CONFIRMED Ivo Grbic signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

End of the day we're never going to get a 'sure thing' goalkeeper in our position - we don't have the money for one, and the league table means anyone in that bracket will have more attractive offers on the table.

If the 2.5 mill fee is right, it's a relatively cheap gamble with a decent chance of him immediately improving the staring 11 and becoming our long term #1, and at bare minimum we end up with a better backup keeper than Davies.

Aye
Gets you thinking about how Egan & Norwood get on, or Jebbison & Trusty.
Given the ‘well known’ volatility of South Americans it’s to be hoped there have been no conflicts between Brasil & Chile to alleviate any chance of a training ground stramash between Souza/ Hamer & BBD ?
It's no wonder that Khadra was a flop is it. Amissah needs to keep his kopf down.

So 2 goalkeepers, that have both played for their respective countries at every level, have nothing in common in your opinionated mind then!?
Talk about nonsense.......
They are entirely different individuals from very different countries and with different career backgrounds. I’ll grant you that neither of them are English.

Sorry if spotted already but at the time we went for Ramsdale there was an article in the Athletic which quoted Tifo:

With uncertainty around Dean Henderson’s continued presence at Bramall Lane, a goalkeeper is rightly the priority area. Former Sheffield United player Aaron Ramsdale is an interesting prospect, doing fairly well behind a shaky defence at Bournemouth.

According to Statsbomb’s data, however, last season Ramsdale faced the 23rd most crosses into his box in Europe’s top five leagues, and only stopped 6.5 per cent of them, which is not the kind of presence United are looking for long-term.

Tifo’s suggestion is therefore 6ft 5in Croatian Ivo Grbic.

Although we don’t have cross data for him, he’s a big, brave goalkeeper who possesses exceptional reflexes and clever distribution, especially with throws. He conceded around five goals fewer than expected this past season on Wyscout’s model, helping Lokomotiva to a surprising high runners-up finish in the Croatian top flight.

Grbic is also likely to be relatively inexpensive: although he’s been capped at every age-group level he has yet to break into the national side.

Thanks Roygbiv, I think this is relevant to the quoted post but I'm not entirely sure 😂

Sorry if spotted already but at the time we went for Ramsdale there was an article in the Athletic which quoted Tifo:

With uncertainty around Dean Henderson’s continued presence at Bramall Lane, a goalkeeper is rightly the priority area. Former Sheffield United player Aaron Ramsdale is an interesting prospect, doing fairly well behind a shaky defence at Bournemouth.

According to Statsbomb’s data, however, last season Ramsdale faced the 23rd most crosses into his box in Europe’s top five leagues, and only stopped 6.5 per cent of them, which is not the kind of presence United are looking for long-term.

Tifo’s suggestion is therefore 6ft 5in Croatian Ivo Grbic.

Although we don’t have cross data for him, he’s a big, brave goalkeeper who possesses exceptional reflexes and clever distribution, especially with throws. He conceded around five goals fewer than expected this past season on Wyscout’s model, helping Lokomotiva to a surprising high runners-up finish in the Croatian top flight.

Grbic is also likely to be relatively inexpensive: although he’s been capped at every age-group level he has yet to break into the national side.

Well this is almost certainly the full extent of our scouting on him.

Yeah no one is saying he should be playing for them Oblak one of the best in the world. He’s played in bits so they’ll easy form an opinion.

I just don’t understand how we have got to the conclusion he’s the perfect signing for us.

We will see soon enoug
Because they have probably seen he's cheap, 6ft5, employed by atletico, he actually wants to come here for not mind blowing wages for the club. Given our recruitment from the foreign market recently (our recruitmentfull dtop tbf), it wouldn't surprise me if PM just threw a dart at a board full of random cheap European players and eh we got a new gk.

I have never heard or seen the lad play, so I have no idea what he's like and thus will reserve judgement when/if he plays for us.

Because they have probably seen he's cheap, 6ft5, employed by atletico, he actually wants to come here for not mind blowing wages for the club. Given our recruitment from the foreign market recently (our recruitmentfull dtop tbf), it wouldn't surprise me if PM just threw a dart at a board full of random cheap European players and eh we got a new gk.

I have never heard or seen the lad play, so I have no idea what he's like and thus will reserve judgement when/if he plays for us
I don't know anything about him but he must be shit to sign for us

I'm over there several times a year , mostly the dalmatia region .
Makarska , split, sibenik .
Serbs caused the war , it splr a union of countries ) ie - yugoslavia .
Croats hate Serbs as do
Bosnians
Slovenians
- Montenegro took the Serbs side .
Bosnians are a Muslim country , the rest strong catholics.
I'm there again in April, I can speak fairly fluent croat ., I can by . But rest assures Croats for a population of 4.5 million, roughly size of Wales can punch above their weight .

Croats hate Serbs as do
Bosnians
Slovenians
I'm there again in April, I can speak fairly fluent croat ., I can by . But rest assures Croats for a population of 4.5 million, roughly size of Wales can punch above their weight .
Ok...... anyways is he a good goal keeper?

Are we saying Ivo has butter fingers,are we saying he's 6'5" but jumps like Berge,or are we saying he dont like garlic butter spread on footballs.

No You said they just threw a dart at a board and decided on him
Well I didn't, I said it wouldn't surprise me if we did given our recruitment. I didn't actually say that's what they did.... 2nd time you have tried twisting words.

Well I didn't, I said it wouldn't surprise me if we did given our recruitment. I didn't actually say that's what they did.... 2nd time you have tried twisting words.
Yeah sorry for misrepresenting you that way
I didn't realise they hadn't actually thrown a dart at a board and decided to sign him based on that
Thanks for clearing up the confusion

Some slagging off the recruitment, the same recruitment that brought in Berge, Ndaiye, Anel, Hamer, Archer!

We cry about losing players but forget we actually brought them in and assume what? "We just got lucky"

That's 5 (2 of which have struggled at this level) out of how many in the last 5 years?

I have never heard or seen the lad play, so I have no idea what he's like and thus will reserve judgement when/if he plays for us.
Agreed, we’re fishing in a fairly small pond.

Available, cheap and willing to sign was the criteria Hecky quoted for Luke Thomas and I suspect we’re still in a similar position.

Croats hate Serbs as do
Bosnians
Slovenians
I like how not only have you referenced the war, you’ve written the post as if under gunfire 😂

Just joshing.

Some slagging off the recruitment, the same recruitment that brought in Berge, Ndaiye, Anel, Hamer, Archer!

We cry about losing players but forget we actually brought them in and assume what? "We just got lucky"

Just for a bit of clarity. It wasn't Paul Mitchell who brought Ndiaye to Sheffield United.

In fact the lad that recommended him to us had to really push for us to give him a chance as our scouting team said no

Just for a bit of clarity. It wasn't Paul Mitchell who brought Ndiaye to Sheffield United.

In fact the lad that recommended him to us had to really push for us to give him a chance as our scouting team said no
No surprise there. I think there more of the Dib Dib Dib scouts than the football scouts!!

He’s the head of recruitment…. Every decision good or bad goes through him. He signed him it’s a non argument.

I’m the biggest critic of our recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom