Beating west ham !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derbysufc

Reaction score
I'm still one of the belivers this season ain't over yet!
I belive next 2 league games we can take minimum 4 points. West ham and Palace.
We have the right man in charge the rights ethics sadly so many injured players and a manager having to clear deadbeat players yo bring in has own .
4 points next 2 games gives us a fighting chance . Forest are truly fukt , I belive they will a 15 point deduction.
Everton another 10 .
Burnley have to visit the lane and easily beaten. Luton away I see a minimum one point .
Small steps but new additions new fight new ideas I think we have a chance.

Love your optimism derby. If Forest and Everton do get deducted that many points we are in with a chance but I can't see it. There's talk about 6 points each. I think it will be a fudge that gives them a penalty but doesn't 'relegate' them. I don't think the PL will want to be accused of having a product where results on the pitch don't matter. Plus they will be tied up for years in law suits.

Two ways of looking at it ?
4 points next two games gives us a huge lift.
Best manager new players new style.
By this time next weekend I honestly belive the whole down beat attitude to the club will change.
We are playing catch up ) possibly too late but we have the right people to change it and give us a chance.
A big powerful centre half and striker like a Brian deane and we have enough games to rattle a few pundits and take it to the wire.

If we can best West Ham tomorrow then it suddenly gives the club a spark of belief. I think we are nearly in last chance saloon re staying up but I also feel that if we start getting positive results as of now, it's still achievable. Got to beat WHU though. It's now or never.

We have the right man in charge the rights ethics sadly so many injured players and a manager having to clear deadbeat players yo bring in has own .
4 points next 2 games gives us a fighting chance . Forest are truly fukt , I belive they will a 15 point deduction.
Everton another 10 .
Burnley have to visit the lane and easily beaten. Luton away I see a minimum one point .
Forest have only breached for one season, so not likely to be more than 4. Everton have already been found guilty on two of the latest years so aga are unlikely to have more than 4/6 deducted

If we can best West Ham tomorrow then it suddenly gives the club a spark of belief. I think we are nearly in last chance saloon re staying up but I also feel that if we start getting positive results as of now, it's still achievable. Got to beat WHU though. It's now or never.

Agreed.

A draw is as much use as tits on a bull.

Everton another 10 .
We will need another team to be charged this season to stand a chance 😂, I like what your saying my heart is with you but my head is a firm no way Jose, for me let’s just get to having enough points not to be the shitest club ever in this league and then move forward from there.
But bloody hell I hope you’re right

Let's see by this time next week .
Fairly sure this board will have a change of attitude.
As said , one game at a time . Beat West ham , the happy faces will be back on here.
Palace away I'm confident with new manager new players of a point at least .
Another good cup run brings in money

Since we're at home I'd like to see the triple prong attack of McAtee, Osula and Archer up top again, with Hamer and Bogle supporting and De Souza in the middle. I'd rather see us go for it and lose then try to contain teams, play it safe and lose anyway. We've nothing to lose. Everyone says we're down, so play like we are down and fear nothing. Take risks. Gamble. Have a go.

Bizarrely the BBC says we're winless in 9 league games. Nice to see they do their research!

You’re talking about beating West Ham who simply brushed us aside at their place and barely got out of first gear.

I’m optimistic we can get a few more points but we have to go on a run AND hope multiple teams above us lose 2/3 games in a row JUST to get back in contention.

Wilder may be a better man motivator but the reality is we’re further adrift than when he took over, albeit we’re not shipping 5+ goals per game but right now points are all that matters to get us to a respectable amount.

We’re over halfway and haven’t surpassed Derby’s record yet, and the only team in the country yet to hit double digits. The next lowest teams are Rotherham (Championship) and Forest Green (L2) both on 18 (though they have played more games).

How embarrassing would it be if Everton and Forest were both deducted 10 points…and we still went down.

Sadly Everton won't be getting any more points docked and Forest will at the most lose 6pts just enough for a slap on the wrist but enough to ensure us Burnley and Luton make way for Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. The only thing we are playing for now is pride and preparation for next seasons promotion push.

Say iy again .
This time next weekend things could look much different .
One game at a time and beating west ham would change the whole thought pattern
Go to Palace nab any kind result / points then we have a small but fighting chance.
A couple of tweaks in the squad, some in some out and win our home games.
I'd love to see ohare from Coventry with us and a certain few leave us.

How embarrassing would it be if Everton and Forest were both deducted 10 points…and we still went down.
Embarrassing is not the word really
It would mean we had missed the best opportunity of staying up we could have hoped for with the promoted teams being shit and two getting points deducted it would be a huge indictment of how we surrendered
Pre season and
Early season you can't do that and hope to survive
On the other hand if we stay up because of it how funny will that be and would it put an end to all ' it's the Sheffield united way ' bollox ?

Incidicdently.
It was the hooligans of Serbia that caused most the shit during the war .
Bad blue boys - Zagreb and toroida - hajduk split - my team there hooligans formed and fought the Serbs off

Sadly Everton won't be getting any more points docked and Forest will at the most lose 6pts just enough for a slap on the wrist but enough to ensure us Burnley and Luton make way for Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. The only thing we are playing for now is pride and preparation for next seasons promotion push.
Totally agree pal 👍 and most of all to being the worst ever team to grace the premier league with 9 points .

Say iy again .
This time next weekend things could look much different .
One game at a time and beating west ham would change the whole thought pattern
Go to Palace nab any kind result / points then we have a small but fighting chance.
A couple of tweaks in the squad, some in some out and win our home games.
I'd love to see ohare from Coventry with us and a certain few leave us.

I admire your optimism.. however it's the hope that kills us.

As such, curious what your feelings to staying up would be if we don't get the 3 points today?

Love your optimism derby. If Forest and Everton do get deducted that many points we are in with a chance but I can't see it. There's talk about 6 points each. I think it will be a fudge that gives them a penalty but doesn't 'relegate' them. I don't think the PL will want to be accused of having a product where results on the pitch don't matter. Plus they will be tied up for years in law suits.
The punishment is determined by an independent panel.

Two ways of looking at it ?
4 points next two games gives us a huge lift.
Best manager new players new style.
By this time next weekend I honestly belive the whole down beat attitude to the club will change.
We are playing catch up ) possibly too late but we have the right people to change it and give us a chance.
A big powerful centre half and striker like a Brian deane and we have enough games to rattle a few pundits and take it to the wire.
That’s the spirit we need.

Unfortunately the teams above us seem to be picking up fairly regular wins.

I admire your optimism.. however it's the hope that kills us.

As such, curious what your feelings to staying up would be if we don't get the 3 points today?
Do belive we will beat West ham then take something at palace .
New energy new drive new commitment since hecky has gone and a couple of decent results puts us right back in the mix .

Do belive we will beat West ham then take something at palace .
New energy new drive new commitment since hecky has gone and a couple of decent results puts us right back in the mix .

And I'm really impressed in your unwavering belief... However I asked how would you be feeling towards your belief of us staying up 'IF' we don't get 3 points today

And I'm really impressed in your unwavering belief... However I asked how would you be feeling towards your belief of us staying up 'IF' we don't get 3 points today
I belive we will.
Why bother attending any game if you ain't up for it.
Todays in my opinion the biggest game this season . We have Everton and forest facing deductions points wise.
3 points today puts us a decent position and builds the new momentum .
Remember the Bassett years the long run of wins when we were written off.
We've only really got Liverpool away to concede defeat . We've won at old Trafford recently and they look awful .
Win our home games and a bot of luck we have every chance.

Back
Top Bottom