Two strange incidents today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
I can't recall Blades on Blade pushing and shoving each other on the pitch. It would have summed our season up if Souza and Robinson both got sent off!
If I was a Wolves fan I would have been furious about the sportsmanship of kicking the ball out when Grbic failed to.kick the ball out when Souza went down injured (or had cramp). Let the ref decide when to halt play for an injury!

I can't recall Blades on Blade pushing and shoving each other on the pitch. It would have summed our season up if Souza and Robinson oth got sent off!
If I was a Wolves fan I would have been furious about the sportsmanship of kicking the ball out when Grbic failed to.kick the ball out when Souza went down injured (or had cramp). Let the ref decide when to halt play for an injury!
Once the team that has the ball chooses to put it out, it'd be scummy as fuck to play on and score.

Once the team that has the ball chooses to put it out, it'd be scummy as fuck to play on and score.

I agree. If we’d been playing forwards with the ball and they tackle us, they have every right to keep going. However, we clearly kicked it out (albeit badly) so they would have looked pretty bad if they’d played on.

I agree. If we’d been playing forwards with the ball and they tackle us, they have every right to keep going. However, we clearly kicked it out (albeit badly) so they would have looked pretty bad if they’d played on.
It would have been interesting to see if they done a Leeds and let us run through unopposed whether or not we would have scored or somehow managed to put it wide or over

Any one else think that tug on Brewster was worth a red card? He was away but for that.
I thought yellow, but then when you see the space in front of him and the fact that Brewster and the ball were heading towards goal at speed, I actually wondered whether the other Wolves defender would have caught up with Brewster. A very close call.

Do you really think they would have caught Brewster before he got a shot away?

I think Brewster would have been away and got a shot in, but.... There was another Wolves player near by and there was enough doubt I thought for it to just be a yellow. Other way around, I'm thinking it's a yellow for a United defender.

More importantly, I thought Brewster looked good today and a constant threat with his pace. Only took him 3 years. Hopefully it's a new start for him at SUFC. He deserves some luck.

Any one else think that tug on Brewster was worth a red card? He was away but for that.
No, yellow as there was cover and he was on half way, plus it was Brewster so it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity

Our players surrounding the ref and Anel getting himself booked was just daft. No need for it

Was at home, I'm guessing 94/95? Could be wrong on the date. From memory Whitehouse gave him a slap across the chops.
Can't remember the slap but lots of pushing and shoving and Whitehouse shoved his head up against Nilsen's head....I remember Whitehouse absolutely fuming and taking some calming down.

I can't recall Blades on Blade pushing and shoving each other on the pitch. It would have summed our season up if Souza and Robinson both got sent off!
I had visions of the Kanu goal happening all over again, you could almost see it in the eyes of the wolves player as whether to kick the ball out or not.

I had visions of the Kanu goal happening all over again, you could almost see it in the eyes of the wolves player as whether to kick the ball out or not.

No, yellow as there was cover and he was on half way, plus it was Brewster so it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity

Our players surrounding the ref and Anel getting himself booked was just daft. No need for it
Amusing/annoying for me was the co-commentator (Beglin) saying that the United players shouldn't be remonstrating with the ref just before Anel got the yellow, then the next move when Mcatee got cleaned out on the edge of the area, deciding it couldn't have been a foul because there were no complaints from the United player.

Amusing/annoying for me was the co-commentator (Beglin) saying that the United players shouldn't be remonstrating with the ref just before Anel got the yellow, then the next move when Mcatee got cleaned out on the edge of the area, deciding it couldn't have been a foul because there were no complaints from the United player.
I switched my stream from Sky briefly when they were annoying me… to then hear Beglin and then quickly switched back

I thought yellow, but then when you see the space in front of him and the fact that Brewster and the ball were heading towards goal at speed, I actually wondered whether the other Wolves defender would have caught up with Brewster. A very close call.
What would be interesting to know is whether the ref considers the 2 players involved

If it was Dawson on the cover today against Brewster then he would be away so is that a red?
Whereas if it was Walker on the cover against McB, he could pop out for a swift pint and still catch him

For me the one today was too far from goal to be serious, like Collini on Saka , bad sportsmanship but good gamesmanship
IMG_3440.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom