CONFIRMED Jamal Blackman signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

thats fine, no problem with blackman just think the way the artiocle is written is confusing and Wilders comments just dont match up with him talking about getting another senior keeper in then saying thta blackman was his first target? :confused::confused::confused:
Ever heard of 'misinformation'?

My only worry is with Moore seemingly injured for a month or so are we relying on one of Eastwood or the new kid on the block.

I'm slightly nervous about that but would be happy to be proven wrong.

I'd feel more comfortable with a month loan of an experienced keeper until Moore returns.

In Wilder We Trust.

He's probably going to be 3rd choice, 2nd choice until Moore comes back.
Why spend over the odds?

wasn't expecting this, thought he was off to Bolton but he's here now so good luck lad

I know nothing about the lad tbh, but if Wilder wants him (which he obviously does) then that's enough for me. I trust CW implicitly as manager of sufc. Welcome aboard son.

Excellent scouting Blades. What a difference it is to have management who know exactly what is out there and what they want, compared to say Adkins who wouldn't have known a decent prospect if one had come up and bit him on the arse. Well done Blades.

Last edited:
Does this mean Chelsea get first dibs on Brook

kell-brook-celeb_3310074.jpg

So we're the latest club to be on the end of Chelsea's automatic 'give them a long contract and farm them out on loan' policy.

Would've preferred Ripley on a permanent deal but I'm happy with this. 6 foot 6, black, and played a lot of games and did well at Wycombe. If Moore's injury is only 3-4 weeks then maybe it makes sense not to make as much of a commitment with the new GK.

He should provide very good competition and could be good enough to become first choice. Right sort of loan signing.

Why do you think he is "probably no better than Long"?
I'm trying to recall Long
My only worry is with Moore seemingly injured for a month or so are we relying on one of Eastwood or the new kid on the block.

I'm slightly nervous about that but would be happy to be proven wrong.

I'd feel more comfortable with a month loan of an experienced keeper until Moore returns.

In Wilder We Trust.
Yes I can see where you're coming from, but we don't really know how it'll turn out do we momatter who we sign, even experienced keepers can be on a downer and prone to mistakes, we've had a few on loan. This kid at least seems to be on the up.

I remember a few raised eyebrows when we signed the late great Mel Rees. He'd only played 60 odd games in an eight year career for 7 different clubs and yet he was an absolute world-beater for us, outstanding.

We all need to get behind the lad if he plays and help him settle, and I'm sure we will.

So we're the latest club to be on the end of Chelsea's automatic 'give them a long contract and farm them out on loan' policy.

Would've preferred Ripley on a permanent deal but I'm happy with this. 6 foot 6, black, and played a lot of games and did well at Wycombe. If Moore's injury is only 3-4 weeks then maybe it makes sense not to make as much of a commitment with the new GK.

He should provide very good competition and could be good enough to become first choice. Right sort of loan signing.
What difference does the colour of his skin make ?

Bit embarrassing that you should mention it in 2017

CW said he was our number one target all summer. But there was an issue with his contract. Guessing Chelsea don't allow there players to go out on loan without signing a new bumper deal.

If CW gets his priority target then we have to be happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom