Has Hecky got what it takes? - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Hecky stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 254 49.5%
  • Go

Votes: 155 30.2%
  • One last chance at BL against Man United

Votes: 104 20.3%

• Total voters
I like Wilder, he's 100% the best manager I've ever experienced as a Blade. I didn't really experience Dave Bassett as I was too young.

Wilder in his last 3 seasons has been a disaster though other than a stint for Boro where he nearly got them in the play-offs. His career is in decline and that's why it feels like a backwards move. If we're able to savage anything from this season you need a manager with momentum & new ideas to get us out of this mess (unrealistic that he'd come to us but Ipswich manager type). What we're witnessing at the moment is the exact same football as the final season under Wilder.
He did well at Boro Premier league teams were looking at him. They then sold his best player and didn’t replace him at all so they dropped down the table. Notice how other clubs do this!

Then Watford it was 10 or so games and they are now in a relegation battle without him. Watford fans seemed to love him.

I'm going to leave you to it
When proven wrong I would also do the same. Why you would try and diminish our players quality that finished the highest league position EVER! And got 2 promotions in 4 years. But don’t worry you don’t rate them.

How is Wilder a step back? The man has out performed Hecky in every single aspect.

Heckys greatest achievement is taking a relegated side (sold 1 player) and got promoted with basically the same team that when at its best can go 9th in PL.

Wilder got a team promoted to the PL with a side that cost like £5m from league one with no parachute money.

I understand if you dislike Wilder for how he left but to compare them managerially is beyond belief.
But he had Henderson, Baldock, Egan, Norwood, Fleck, Didzy, Sharp.

Isn't that a "dream team"

When proven wrong I would also do the same. Why you would try and diminish our players quality that finished the highest league position EVER! And got 2 promotions in 4 years. But don’t worry you don’t rate them.
You're odd. It'd be better if you were at least funny with it but hey ho

You're odd. It'd be better if you were at least funny with it but hey ho
What’s funny about being proven right? I more feel bad that for some reason the greatest side for many a year we have had you don’t rate. That’s bizarre.

Are you claiming Wilder finished 9th in the Premier League with a run of the mill championship squad?

I believe he should stay. Not only have we tried the "established" manager with a track record which didn't end well (Slav) but getting rid of a manager is the easy part - appointing someone with the " tactical nous & better use of substitutes" is the hard part. The poll should include the"list" of possible candidates with an explanation of why the individual is on the list.
A few posters have very short memories or very selective ones.

Honestly, I don't even onow what point you are trying to make any more? I thought you said Championship promotion with those players wasn't an achievement?
I can see you’re confused.

Either Wilder assembled a bang average championship squad and finished 9th in the PL.

Or Wilder assembled an excellent side that worthy of a 9th place finish. That when that team gets relegated automatically becomes a bang average championship side again because Carlton Blade says so.

Take your pick. That will help with your confusion.

I can see you’re confused.

Either Wilder assembled a bang average championship squad and finished 9th in the PL.

Or Wilder assembled an excellent side that worthy of a 9th place finish. That when that team gets relegated automatically becomes a bang average championship side again because Carlton Blade says so.

Take your pick. That will help with your confusion.
It's almost like there's a gap between bang average and "Championship dream team"....

It's almost like there's a gap between bang average and "Championship dream team"....
Please re read the conversation. You’ve literally diminished your own point. I like debates but it’s unusual for someone to make a point and then destroy their own point.

Wilder assembled a championship dream team and got them to finish 9th. When relegated and a few nice additions it is back to a championship dream team.

If you don’t understand it now. Then I think it best we leave it.

Please re read the conversation. You’ve literally diminished your own point. I like debates but it’s unusual for someone to make a point and then destroy their own point.

Wilder assembled a championship dream team and got them to finish 9th. When relegated and a few nice additions it is back to a championship dream team.

If you don’t understand it now. Then I think it best we leave it.
You're point was Didzy, Brewster and Sharp formed part of a Championship dream team in 22/23. All your other points are just weird diversions

I think the key isn't Hecky, it's the Prince and the whole financial situation. The Prince knows he doesn't have the money and has tried to sell - he's taken the promotion windfall to help balance the books to make the club more saleable but left too little in the transfer budget to give Hecky anything but a dog's chance. He knows that, and I think will stand by Hecky - unless we go into total meltdown which makes the club more difficult to sell. Early in the season the sales pitch could have been "a battling, historic club that takes the mighty Man C and Spurs to the very wire and a club that Pep and Klopp trust their young stars to" - now we're close to being "a wreck of a club that's lost it's identity and a place where young player's have there confidence trashed".

Hecky needs to get back to us being Blades and if he does I think the Prince will stick by him.

I think questions like that should be a little more nuanced. Hecky has already proved himself to be a decent manager and he’ll always have last seasons promotion on his CV, but him being good enough for the Premier league is a very different question. Maybe, promotion has come a little bit too soon for him, the club and the owner. With all the young players probably in need of another season to prove themselves the Championship and the older stalwarts being exposed for lack of pace and ideas in the Prem. Hecky seems to be caught in the middle of what has turned out to be a perfect storm.

Why is Warnock too old? He may be in his 70s but he has a remarkable record for saving "sinking "ships.In no way am i saying he could but all other names being bandied about aren't realistic, money wise or bearing in mind our precarious position.However if the club are convinced we're going down,may as well keep Hecky,I.M.H.O.
He stopped a championship side being relegated!
We are not a sinking ship looking for a short term solution. Warnock has no business in the PL as he has already proved more than once.

Don't know if you know anything about Southampton's transfer strategy, but they're more minted from relegation than they would've been from staying up due to Hassenhuttl's development of players. Do you call that failure?

If so, what do you call 1 point in mid october?
Hassenhuttl got Southampton relegated! That team is now stuck halfway down the Championship.

Has Hecky got what it takes?

No - he doesn't have the quality of squad or the financial backing of a proper owner that it takes for a manager to try and compete in the Premier League.
I'm glad you decided to answer the question this way.

The stance by a few on here still tends to be "look, I know you were given a knife to bring to a gun fight, but just stop complaining and fucking shoot him will you!"

I would love to know where the 50% who voted for hecky get there hard drugs from
But he had Henderson, Baldock, Egan, Norwood, Fleck, Didzy, Sharp.

Isn't that a "dream team"
Let’s not forget Jack the best of the lot
not our highest league position ever ffs

He did well at Boro Premier league teams were looking at him. They then sold his best player and didn’t replace him at all so they dropped down the table. Notice how other clubs do this!

Then Watford it was 10 or so games and they are now in a relegation battle without him. Watford fans seemed to love him.
I think you’ve got your Wilder cap on there and like I said I love the bloke but Watford fans didn’t love him at all & Boro fans despised him.

Why is Warnock too old? He may be in his 70s but he has a remarkable record for saving "sinking "ships.In no way am i saying he could but all other names being bandied about aren't realistic, money wise or bearing in mind our precarious position.However if the club are convinced we're going down,may as well keep Hecky,I.M.H.O.
He’s not necessarily too old. But the fact is he’s never done it in the premier league. A shame because other than that he has had an incredible career.

For this reason alone he is not the answer. Premier league football is about more than blood and thunder motivation, it’s about being tactically astute. Not about tub thumping “best bunch of lads I’ve ever had” while Ronny Jepson puts the cones out.

I think you’ve got your Wilder cap on there and like I said I love the bloke but Watford fans didn’t love him at all & Boro fans despised him.
First season he took them from relegation candidates to just missing out on the playoffs whilst beating Man Utd at Old Trafford and Tottenham in the FA Cup.

I beleive any supporters in the Championship would love their manager for this turnaround.

They sold his best player in Tavernier and all season I was reading Wilder was desperate for Gyokeres or a striker. He didn’t get one. He was linked to a PL job and he didn’t exactly shut it down that’s why they have ill feeling towards him and you can see why. But they don’t dislike him for his ability.

Watford are now in a relegation fight without him.

I think he could if he wants to go back to Germany, but there's slim pickings over here. Let's not forget he was sacked with them bottom of the PL.

We are a bigger draw than some of our fans like to think.

Potter is pie in the sky, Hassenhuttl for me isn't at all, provided we pay the going rate
My gut feeling with Hassenhuttl is he’ll get a safe job somewhere in Europe.

Carvahal was shite at the pigs yet he got Braga into Europe. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel over there

Back
Top Bottom