General transfers/rumours

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fuck me. What a load of simplistic garbage.

Adams better than Hanson, Lavery...Sharp better than all of em....Evans isn't good enough..oh yes he is....Clarke has never cut it blah blah fucking blah.

It's very simple.

Certain managers pick up players to fulfill specific roles and suit their style of play.

So, Clough picked up Adams based on his raw ability hoping to mound him into a player and keep his fucking ego in check.
Adkins didn't know how to do that, or mouldy a team with a style of play by the way. But that's another story.
Wilder however looked at Adams, looked at his value and decided he would get rid as the money would allow him to bring in players that suit his style of play. Adams would never have played under Wilder and what value he had would have just dropped. He was lazy, lacked a football brain and didn't perform roles defined by the manager. He was a loose cannon basically...a talented one granted but too raw and too much hassle.

Wilder has then brought in players to do certain roles. Adams for example couldn't do the job Hanson did...or Sharp did. He didn't have the brains to do what Done did in pressuring defenders at the right times. He was a headless chicken...I repeat, who had no football brain.

So all this arguing over who is best...is shite. Because they are only as good as how they are deployed, and their value is just their value to the team they are at.
The money paid for Adams was paid for potential. £1.8m is about right for me. But in the same breath it means some other talent like Brooks is equally valuable based on potential alone.

So here it is...the answer.
As far as strikers are concerned, it's all down to finishing, linking play and working hard.
All of our strikers will put the ball in the net if presented with a chance, and it doesn't matter what league they are in cod the goals are the same size and there is still only one keeper to beat.
Some strikers are better at finishing than others, but nobody on here is going to convince me that Clarke, Evans and Sharp can't finish as their records suggest otherwise. Lavery is a maybe as he's not really been settled and playing to show it.

He's started games for Everton in the premier league. Including the merseyside derby. What is he? 19/20? Oh only average at international level how rubbish he must be, despite scoring the winning goal. Yeah, in hindsight I don't think many predicted he'd do quite this much at a higher level after leaving, but £1m is an absolute steal in this day and age. Lookman went to Everton for £9m and has played less games o_O

Save your breath mate, it's pointless

A club and fan base that cannot see anything beyond the magic one million pound threshold because of their small time attitude doesn't deserve any success

No surprise we haven't had any

All of our strikers will put the ball in the net if presented with a chance

Too right they will. There is nowt wrong with the strikers we have at the club at the moment. Each have their strengths, each will bring something a little different to the table, and I have no doubts that each one will prove their worth next season. If any show that the championship is a bit above their talents then trust CW to see this and remedy this quickly if necessary. Other clubs might have spent more on their strikers and some will be better than some of ours, but having seen what the championship had to offer last season, i reckon they will all contribute with vital goals and assists for the team.

On the subject of Adams, I never really rated him tbh. Blew too much hot and cold and I whilst i he is still a relative young man, he hasnt pulled up any trees with the Brummies. I certainly don't miss him playing for Utd. That said, that's only my opinion and others clearly disagree. Just because they do it doesn't make them wrong and me right or vica versa.

As an observation, its clear that some posters on here really do take themselves far too seriously. Perhaps they would be well served to take the odd moment to try to see the other side of the debate before they wade in with the 'I know everything and I'm a bigger Blade / smarter than you' attitude. A bit of reasoned debate is all good. Some posts and some posters do come across as pretty petulant and childish at times. Naming no names of course!

Too right they will. There is nowt wrong with the strikers we have at the club at the moment. Each have their strengths, each will bring something a little different to the table, and I have no doubts that each one will prove their worth next season. If any show that the championship is a bit above their talents then trust CW to see this and remedy this quickly if necessary. Other clubs might have spent more on their strikers and some will be better than some of ours, but having seen what the championship had to offer last season, i reckon they will all contribute with vital goals and assists for the team.

On the subject of Adams, I never really rated him tbh. Blew too much hot and cold and I whilst i he is still a relative young man, he hasnt pulled up any trees with the Brummies. I certainly don't miss him playing for Utd. That said, that's only my opinion and others clearly disagree. Just because they do it doesn't make them wrong and me right or vica versa.

As an observation, its clear that some posters on here really do take themselves far too seriously. Perhaps they would be well served to take the odd moment to try to see the other side of the debate before they wade in with the 'I know everything and I'm a bigger Blade / smarter than you' attitude. A bit of reasoned debate is all good. Some posts and some posters do come across as pretty petulant and childish at times. Naming no names of course! (Pinchy!)
Fixed it for you mate :)

With Brookes going the other way probably.

Not sure that deal would make any sense for us at all, we've already got two LB's who will compete for the position, Brookes may be in demand but I can't as a swap involving another LB.

There's so many shitty clickbait sites out there.

FLW and HITC are two that should be avoided.

Unless the rumours are with the Sheffield media, or SKY, I don't even bother reading/listening.
Most of their 'journalists' are literally under 18 years old. It's embarrassing

Save your breath mate, it's pointless

A club and fan base that cannot see anything beyond the magic one million pound threshold because of their small time attitude doesn't deserve any success

No surprise we haven't had any

jermaine_johnson.jpg

latest

I'm not suggesting that people should be stopped from posting... it just annoys me.

...and ignoring isn't an option. :)

No, the silly fuckers will think they've got a clue unless someone disabuses them of the notion.

Mmmm. I think he may have had you in mind, young fella....
I really doubt it. Take note of the 'like' Mr Arrogant. But I guess it's hard to see when your head is so firmly lodged up your rectum.

Leeds have made a couple of interesting signings.

Saiz is a very good player according to DAZZLER on Twitter who's seen him against Girona. Apparently cost about 3 million euros.

Ekuban looks very black and pacy.

There's so many shitty clickbait sites out there.

FLW and HITC are two that should be avoided.

Unless the rumours are with the Sheffield media, or SKY, I don't even bother reading/listening.
the 72 weblog and this is futbol are no better either

Everton kid may have been released after coming to end of his first pro contract.

Doesn't mean he would be coming for the first team, maybe an ,u/23 player.

Or more likely just shite

It's not insane pricing it's now the going rate. Slightly over £1m each for DCL and Che was criminal as I said repeatedly at the time. All credit to the club for how they used the money, because it got us up, but they were both worth more. Brook's in today's market will be our record incoming transfer fee by a country mile

value.png

It's not insane pricing it's now the going rate. Slightly over £1m each for DCL and Che was criminal as I said repeatedly at the time. All credit to the club for how they used the money, because it got us up, but they were both worth more. Brook's in today's market will be our record incoming transfer fee by a country mile
When you were repeating yourself last time didn't anyone point out that both were closer to £2m than 'slightly over £1m'.

Leeds have made a couple of interesting signings.

Saiz is a very good player according to DAZZLER on Twitter who's seen him against Girona. Apparently cost about 3 million euros.

Ekuban looks very black and pacy.

Makes you wonder if Wood is on his way to Boro

Back
Top Bottom