going to join the Blades whilst we haven't got 2 pennies to rub together?

I've got absolutely no idea. I just don't think that's a very good argument.

Even with the lack of talent and the mess of preseason, the current level of performance cannot continue indefinitely. We look like a league one team on a third round trip out. That’s not acceptable.

You can feel sorry for Heckingbottom, you can think our recruitment is crap, but we should be able to compete in matches. We may well lose the vast majority, but we should be offering some form of competition.

He’s got two weeks to sort this during the international break. If we start the next couple of games as we have been; no or a handful of shots, no possession, no meaningful style of play or attacking intent, no coherence whatsoever, disarray in defence. At that point, sadly, you’ve got to make a change.

Last edited:
Is the owner really bothered about United?
Their in the highest League in England, the Manager and his team
aren't causing any disruption, the players aren't coming out to the
press criticising anything at all. Losing on a regular basis but still United
sell out, home and away.....

No point in disrupting anything, carry on as normal lads.
I'll be watching the NFL if anyone calls.....

Even with the lack of talent and the mess of preseason, the current level of performance cannot continue indefinitely. We look like a league one team on a third round trip out. That’s not acceptable.

You can feel sorry for Heckingbottom, you can think our recruitment is crap, but we should be able to compete in matches. We may well lose the vast majority, but we should be offering some form of competition.

He’s got two weeks to sort this during the international break. If we start the next couple of games as we have been; no or a handful of shots, no possession, no meaningful style of play or attacking intent, no coherence whatsoever, disarray in defence. At that point, sadly, you’ve got to make a change.
Lower league teams usually give Prem teams a game in the Cup. Not many get hammered and they usually press hard, work hard and run around a lot.
I dont think we even look League 1.
At least those sides play to their strengths, I don't even know what ours are.

Lower league teams usually give Prem teams a game in the Cup. Not many get hammered and they usually press hard, work hard and run around a lot.
I dont think we even look League 1.
At least those sides play to their strengths, I don't even know what ours are.
Strolling around the pitch aimlessly?

Is having “no idea” a better argument?

A better argument for what?

If I wanted to make the argument for Hecky staying, it would be that he got us promoted and deserves more than 8 games in the Premier League to get it right, especially when the board is a shambles. It would not be "no other manager could do better with this squad", because that's obviously not true.

The
Just want to garner the general opinion on Hecky now the dust has settled from another loss and people have had time to reflect.

Despite the rumours it doesn't look like he's going yet at least. Personally, I think he needs to go cos he doesn't have the tactical nous to make us competitive, nevermind keep us up. And team spirit looks on the floor - as soon as we go a goal down the heads drop.
And particularly with the tactics it's his inability or stubbornness to change from a 5 at the back, as well as his awful use of subs.

And with that you have the injury record (take out the freak injuries if you want, it's still a terrible record of muscle injuries that is much worse than other teams in both leagues we've been in). We always seem to be patched up with minimal bench options, not that Hecky would know how to use them.

I wanted to give him the season, I really did. But I didn't forsee an 8-0 defeat at home and what would follow. That changes everything.
We look devoid of ideas, spirit and fight. Nevermind staying up, nevermind beating Derby's record, at this rate I don't know where the next point is coming from.

Hecky is a great bloke, and props to him for last season, but I think it was clear at the time and more so now that was heavily reliant on Ndiaye's magic, or the fact he could take 3 men with him who were trying to keep him quiet. We simply don't have that now, and barring from pumping it up to McBurnie we are totally clueless on how we can progress up the pitch.
From January, every team in and around us - we lost to. Luton at home, Boro at home, Burnley away.

We aren't cut adrift, and it's only October, but we are already down in all but status if we keep things like it is.
For the Prem?…Sadly not.
For SUFC?…Hell yes!

Didn’t he get more from last year’s squad than anyone thought at the start of the season ? There was much doom and gloom that MGW had gone and not been replaced, with no inkling that Ndiaye would be the force he became, but Hecky managed to steer them to the Promised Land !!

A better argument for what?

If I wanted to make the argument for Hecky staying, it would be that he got us promoted and deserves more than 8 games in the Premier League to get it right, especially when the board is a shambles. It would not be "no other manager could do better with this squad", because that's obviously not true.
Just because a new manager might get us to park the bus better in the Prem so that we "go down swinging", does not mean they'd be as good as Hecky at getting us out of the championship next season.

Just because a new manager might get us to park the bus better in the Prem so that we "go down swinging", does not mean they'd be as good as Hecky at getting us out of the championship next season.
You think he’s going to get us anywhere near the promotion picture without Ndiaye?

We don’t even have a style of play for a start. His genius and mercurial ability is why we are where we are now.

Back
Top Bottom