General transfers/rumours

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Holmes signed a new deal yesterday.
The almost suicidal blubberings from a couple of posters has been daily for about a month.
Rodley implied they were pigs. I've just said that they're not.

There is a massive difference in having an opinion and trying to what seemingly feels like building a negativity towards the club that we just don't need.

I'm not convinced this topic falls into this bracket but In other cases I want to believe that some of the stuff I read is not from blades... because it's total moronic bullshit.

...then again I can't believe some of the stuff I hear from the people sat around me on a match day... so it's highly possible that I'm arguing with people Ive been sat next to for years on a Saturday. :(:)
Yeah that's true, some of the things posted on here have been laughable, especially after the season we've just had. I just think no matter what happens certain people will always moan as shown on here.

We could sign Messi and they will say he's too small, too old, too Argentinian.. Don't fuel the fire and they will eventually get bored. We're all blades aren't we :D

Doesn't mean he isn't a better player than every striker we've got bar Billy

Make sure you exclude Bladey Bill, eh?

Tufty had no plans to play Adams last season. He would have hired a stretch limo to get him to Birmingham. As for cap-doffing fucking 'Birmingham' fans. Dear, oh dear...

You really do need an injection of experience, common sense and humility. You also need to understand that many of us have seen Adams play.

Personal abuse is against forum rules - infraction given
Make sure you exclude Bladey Bill, eh?

Tufty had no plans to play Adams last season. He would have hired a stretch limo to get him to Birmingham. As for cap-doffing fucking 'Birmingham' fans. Dear, oh dear...

You really do need an injection of experience, common sense and humility. You also need to understand that many of us have seen Adams play.
What's Sharp being a blade got to do with it you massive cock end?
More to do with the fact he's just put away 30 goals in a season.

So 7 goals for Adams is doing well at championship level whilst 10 goals for Evans (Norwich) and 9 goals with us in a relegated team under 4 different managers means he’s never done it? I’d say a fully fit and firing Ched Evans is better than Che Adams. The big question though is whether he will ever be fully fit and firing again.
Judging on last season you've got your answer. I would have never signed him back.

Adams played a lot of last season out wide btw whereas Evans was always upfront. That summer we ALL wouldve been over the moon to get shut. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Wrong.

I know at least one that would have been well peed off.

Same with Coutts
Basham pre-Wilder was very easily replaceable. Same goes with Coutts for that matter.

Different story now.

Yeah that's true, some of the things posted on here have been laughable, especially after the season we've just had. I just think no matter what happens certain people will always moan as shown on here.

We could sign Messi and they will say he's too small, too old, too Argentinian.. Don't fuel the fire and they will eventually get bored. We're all blades aren't we :D

Yes, but some of them are fucking idiotic Blades with less intelligence than an amoeba, balanced by an insatiable desire to rubbish our own club and elevate other clubs to ludicrous heights, so they can give their forelocks a tug so hard it would dislodge RugRon's syrup. They demonstrate it day in, day out. One or two of us point out the obvious truth and in response they merely redouble their idiocy.

It's the Bladesfans' Way. They are an embarrassment.

Or that he thinks having all 4 of them for less than the price he sold Adams for, coupled with the fact that Adams didn’t want to be here meant that’s what was best for the club. Not necessarily a reflection on Adams’ ability.
Precisely. I'm not disputing the fact we've spent the money well and Adams had his mind on the move from January onwards.

We were going to sell Adams either way if we were offered 2 million. Luckily Wilder got a fair proportion of the budget and spread it along with the DCL money to put towards 3 different strikers rather than what Adams gave us.

I just dread to think how good Adams could have been under Wilder. It's a shame we'll never find out.

Judging on last season you've got your answer. I would have never signed him back.

Adams played a lot of last season out wide btw whereas Evans was always upfront. That summer we ALL wouldve been over the moon to get shut. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Evans spent some time under Adams playing on the right of a front 3 in our relegation season but I take your point that he was generally up front. Getting shut that summer? I had mixed feelings. I thought he'd do well in league 1 (didn't realise just quite how well mind) but thought his reported £20k a week wages were far too much.

No mirrors at Pinchy Towers then?

You never let me down, mate, but I refuse not to like you. You're worth a thousand of the fucking numpties who are presently embarrassing themselves and our club on a daily basis.

Yes, but some of them are fucking idiotic Blades with less intelligence than an amoeba, balanced by an insatiable desire to rubbish our own club and elevate other clubs to ludicrous heights, so they can give their forelocks a tug so hard it would dislodge RugRon's syrup. They demonstrate it day in, day out. One or two of us point out the obvious truth and in response they merely redouble their idiocy.

It's the Bladesfans' Way. They are an embarrassment.
Coming from the bloke that absolutely kills stone dead any idea of our youth prospects getting any game time and has his own little parody for when people suggest it that's quite a hypocritical comment. But you are full of them.

Precisely. I'm not disputing the fact we've spent the money well and Adams had his mind on the move from January onwards.

We were going to sell Adams either way if we were offered 2 million. Luckily Wilder got a fair proportion of the budget and spread it along with the DCL money to put towards 3 different strikers rather than what Adams gave us.

I just dread to think how good Adams could have been under Wilder. It's a shame we'll never find out.

Fair point but I sense that Wilder reached the judgement that he couldn't be that good under him because he wasn't made of the right stuff mentally. But we agree that there was (and still is) a tonne of raw potential to work with there if he gets his head right.

Tufty didn't rate him at all. Please, just occasionally, listen and learn. You're making yourself look a fool, fawning over a mediocre young footballer.

Evans spent some time under Adams playing on the right of a front 3 in our relegation season but I take your point that he was generally up front. Getting shut that summer? I had mixed feelings. I thought he'd do well in league 1 (didn't realise just quite how well mind) but thought his reported £20k a week wages were far too much.
League one came at the right time for him. He'd have got another couple of seasons in the championship (prison permitting obviously) based on his form for Norwich a few years prior and would've never hit the volume of goals he did.

Shame what happened to him really. I think he'd probably be in the premier league had that daft bint and jury not got him wrongly locked up.

Tufty didn't rate him at all. Please, just occasionally, listen and learn. You're making yourself look a fool, fawning over a mediocre young footballer.
You're proving to be quite the bladey blade you despise. you might wanna reign it in a bit.

Fair point but I sense that Wilder reached the judgement that he couldn't be that good under him because he wasn't made of the right stuff mentally. But we agree that there was (and still is) a tonne of raw potential to work with there if he gets his head right.
Understandable to be fair; he had a bit of an ego from day one and an arrogance. A lot of top players have it, he clearly thought he was something before we was but I have met him (and McNulty) and they're actually really nice kids. Just liked a sup a bit too much.

We'll see how much he's improved this season as I think Redknapp rates him and we'll be seeing him at least twice.

Without examples of what you're highlighting it's impossible to comment, but you cannot prevent people from writing about anything they want, it's the reason why this Forum is so highly regarded.

Maybe if you see the screen name of someone you regard as a 'moaner', ignore their posts?
I'm not suggesting that people should be stopped from posting... it just annoys me.

...and ignoring isn't an option. :)

What's Sharp being a blade got to do with it you massive cock end?
More to do with the fact he's just put away 30 goals in a season.

You describe yourself as an 'Unknowing 7 year member'. I dont know about the time period but the rest is a wonderfully accurate self assessment.

One of the things that a bit of experience will bring you, should you ever get any, is the realisation that you should not stray out of your depth; neither should you pick fights you cannot win.

Your abuse is very poor. It is reactive, unimaginative and hackneyed. Believe me, I've had plenty and am well-equipped to make the assessment. I've heard better on Radio Sheffield.

You have a great deal to learn, but no apparent desire to do so. An unfortunate combination.

I'm not suggesting that people should be stopped from posting... it just annoys me.

...and ignoring isn't an option. :)

That made me smile......seriously though, there are posters and threads that get up my hooter but there are far more important things to concern myself with.

Rather then treat the forum, or life in general, like an emotional minefield, just allow them that like a moan to get their concerns off their chests, generally it amounts to nothing and all we wait for is the next 'earth-shattering' problem to take it's place.....and so on.

You describe yourself as an 'Unknowing 7 year member'. I dont know about the time period but the rest is a wonderfully accurate self assessment.

One of the things that a bit of experience will bring you, should you ever get any, is the realisation that you should not stray out of your depth; neither should you pick fights you cannot win.

Your abuse is very poor. It is reactive, unimaginative and hackneyed. Believe me, I've had plenty and am well-equipped to make the assessment. I've heard better on Radio Sheffield.

You have a great deal to learn, but no apparent desire to do so. An unfortunate combination.

Argos car park.
The traditional way to resolve intra Blade differences.

League one came at the right time for him. He'd have got another couple of seasons in the championship (prison permitting obviously) based on his form for Norwich a few years prior and would've never hit the volume of goals he did.

Shame what happened to him really. I think he'd probably be in the premier league had that daft bint and jury not got him wrongly locked up.

Without wanting to rake over old ground, the decision to a) charge Evans and b) find him guilty had nothing to do with the complainant. It was a CPS decision to prosecute.

Good job Wilders in charge and not you then.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that saw the value in both of those players.

Nope, I long believed that there was a proper footballer in Coutts and that Basham was better at centre half. My concern with the former was fitness; the latter is that he gets bullied by physical centre forwards but the 3-5-2 system has been a revelation for both. Quote below from the aftermath of Clough's departure:
Coutts is clearly a technically gifted footballer but equally he's clearly coming back from a serious injury and is lacking match sharpness. I'm surprised that he started pretty much every game when it was pretty obvious that his fitness wasn't good enough.

I didn't go to Swindon - first day in the new job - so watched from the comfort of my sofa. Coutts played well, particularly in possession, but his off the ball workrate has to improve - this is a fitness issue.

Basham pre-Wilder was very easily replaceable. Same goes with Coutts for that matter.

Different story now.
WOT no Basham or Murphy?

Simply saying that Coutts was a class above the rest of our team last season in terms of quality but he was drowning in a sea of mediocrity, not that he kept us up single handedly as Cockerill did

Just to show that I'm not a "wise after the event" type of guy. :)

Basham on not being in the team of the year 2015 and Coutts at the back end of 2015/16 season.

John, can I call you John. Simmer tiger, you're starting to believe the hype

Deary me, I can imagine you are quite the giggle at parties.

Out of interest - do you have a hobby?
If it's watching football try and get a new one. It leaves you very stressed and quite frankly quite arrogant.

This is the same bloke who wouldve had gunk coming out of his eyes, seething at the fact Walker, Naughton, Lowton and Maguire were making their debuts. I can picture the scene now. 'GIVEMARUN GIVEMALLARUN' Pinchy squeals at the top of his lungs, as tears fall rapidly down his cheeks, he clenches his fists in anger.

Good job Wilders in charge and not you then.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that saw the value in both of those players.
I saw value in them but they were replacable before Wilder brought them on leaps and bounds. Not many people at all wouldve complained had we got shut.

And we did try to get rid of Coutts in the summer actually, he was transfer listed. No one would take a punt due to his performances for us and fitness. He's always been a proper player that was never in question.

You never let me down, mate, but I refuse not to like you. You're worth a thousand of the fucking numpties who are presently embarrassing themselves and our club on a daily basis.

Praise indeed and thank you oh great one for sparing me.

From this point henceforth, I vow to be more worthy and pay homage to your wise words.

Blessed are the cheese makers!

Back
Top Bottom