Can someone explain the offside rule please?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So in conclusion Sousa was off and we can’t defend.

I can't stand VAR as much as the next guy. The majority of it's use seems to be related to offside goals, most of which are marginal because if it's clear then the line linesman call it correctly as a rule.

Out of interest does the PL have any say on how it chooses to use VAR such as whether it even chooses to have VAR, and how often that it is relied upon?

We've had it ho both ways but I do feel that whether it goes against us or not VAR has definitely taken away more than what it has added.

Finally, the injury time were now subjected to be of plus ten minutes on a regular basis, is that a PL thing or across all of the top leagues?

The first game I went to this season (in League Two) had +6 and +8. The Northern Premier League game I was at on Friday had a +8. Actually adding on stoppages properly rather than making it up as you go along seems universal

The first game I went to this season (in League Two) had +6 and +8. The Northern Premier League game I was at on Friday had a +8. Actually adding on stoppages properly rather than making it up as you go along seems universal
Why does it have to be so clouded in secrecy until the end of 45 mins though? Surely it can't be beyond the current technology to have a clock that stops and is linked to the refs watch?

Why does it have to be so clouded in secrecy until the end of 45 mins though? Surely it can't be beyond the current technology to have a clock that stops and is linked to the refs watch?

I don't think anyone disagrees with you that either a running count of time to be added which is shown on the scoreboard, or for the timer to literally be stopped as it is in rugby (both of which are for all intents and purposes the same thing) would be an improvement. My point is more that not only is it being applied at all levels and not just "ooh, let's have the PL fuck over Sheffield United" (not that I'm suggesting you're saying that), and that it's merely a case of if a substitution takes a minute they actually add on a minute, rather than "ok, a sub, let's call that 30 seconds"

I don't think anyone disagrees with you that either a running count of time to be added which is shown on the scoreboard, or for the timer to literally be stopped as it is in rugby (both of which are for all intents and purposes the same thing) would be an improvement. My point is more that not only is it being applied at all levels and not just "ooh, let's have the PL fuck over Sheffield United" (not that I'm suggesting you're saying that), and that it's merely a case of if a substitution takes a minute they actually add on a minute, rather than "ok, a sub, let's call that 30 seconds"
Yeah I agree, I actually like that they are adding the time on when it's wasted. Stopping the clock is such an obvious solution that I can't understand why they wouldn't do it? It would take all the controversy out of it, players and fans would know exactly how long is left and when any added time was incurred.

Bleedin hell. It doesn’t. It’s not rugby, the “motion” of the ball doesn’t come into it. It’s the position of the receiving player at the time the pass is made and nowt else
Got to disagree with you pal…….you can’t be offside if the ball is played backwards

Oh yes it does
We could go on all day like this, but no it doesn’t. The failure to understand the basic rules of football on this forum beggars belief. Some of the utter drivel I’ve read on this thread (other than it beimg WUMs) makes me despair.

We could go on all day like this, but no it doesn’t. The failure to understand the basic rules of football on this forum beggars belief. Some of the utter drivel I’ve read on this thread (other than it beimg WUMs) makes me despair.
But Sir, please Sir……don’t go completely overboard and bust a blood vessel over something as boring as the offside rule.
Anyway, check Section 67 if the Referees Act 2021 and come back and apologise 🤪

But Sir, please Sir……don’t go completely overboard and bust a blood vessel over something as boring as the offside rule.
Anyway, check Section 67 if the Referees Act 2021 and come back and apologise 🤪
You quote it If you want. The ball doesn’t only have to go forward for you to be offside. I’ll leave it there. The rest of you can continue the debate if you want.

Here we go again! :D

Feel free to quote the law which states that mate
Blimey, haven’t you got other things to worry about in your life? 13 minutes to say the same thing you’ve said several times before, we had more added time on Saturday.

You’re very welcome on here by the way, just change the record 🙂

Blimey, haven’t you got other things to worry about in your life? 13 minutes to say the same thing you’ve said several times before, we had more added time on Saturday.

You’re very welcome on here by the way, just change the record 🙂

If people reply, I’ll reply 😅 I’m courteous like that

Back
Top Bottom