CONFIRMED Ivo Grbic signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A nonsense post that didn’t mean anything.
So 2 goalkeepers, that have both played for their respective countries at every level, have nothing in common in your opinionated mind then!?
Talk about nonsense.......

So 2 goalkeepers, that have both played for their respective countries at every level, have nothing in common in your opinionated mind then!?
Talk about nonsense.......

I breathe air, so do these guys.. does that have any relevance?

Tons and tons of players have represented their country at youth level, every single one of them have completely different career trajectories.

Some go on to be absolute world beaters... Others end up going on to playing non league football... It literally means nothing at all.

You have to hope the scouting department have done their research and know what we getting.

It’s always a worry.

But he ticks some boxes so let’s hope all works well. If it does we have a good top end championship goalkeeper ready for promotion push next season.

I just want a goalkeeper who can pass it out. You’d think to survive at a top club he will be decent.

You have to hope the scouting department have done their research and know what we getting.

It’s always a worry.

But he ticks some boxes so let’s hope all works well. If it does we have a good top end championship goalkeeper ready for promotion push next season.

I just want a goalkeeper who can pass it out. You’d think to survive at a top club he will be decent.

Didn't our piggy neighbors recently sign a backup goalkeeper from a European giant which turned into an absolute shitshow....

I breathe air, so do these guys.. does that have any relevance?

Tons and tons of players have represented their country at youth level, every single one of them have completely different career trajectories.

Some go on to be absolute world beaters... Others end up going on to playing non league football... It literally means nothing at all.
True, but it is still a similarity, and, as I was pointing out in my original post, we shouldn't expect to much, as we did with Olsen and Verrips, who both turned out to be crap for us, but Olsen has had a decent career, has he not?

I know there's some experts on here but sometimes let's just trust in the people who work for us know what they are doing, I sometimes think they must piss themselves reading some of our listen to me I know what I'm talking about.

I know there's some experts on here but sometimes let's just trust in the people who work for us know what they are doing, I sometimes think they must piss themselves reading some of our listen to me I know what I'm talking about.

Fair point.. until you realize this fella is our HEAD of scouting 😅

images (2) (2).jpeg

I’ve watched his highlights from his games at Atheltico.

Very hard to read much into it. Makes some very good saves, but concedes some goals that he should do better with.

Only limited, I am interested to know our policy in recruiting him as in what boxes have we identified and what does he tick etc.

With our recent recruitment drive I wouldn’t be laughing at anything.

It’s always a worry.

Fingers crossed homework has been done (I’m sure it has)…. Equally, Atletico Madrid have a really good track record of signings. Fingers crossed we benefit from their scouting/intel plus our own evaluation

Fingers crossed homework has been done (I’m sure it has)…. Equally, Atletico Madrid have a really good track record of signings. Fingers crossed we benefit from their scouting/intel plus our own evaluation
I just don’t see how he ends up at us?

We cannot have watched 1 live game?

So isit purely stat based? If so he has limited minutes so even harder.

I don’t believe our knowledge of Spain is particularly good with the signing of Souza.

I just don’t see how he ends up at us?

We cannot have watched 1 live game?

So isit purely stat based? If so he has limited minutes so even harder.

I don’t believe our knowledge of Spain is particularly good with the signing of Souza.
There's no guarantee any signing will be a success for any club. However, I'm pretty sure any professional football scout will have a decent knowledge of La Liga. We also luckily have the medium of TV these days to fill the gap between seeing someone live and relying purely on stats.

Oh, and I reckon Souza has been an OK signing. Not the best ever, but far from a complete flop.

A Croatian? Anel definitely on the way out
As a regular visitor since 1997 to croatia , I can assure you the problems in the old yugoslavia were not between Bosnia and croatia.
The Serbs were the war mongers and rightly so got their arses kicked.

As a regular visitor since 1997 to croatia , I can assure you the problems in the old yugoslavia were not between Bosnia and croatia.
They did fight each other as well, though, with atrocities committed on both sides. Albeit they were mostly allies against the Serbs.

Aye
Gets you thinking about how Egan & Norwood get on, or Jebbison & Trusty.
Given the ‘well known’ volatility of South Americans it’s to be hoped there have been no conflicts between Brasil & Chile to alleviate any chance of a training ground stramash between Souza/ Hamer & BBD ?

Last edited:
I'm over there several times a year , mostly the dalmatia region .
Makarska , split, sibenik .
Serbs caused the war , it splr a union of countries ) ie - yugoslavia .
Croats hate Serbs as do
Bosnians
Slovenians
- Montenegro took the Serbs side .
Bosnians are a Muslim country , the rest strong catholics.
I'm there again in April, I can speak fairly fluent croat ., I can by . But rest assures Croats for a population of 4.5 million, roughly size of Wales can punch above their weight .

There's no guarantee any signing will be a success for any club. However, I'm pretty sure any professional football scout will have a decent knowledge of La Liga. We also luckily have the medium of TV these days to fill the gap between seeing someone live and relying purely on stats.

Oh, and I reckon Souza has been an OK signing. Not the best ever, but far from a complete flop.
Understood but realistically our knowledge isn’t La Liga. It’s the reserve La Liga division that we need to be strong on.

Obviously we don’t know how good he is, but I just don’t understand how we have picked him. I would love to know the scouting that’s gone on with him. The working process to see why he have chose him. I just find it difficult to sign a keeper with limited minutes in a foreign league.

Unless he has been scouted since he played for Lille. We need Roy’s thoughts 😂 that’s good enough scouting for me.

We need Roy’s thoughts 😂 that’s good enough scouting for me.

Considering Atleti's first choice keeper is world class, Jan Oblak, I doubt their fans opinion of Grbic will be all that high - we'll find out soon enough though.

The lad played for every international level for his country..... just like Olsen, and he was gash.
I'm not saying he's better or worse, merely pointing out a similarity.
They also both have arms, legs and a head.

Considering Atleti's first choice keeper is world class, Jan Oblak, I doubt their fans opinion of Grbic will be all that high - we'll find out soon enough though.
Yeah no one is saying he should be playing for them Oblak one of the best in the world. He’s played in bits so they’ll easy form an opinion.

I just don’t understand how we have got to the conclusion he’s the perfect signing for us.

We will see soon enoug

Interested to see the view from Lille fans too as he was there on loan.. played 21 games in 21/22. 4 clean sheets in his last 33 league games is not that encouraging though.

Sorry if spotted already but at the time we went for Ramsdale there was an article in the Athletic which quoted Tifo:

With uncertainty around Dean Henderson’s continued presence at Bramall Lane, a goalkeeper is rightly the priority area. Former Sheffield United player Aaron Ramsdale is an interesting prospect, doing fairly well behind a shaky defence at Bournemouth.

According to Statsbomb’s data, however, last season Ramsdale faced the 23rd most crosses into his box in Europe’s top five leagues, and only stopped 6.5 per cent of them, which is not the kind of presence United are looking for long-term.

Tifo’s suggestion is therefore 6ft 5in Croatian Ivo Grbic.

Although we don’t have cross data for him, he’s a big, brave goalkeeper who possesses exceptional reflexes and clever distribution, especially with throws. He conceded around five goals fewer than expected this past season on Wyscout’s model, helping Lokomotiva to a surprising high runners-up finish in the Croatian top flight.

Grbic is also likely to be relatively inexpensive: although he’s been capped at every age-group level he has yet to break into the national side.

Back
Top Bottom