Stockport v Halifax - Ex blade mentions.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
A decent non league clash this one to be fair.... Stockport promoted as Champions, Halifax desperately wanting 3rd place..... it is on BT Sport if the Premier League is boring you and you long for something a bit more Roy of the rovers

But the main reason for starting this thread being the Blades connections again...... The main one being a player who in my opinion, thought he was better than what he actually was.... and in the end we had Blackburn's pants down, when they paid us an inflated £1m plus for him over 10 years ago.... How time flies......

After flooding at Blackburn, he floated around the lower leagues unspectacularly, before eventually dropping to the non league scene. He somehow found his way a little higher again with Morecambe, before dropping back down to the non-league again with Halifax Town.

Anyway, unsurprisingly he hasn't really impressed. But he must have found some sorted of career high, because he seems to have found his level and team this year at the ripe age of 30. He's managed double figures 😲😲.... yes, a massive 10 goals in 37 games this season!!

The other mention may well have been forgotten by some, as he was more youth product than anything...despite breaking into the first team fold a few years ago......Harvey Gilmour.

Anyway, it seems he's played a big part for Halifax this season...he started today's game on the bench, but came on the field 10 minutes ago...so will have a look at where he is as a player after the half time break.

He will no doubt be looking to impress today, because he is up against the Stockport team that he played for last year. He's only 23, so still has time to try and work himself back into a football league setup.

Last edited:

A decent non league clash this one to be fair.... Stockport promoted as Champions, Halifax desperately wanting 3rd place..... it is on BT Sport if the Premier League is boring you and you long for something a bit more Roy of the rovers

But the main reason for starting this thread being the Blades connections again...... The main one being a player who in my opinion, thought he was better than what he actually was.... and in the end we had Blackburn's pants down, when they paid us an inflated £1m plus for him over 10 years ago.... How time flies......

After flooding at Blackburn, he floated around the lower leagues unspectacularly, before eventually dropping to the non league scene. He somehow found his way a little higher again with Morecambe, before dropping back down to the non-league again with Halifax Town.

Anyway, unsurprisingly he hasn't really impressed. But he must have found some sorted of career high, because he seems to have found his level and team this year at the ripe age of 30. He's managed double figures 😲😲.... yes, a massive 10 goals in 37 games this season!!

The other mention may well have been forgotten by some, as he was more youth product than anything...despite breaking into the first team fold a few years ago.

Anyway, it seems he's played a big part for Halifax this season...he started today's game on the bench, but came on the field 10 minutes ago...so will have a look at where he is as a player after the half time break.

He will no doubt be looking to impress today, because he is up against the Stockport team that he played for last year. He's only 23, so still has time to try and work himself back into a football league setup.
WTF are you on abaht.???

More clubs than tiger woods. And hit the onion bag less than a no armed grocer.

Screenshot_20220515_172427_com.android.chrome.jpg
26 goals. My word.

It's a shame that Slew never pushed on. Took the money, set himself up for life, but missed out on what could have been a decent career.

He looked the real deal in the youth Cup and was the stand out Utd player in a team that contained Maguire, Kennedy, Long and Whitehouse. He bossed the Man Utd defence (this was the youth team that had Pogba, Morrison, Lingard, the Keane brothers and.. Sean McGinty.

It's a shame that Slew never pushed on. Took the money, set himself up for life, but missed out on what could have been a decent career.

He looked the real deal in the youth Cup and was the stand out Utd player in a team that contained Maguire, Kennedy, Long and Whitehouse. He bossed the Man Utd defence (this was the youth team that had Pogba, Morrison, Lingard, the Keane brothers and.. Sean McGinty.
He had potential, but I never believed him to be as big as all the hype.

For instance.... measure him up against more recent prospects like Ndiaye, Jebbison and Osula?... I don't believe him to have been any better than them lot.... and then ones who slipped under the radar such as Calvert Lewin. I personally can honestly say that I didn't see the player he is now in him back then..... but I'm not an expert.

I did need to check it was the same Slew, but given my location I don't really care

Did some work at his house at Gleadless found him to be a bit of an arrogant tosser & Mrs a proper WAG tbh.. can’t really back that up with that scoring record can he

Back
Top Bottom