Leeds or Everton to stay up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leeds or Everton to stay up

• Everton

Votes: 198 60.7%
  • Leeds

Votes: 128 39.3%

• Total voters

Leeds for me, as I think we’ll perform better than them next season. I doubt Everton can be this bad again

Pardon my ignorance, but why would this happen?
Was in the news the other day that the others down there are threatening legal action due to them breaching FFP. I’ll see if I can find a link

Edit

Also, the decision to build and move to a new ground has cost the City of Liverpool World Heritage Site status. They went ahead with the whole project despite being warned that this would be the case.

Also, the decision to build and move to a new ground has cost the City of Liverpool World Heritage Site status. They went ahead with the whole project despite being warned that this would be the case.
And what exactly does a world heritage site listing mean for a place? It's not like they knocked down a beautiful building for it. Liverpool, the city, having a state of the art premier league ground would likely result in way more publicity than a old dock 🤷‍♂️

It’s the other skyscrapers that have already caused the loss of World Heritage status.

I want Everton down as I have not forgiven them for 1994. Plus it’s about bloody time.

And what exactly does a world heritage site listing mean for a place? It's not like they knocked down a beautiful building for it. Liverpool, the city, having a state of the art premier league ground would likely result in way more publicity than a old dock 🤷‍♂️
Very much doubt it. The history attached to "that old dock" is incredible and had imlications and impact on a global scale.
A football stadium is of no interest to anyone outside football, and a lot within it.

I don't see them ever going out of business. They may go into admin but the city of Liverpool, Liverpool FC and the football establishment would rally round and support them.

Would be good to see them given a points deduction and relegated to League One though

Very much doubt it. The history attached to "that old dock" is incredible and had imlications and impact on a global scale.
A football stadium is of no interest to anyone outside football, and a lot within it.
It's one old dock. Dock enthusiasts still have another 40 to gawp at in Liverpool. I can't say I have ever been particularly impressed by one 🤷‍♂️

I think you're confusing Everton with Hans Segers
I mentioned in the shoutbox that I don't buy the idea that Everton bribed Seagers. Even if they did, they couldn't affect our result at Chelsea.

However, given the Grobbelaar revelations, I wouldn't be surprised if other keepers took money to lose games back then. Salaries weren't high at all compared to today.

I mentioned in the shoutbox that I don't buy the idea that Everton bribed Seagers. Even if they did, they couldn't affect our result at Chelsea.

However, given the Grobbelaar revelations, I wouldn't be surprised if other keepers took money to lose games back then. Salaries weren't high at all compared to today.
Agreed.

Hans was probably paid by a far Eastern betting syndicate to ensure that Everton won.

Highly unlikely that Everton had anything to do with it.

A bit like the time that Fashinu caught the ball twice in one game against us when under no pressure.

It’s really difficult but I’ve voted Everton. Mainly because of their cheating past and the fact they’ve had it coming for years. I don’t like Leeds but I’m not that bothered about them. Perfect choice would be both down though.

Everton will be strong in the Championship next year, as will whoever goes down. Makes for a tough league should the pigs scrape up. I also see us taking points of Leeds in the Prem more like Han Everton.

Reactions: Dkc
Well coming out of Stamford Bridge i was less than pleased with Everton. I can tell you.
I was at Stamford Bridge that day too but I can't help but think your anger should be directed at Segers/Wimbledon.

You can hardly blame Everton for winning a game that was gifted to them.

There's also the issue of the non penalty at Blackburn that day too. Do you dislike Blackburn too for bribing the ref that day?

Liverpool/Everton.
Can't help but remember John Ebbrell, and the stitch up by them and Howard Kendall.in 1997
Long time ago I know but still pisses me off,
Especially just now with Liverpool FC and the Brewster fiasco....... 🙈

I don't have any animus towards Everton, because of what the Wimbledon goalkeeper did 29 years ago. I tend not to take rivalries that seriously, but with Leeds, its just those horrid away days and those fan protests recently, were bananas...not good for the game.

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom