CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm trying to recall Long

Yes I can see where you're coming from, but we don't really know how it'll turn out do we momatter who we sign, even experienced keepers can be on a downer and prone to mistakes, we've had a few on loan. This kid at least seems to be on the up.

I remember a few raised eyebrows when we signed the late great Mel Rees. He'd only played 60 odd games in an eight year career for 7 different clubs and yet he was an absolute world-beater for us, outstanding.

We all need to get behind the lad if he plays and help him settle, and I'm sure we will.

Very true. Anyone running on that pitch in a blades shirt gets my backing.

Pleased with this. The few times I've seen him play I've been fairly impressed. Big, confident, vocal, athletic and fairly brave. Commands his area and fits the Wilder brief of having a point to prove, and being hungry. All that whilst acting as a stop gap for Moore and presumably without breaking the bank. Works for everyone, he gets to step up and try this level, Chelsea get more experience for their young keeper and we get an able deputy that won't expect to start when Moore returns. Well done Blades.

I think he will expect to start. If he plays well he'll keep the shirt, like anyone else.

What makes anyone think this bloke has come in to end up being number 2? He will want to make that shirt his own and it looks like we'll end up with three very good keepers challenging for the number one spot, which will bring out the very best in everyone of them. I'm getting sick to the back teeth of praising the Blades, when will this shit stop? :)

The board have played a blinder here by the way because when they said think Liverpool they were playing it down and actually meant think Chelsea, the Premier league champions. :D

My missus says he looks good. Looks remarkably like my wife's Uncle Bertie who always comes round to do handyman jobs around the house when I'm at the match. Should I be concerned?
If your wife just randomly blurts truncheon out whilst having a relatively normal conversation with you then yes, be very concerned.

My missus says he looks good. Looks remarkably like my wife's Uncle Bertie who always comes round to do handyman jobs around the house when I'm at the match. Should I be concerned?
Only if he tries to cover the hole with his finger!

Maybe, just maybe the issue with his contract was that we were trying to sign him permanently? Hence why he's ended up with a new deal at Chelsea.

If your wife just randomly blurts truncheon out whilst having a relatively normal conversation with you then yes, be very concerned.
That's ok then. I've never had a relatively normal conversation with my wife.

Not like you mate
I'd be more than happy if Moore was fit. And this kid was gonna be a back up. But given that we (fans) haven't been told how long Moore is out for, we can't assume it's just a back up. So I wanted someone with more experience who doesn't mind being a back up but has actualy been proving in this league

I think this is a great signing by wilder I M O. I've not seen him in action much!. He wouldn't have signed for us if he thought he was going to be dropped as soon as Moore is fit!!. He's not stupid and will be eager to make that no1 jersey his own!. I M O. In wilder we trust. Utb

That sort of solves that issue out then, unless she blurts it out in her dream? :)
Or dreams with her blurt out.

I dunno about that. She makes me sleep in the spare room because she says I snore and disturb her. I had to laugh though the other day when Uncle Bertie stayed over and had to share the bed with her. He was grunting and panting all night in his sleep - I don't know how she could have slept through that! Serves her right I reckon!

Jesus wept.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

We have just signed a player from Chelsea who has just signed a new four year deal. He has 50 first team appearances at league level, is 6/6 tall and was voted young player of the year for his performances at Wycombe.
And some folk are disappointed!!

He hasn't come here to accept a place in the bench, he will be here to push for the starting line up. He has a future in the game if Chelsea are prepared to stick with him, but not good enough for us....all before he has even played as usual!!

Can't shake my head enough. Is it because he wasn't chosen by any of the "experts" on here?
Spot on Grizzly - I dont get this shit people saying disappointed when they havet even seen him yet he's played a full season in league football as well as being player of the year ? Eastwood looks very promising in his few matches as did Ramsdale but wouldnt want to totally rely on them for a full season unless I had seen that they had proved themselves for a full programme. This guy ticks all the boxes except many years of experience and certainly I am comfortable that his massive height at 6'6 is a definite advantage

CW said he was our number one target all summer. But there was an issue with his contract. Guessing Chelsea don't allow there players to go out on loan without signing a new bumper deal.

If CW gets his priority target then we have to be happy with that.
I believe that's the case. They don't want to be in a situation where he's playing well for a league team and his contract is running down.

Back
Top Bottom