Who is it in United's interest to go down?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Not who we want to go down (that is Leeds and Forest for me), but who would struggle next season if they stay up. I would say it is in our interest for Forest to go down (they would have a feel good factor if they stay up and probably continue to spend) and Everton (I think Dyche would turn them around next season). Leicester are on the decline now and need to replace Vardy so I think they will struggle anyway. Leeds have made a number of poor decisions and I dint think their fans will take to Allardyce.

Leicester going down is quite good for us as their squad still has a lot of quality. Think with a component manager they'll go straight back up next season even with selling likes of Maddison. Think they battered us 5-0 last time we played them.

Leeds going down would be happy with. Don't rate Everton much, think we'd challenge them effectively from what I've seen of them.

Shame it wasn't Forest in the end. Now they can sign another 20 players over summer. Last I saw on their forums was them suggesting Tammy Abraham 🤣

Last edited:
Gutted they stayed up. They even stayed off the pitch and nobody got headbutted. Only good thing about that result was confirmation Ramsdale doesn’t get a league champion medal.

When was the last time all 3 promoted teams stayed up I wonder? Wonder what odds were at start of season

Happy for Everton and Leicester to stay up. Both are a mess and we'd have a good chance against them. Same with Leeds but I fucking hate Leeds and their fans.

So, I'd rather have Forest and Leeds down, but I'll settle for Leeds and Everton.

Gutted they stayed up. They even stayed off the pitch and nobody got headbutted. Only good thing about that result was confirmation Ramsdale doesn’t get a league champion medal.
I hope we haven't lost out on money though. It's the kind of nonsense clause Arsenal might have agreed to.

When was the last time all 3 promoted teams stayed up I wonder? Wonder what odds were at start of season
In addition, only 1 of last season's relegated sides has made it back up.

Perhaps this supports the idea that there isn't a so much a gulf between Prem and Champ, more like a gulf between the top half of Prem and those below it who are of similar calibre down to mid-table Championship ish. Although that said, it seems like there was something of a gulf between Burnley and us, and the rest of 'em.

Happy for Everton and Leicester to stay up. Both are a mess and we'd have a good chance against them. Same with Leeds but I fucking hate Leeds and their fans.

So, I'd rather have Forest and Leeds down, but I'll settle for Leeds and Everton.
Forest are safe.

Leicester. I'd like to think we'd take points from Leeds next season & want to play them. If Everton go down it impacts our DCL sell on %

The best teams on paper can go down. That means Leeds staying up

Back
Top Bottom