Two strange incidents today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A red card for me and also we should’ve had a penalty in the first half that didn’t even get a mention, they said it was great defending, some great brushing under the carpet from the wankers in the media.

Another strange incident was the half-time 5-a-side game. I believe it was some sort of inclusivity football, and I'm sure they said both teams were Under-16s. Okay, United's team probably were under-16, in that they looked about 12, compared to the Land of the Giants Wolves team. Total mismatch, and we lost 7-0.

Vs Grimsby, last day of 1994-5 season.

Whitehouse sick of Nielsen’s shitty defending.
Dont remember. I only remember Dave Bassett taking off all his clothes apart from his pants and giving them to supporters who approached him after the match

Its a yellow all day, but seems a good opportunity for some on here to have pop at Brewster , despite him have a very good game.
Of course it was a yellow.

Do you think he’d have scored?

A red card for me and also we should’ve had a penalty in the first half that didn’t even get a mention, they said it was great defending, some great brushing under the carpet from the wankers in the media.
Handball would have been harsh.

Brewster’s shot from the corner and it hit his hand by his side. Awkward one as you could make a strong case that it would have gone in workout that.

But the whole ‘natural position’ thing worked in his favour. One reason why I still feel aggrieved that Egan had one given vs Man City way back. When going to ground surely your arm being a little out by your side is very natural?

Handball would have been harsh.

Brewster’s shot from the corner and it hit his hand by his side. Awkward one as you could make a strong case that it would have gone in workout that.

But the whole ‘natural position’ thing worked in his favour. One reason why I still feel aggrieved that Egan had one given vs Man City way back. When going to ground surely your arm being a little out by your side is very natural?
I wasn’t talking about the handball one but seen as though you mention it, the fact he leans towards the ball and it hits just above his inner elbow, it has to be a penalty because it would’ve more than likely gone in as you quite rightly say. Dawson? knew what he was doing.

Of course it was a yellow.

Do you think he’d have scored?
Whether he’d have scored or not is irrelevant really Rev, the fact of the matter is he’d have had a one on one with the keeper and that’s a goal scoring opportunity so therefore for me anyway it should’ve been a red card, it doesn’t matter where he is on the pitch either, if the defender is the last man which he was in this case he should be a gonner, it’s ok though, it’s quickly brushed under the carpet and won’t even get a mention on that ref watch programme they have on, neither will our penalty shout.

Whether he’d have scored or not is irrelevant really Rev, the fact of the matter is he’d have had a one on one with the keeper and that’s a goal scoring opportunity so therefore for me anyway it should’ve been a red card, it doesn’t matter where he is on the pitch either, if the defender is the last man which he was in this case he should be a gonner.
I'll have to watch it again but to my recollection he wasn't the last man. There were other Wolves defenders around. Also Brewster was out wide, remember.

A lot had to happen before he was one on one. Hence the yellow.

I'll have to watch it again but to my recollection he wasn't the last man. There were other Wolves defenders around. Also Brewster was out wide, remember.

Like I say Rev, a lot is irrelevant, no way was the defender to the inside and just behind him was going to catch him.

He probably would’ve misssed yesterday because it wasn’t his day infront of goal but he did have a few good efforts.😁

Any one else think that tug on Brewster was worth a red card? He was away but for that.
I'm not one for changing the rules for the sake of it but it was one of those incidents that could do with an orange card.

Not serious enough for a red but clearly needed more than a yellow, not sure many football fans would have disagreed with their player having to sit out for 10 mins.

I agree. If we’d been playing forwards with the ball and they tackle us, they have every right to keep going. However, we clearly kicked it out (albeit badly) so they would have looked pretty bad if they’d played on.
Geordie I'm not sure Grbic was initially going to kick it out. I think he was looking to play it out from the back but realised he'd left it too late and everyone was closed down. He then did some kind of poxy misplaced pass, why didn't he just hoof it into the stand to make it clear what he was doing ?

I wasn’t talking about the handball one but seen as though you mention it, the fact he leans towards the ball and it hits just above his inner elbow, it has to be a penalty because it would’ve more than likely gone in as you quite rightly say. Dawson? knew what he was doing.
Absolutely - he consciously moved towards the ball to block the shot, with his arm. The fact that his arm was by his side saved him on this occassion, as that happens to be the rule this week! The commentators mentioned it 10 seconds after it occured - "VAR have checked it and seen nothing wrong - of course it wasn't handball".
:rolleyes:

Whether he’d have scored or not is irrelevant really Rev, the fact of the matter is he’d have had a one on one with the keeper and that’s a goal scoring opportunity so therefore for me anyway it should’ve been a red card, it doesn’t matter where he is on the pitch either, if the defender is the last man which he was in this case he should be a gonner, it’s ok though, it’s quickly brushed under the carpet and won’t even get a mention on that ref watch programme they have on, neither will our penalty shout.
Tbh wolves had a much better penalty shout when souza handballed and compared to the one he gave away Luton this one was absolutely nailed on

It would have been interesting to see if they done a Leeds and let us run through unopposed whether or not we would have scored or somehow managed to put it wide or over

Big difference.
The Leeds- Vila match was a dead rubber with nothing to play for. We were 99% up at that point. The only way Leeds could have overtaken us was beat Villa then win at least 12 nil away at Ipswich whilst hoping we lose away at Stoke.

It’s much easier to show sportsmanship in what became basically a friendly fixture with nothing to play for.

Whereas in the PL every position higher is more money. Also Wolves have an outside chance of Europe.

Also as mentioned it wasn’t that Wolves played on whilst a man was down, that would have been fair. In this case we had the ball and clearly intended to kick it out of play to stop the game. It wasn’t a case of time wasting because we were losing and playing quite well at the time.

Last edited:

Only saw it in real time at the game but I wondered if there was a possible case for violent conduct - when someone is moving at that pace and gets dragged down, there's got to be an element of recklessness to it? Maybe that's stretching it but it definitely felt like a yellow wasn't enough punishment.

Simon Jordan on talk-shite trying to compare the Souza/Robbo incident to Dyer/Bowyer......

Simon Jordan on talk-shite trying to compare the Souza/Robbo incident to Dyer/Bowyer......
I never knew that the Dyer/Bowyer fight had them down to 8...Taylor had already been sent off prior. Barcodes vs Villa if memory serves me right with Gareth (chopper) Barry trying to part them like a ref separating two boxers who swore blind they didn't hear the bell sound.

Geordie I'm not sure Grbic was initially going to kick it out. I think he was looking to play it out from the back but realised he'd left it too late and everyone was closed down. He then did some kind of poxy misplaced pass, why didn't he just hoof it into the stand to make it clear what he was doing ?
Should've just hoofed it into the stand, but I disagree that he wasn't clearly kicking the ball out of play.

That wanker hates us, and to be fair, the feeling is mutual! 😆

I don't mind him when he isn't talking about Sheffield football. The bloke has a total blindspot for any wrong doing Wednesday has ever done. I can only assume he is mates with Dave Richards or someone.

Back
Top Bottom