How did Souza play?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Depends what you're looking for, and if you know what you're watching. Souza was excellent today, while the other midfielders were strolling, he was always available, he got tackles in and he kept the ball moving.

I know it's not popular praising a player when we've just been stiffed, but it does make me wonder if some of you fuckers make your mind up who you're going to slag off before the game starts.

Depends what you're looking for, and if you know what you're watching. Souza was excellent today, while the other midfielders were strolling, he was always available, he got tackles in and he kept the ball moving.

I know it's not popular praising a player when we've just been stiffed, but it does make me wonder if some of you fuckers make your mind up who you're going to slag off before the game starts.
He was better than Hamer and McAtee today but that isn’t saying much.

I’m not particularly impressed with what I’ve seen from Souza so far though. No matter who he is marking they seem able to just jog past him and he doesn’t track them.

None of the midfield 3 could have complaints if they were dropped. It’s a shame we didn’t get our business done in July so hecky could find his best 11 before the season started.

I’m not particularly impressed with what I’ve seen from Souza so far though. No matter who he is marking they seem able to just jog past him and he doesn’t track them.

None of the midfield 3 could have complaints if they were dropped. It’s a shame we didn’t get our business done in July so hecky could find his best 11 before the season started.

Problem is he's having to try and mark 3 players as Hamer and McAtee simply don't do that stuff. Oh and I agree about getting signings done earlier but even now, Hecky has his favourites because no way should Bash be coming on ahead of Trusty.

Out of all todays midfielders only slimane and davies came out of the game with any positives, mcatee very poor, hamer looked as if hes carrying a knock, souza appears ponderous, but give them time , maybe try 4 in the middle to give them options

Highlights are only two minutes long and most of his screentime is him letting his runners storm past him as he casually jogs along. A CDM is meant to afford the defence some protection at least. His effort to get back on both goals was laughable.

So far I've thought Souza was mediocre at best but today was easily his best performance for us and he was our best starting midfielder by a long way.

Hamer was shocking and McAtee can't defend.

If we are trying to be more solid in midfield I'd go with Slimane and Davies to start with Souza at Fulham and keep McAtee and Hamer as impact subs

Didn't see the game today so can't comment but in the previous games (last week doesn't count as a game) I have been impressed as I think his protection of the back 3 has been good and close touch interplay with hamer was promising. Problem is some fans are wanting that as well as Norwood passing, and berges direct running, and Illy's class. Not going to happen.

£10m in today's money is nothing.

Highlights are only two minutes long and most of his screentime is him letting his runners storm past him as he casually jogs along. A CDM is meant to afford the defence some protection at least. His effort to get back on both goals was laughable.

Aah, selected highlights two minutes long. Well done on basing your opinion on that 👍. Fuck me, some of you lot need to get a grip.

Aah, selected highlights two minutes long. Well done on basing your opinion on that 👍. Fuck me, some of you lot need to get a grip.

Key defensive interventions are his job. If he hasn’t got the legs, heart or brain to track a midfield runner he’s chocolate fire guard territory.

Highlights didn’t show Wes’s kicking, but that’s immaterial.

Key defensive interventions are his job. If he hasn’t got the legs, heart or brain to track a midfield runner he’s chocolate fire guard territory.

Highlights didn’t show Wes’s kicking, but that’s immaterial.

Stick with the 2 minute highlights pal, you haven't got a fucking clue.

So far I've thought Souza was mediocre at best but today was easily his best performance for us and he was our best starting midfielder by a long way.

Hamer was shocking and McAtee can't defend.

If we are trying to be more solid in midfield I'd go with Slimane and Davies to start with Souza at Fulham and keep McAtee and Hamer as impact subs
Watch the highlights you’ll edit this

I’d like to see Slimane given a start, I think he’s looked an upgrade when he’s come on and moves the ball a bit quicker and with greater attacking intent.

We are far too ponderous and risk averse when our midfield are in possession and far too slow to pick a forward pass. we are trying to retain possession, at all cost but we play exactly the same style even when we’re getting beat 2 or 3 nil? Souza for his part, is very slow and when he does run back, he looks like he’s towing a caravan.

I think Souza has been used to being the big strong bruiser in the leagues he's played in and expected it to continue that way. Unfortunately the premier league is full of genuinely strong athletes and it's come as a bit of a shock.

Bowen isn't a big lad but compare him to Thomas, Robinson, or Mcatee, and the difference is night and day. Our players just bounced off him and that is what we've struggled with in every game.

I watched a bit of the game last night, and while Diaby isn't particularly good (and obviously had a bit of a shocker) he's fucking massive and we don't have anyone like that. He'd probably improve our starting 11 just by being big.

For a "big and physical" side, the way opposition fans and pundits describe us, we don't actually have anyone that's big or physical.

I think last week was the worst performance I've ever seen a United player turn in.

hamer and mcatee cant be in the same side for away games if were gonna play archer and mcburnie

Am I going mad here Bergen Blade ? :)

I’m trying to be objective and generally quite optimistic. Appreciate the midfield three is completely unbalanced. I must be missing something!

I watched a bit of the game last night, and while Diaby isn't particularly good (and obviously had a bit of a shocker) he's fucking massive and we don't have anyone like that. He'd probably improve our starting 11 just by being big.
Preston fans said Diaby was shite. Wendies are pretty unanimous that he is absolute shite.
Are you on the wind-up?

Has looked decent to me but people expect him to be Rodrigo

It was in his gift to get near Bowen for the first goal and challenge him, he either chose not or couldn't get there, either reasons aren't exactly encouraging.

Not a hundred percent sure what that means but if you watch McAtee he gives the ball away then watches Bowen run past him. Thomas is missing in action and Egan and Anel leave it to each other. That was a really poor team goal to concede, the blame for Souza was minimal.

Not a hundred percent sure what that means but if you watch McAtee he gives the ball away then watches Bowen run past him. Thomas is missing in action and Egan and Anel leave it to each other. That was a really poor team goal to concede, the blame for Souza was minimal.
Anel was wrestling with egans man while he went walkabout
If they hadnt scored it probably would have been a pen ,anel needs to stop that shit

If you are right and in the know, which you are not, it’s a certain kind of stupidity to baulk at increasing Doyle’s wages, and reducing his relegation clause, in favour of buying someone for 10 mill,who doesn’t make half the contribution to the team, but is cheap on wages.
A lesson for you there! Time to stop buying lynx aftershave, if you want a bit of success.

Gerrit spent, gerrit all spent. Even if we ain’t got it…….

Back
Top Bottom