How did Souza play?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bell4

Reaction score
Didn’t get a chance to see or hear the game yesterday

How did Souza play ?

There were moments when Souza intelligently anticipated play, stepped into the right position and snuffed out a potential attack. Sadly they were rare and too often he was a passenger while the game happened around him. I still hope he will turn out to be a good player but his lack of mobility is a problem.

https://twitter.com/FotMob?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@FotMob</a> <br>87% Passing accuracy<br>100% dribbling success<br>5 clearances <br>5 recoveries <br>3 interceptions 2/2 aerial duels won<br>A rock in the middle of the park 🇧🇷 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/twitterblades?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#twitterblades</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/sufc?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#sufc</a> <a href="https://t.co/Bx9u5g826d">pic.twitter.com/Bx9u5g826d</a></p>&mdash; All Things Sheffield United (@AllThingsBlades) <a href="">September 16, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Apart from a 20-30 minute cameo against Forest I’ve been very disappointed by Souza. Just doesn’t seem to be at it and doesn’t get involved.

Apart from a 20-30 minute cameo against Forest I’ve been very disappointed by Souza. Just doesn’t seem to be at it and doesn’t get involved.
I disagree with this somewhat. I don't think we put enough trust in him to take the ball in certain situations and we need to do it more. At the moment we make two or three passes, lose our bottle then end up punting it up the other end. Souza looks, to me, quite capable of taking the ball from the centre halves, full backs and keeping it under pressure. If we want to build attacks with a little more patience then we should look to use him more.

As noted on another thread I don't think we'll see the best of him with Norwood beside him. If we can have someone with a bit more mobility I'd expect him to come into his own a little more.

I disagree with this somewhat. I don't think we put enough trust in him to take the ball in certain situations and we need to do it more. At the moment we make two or three passes, lose our bottle then end up punting it up the other end. Souza looks, to me, quite capable of taking the ball from the centre halves, full backs and keeping it under pressure. If we want to build attacks with a little more patience then we should look to use him more.

As noted on another thread I don't think we'll see the best of him with Norwood beside him. If we can have someone with a bit more mobility I'd expect him to come into his own a little more.
I do hope you’re right I had very high hopes for him but sadly seen little to support that up to now.
I should add that Sunday probably isn’t the best game to judge him on as everyone pretty much had stinkers.

Haven’t seen him getting his foot in like he did at Forest, but is one of the few players who is calm on the ball and can move it on.

Don’t believe Norwood and Souza should be starting together, look like they’re getting in each others way to me and can’t play together. Got to drop Norwood IMO.

Think he will be excellent in the Championship. But the PL is a step too high for him.

Anyone who thinks we're getting our money back for this fella is deluded. 10m sunk

And it doesn't get much better with the other signings. What is it, about 22m for Souza, Trusty, Traore and Slim Man? Absolutely shocking

I expected better value out of this lot, Trusty aside

Anyone who thinks we're getting our money back for this fella is deluded. 10m sunk

And it doesn't get much better with the other signings. What is it, about 22m for Souza, Trusty, Traore and Slim Man? Absolutely shocking

I expected better value out of this lot, Trusty aside
Our recruitment expert, Mitchell, should have been sacked years ago

A 4-5m punt on someone like Traore I can somewhat accept but 15m on Souza and Trusty when you have a small budget is a shocking effort

Seriously when was the last time we signed someone who was an upgrade on the man before? Norwood???

Our recruitment is a disgrace
Apart from illiman through the youth I think Norwood was our last decent midfielder we bought 😢 😭 😄

Seriously when was the last time we signed someone who was an upgrade on the man before? Norwood???

Our recruitment is a disgrace
Sacrilege. Untried new signings, returning crocks and youth team players are all an upgrade on Norwood apparently

He was better in the 2nd half. Didn't look like he was keeping up with the play in the 1st though.

Because of Doyle’s wage demands, particularly on the relegation clause.
If you are right and in the know, which you are not, it’s a certain kind of stupidity to baulk at increasing Doyle’s wages, and reducing his relegation clause, in favour of buying someone for 10 mill,who doesn’t make half the contribution to the team, but is cheap on wages.
A lesson for you there! Time to stop buying lynx aftershave, if you want a bit of success.

If you are right and in the know, which you are not, it’s a certain kind of stupidity to baulk at increasing Doyle’s wages, and reducing his relegation clause, in favour of buying someone for 10 mill,who doesn’t make half the contribution to the team, but is cheap on wages.
A lesson for you there! Time to stop buying lynx aftershave, if you want a bit of success.
Are you going to stump up the difference in wages then? That’s good of you 😊

Game of two halves for him, he was much better in the second half but you could argue with the game already gone West Ham made it easier. Not sure why he’s getting targeted so much when his midfield partner Hamer has tret the ball like a grenade in his last two appearances.

Back
Top Bottom