General transfers/rumours

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I guess by saying I don't think Hanson will do much for us next season must make me a pig, oink, oink, oink, time for some more swill

Don't be so childish.

Saying he 'won't do much' is fair enough in my book and you aren't just slagging him off before the season has even started like some. As it happens, I don't think he will play that often but will come off the bench and give us a different option.

He's right that anyone on here who disagrees with the main stream is a automatically regarded as a pig, its embarrassingly narrow minded and we must look stupid on here to outsiders ffs
I guess by saying I don't think Hanson will do much for us next season must make me a pig, oink, oink, oink, time for some more swill

So do you think Adams is better than all our other strikers bar Billy?

Adams technically and individually is a better player than any of our current strikers. However, football is not an individual game (with a couple of notable exceptions): as a team player I'd rather have any of our current bunch of strikers as they are better able to follow the tactical instructions.

Under Adkins, Adams was fine as it appeared that Adkins' approach was to get the best individual players on the pitch and hope that the results would follow. Wilder and Knill are far more meticulous and this means that instructions have to be followed. Adams is no good at that.

I think we got a great deal on Adams as he was not,and still isn't, a £1million player. As for DCL,the jury is still out for me and I am not convinced at all by him

Personally I think Adams is the more natural talent and has all the physical gifts to be a very good player but his attitude seems to be holding him back. DCL on the other hand seems a good kid determined to make a good career for himself despite having less immediately apparent ability.

I predict DCL will go further out of the two which in a way is a shame because Adams could be as good as he wants to be.

.... and that means he is worth over £1million ? Really ? Aren't you forgetting that his overall play was very average through the tournament ?

I’d say the fact that at 19 he gets game time for a top half Premier League side suggests his value in the market is probably wildly in excess of £1million. That said, I still think he looks a million miles away from the finished article and is still about 90% potential.

Never miss a chance to stick the knife into United do you,How about career goals,how many has Che scored compared to Leon say,or Ched who has been robbed of 4 years of his career,Chris made the right decision selling Che for the money received,last season proved he called it correct

I’d say, in the circumstances of Adams showing a poor attitude and wanting away, then yeah, Wilder made the right call to get rid and generate some funds to strengthen the team. But that doesn’t make Adams garbage as some have said on here. The kid still has absolutely enormous potential and if a manager can give his head a wobble and get him to knuckle down (obviously this is also largely down to Che himself) then he could still be a hell of a player. When he burst on the scene with us at 18, the world was his oyster. That ability hasn’t vanished. He just needs to show the required desire to fulfil his potential.

Basham only kicked on under Wilders tutelage. Not one person would have been bothered had we got shut in august.

I would have. I’ve always been a Basham defender as his versatility and attitude are valuable to the team. I agree though that he has improved further under Wilder. That said, I think he’s still been in the top 2 or 3 in the POTY votes each year he’s been here.

I would imagine he does,seeing as he signed all 4 you mention and sold Adams,do you think the opposite?

Or that he thinks having all 4 of them for less than the price he sold Adams for, coupled with the fact that Adams didn’t want to be here meant that’s what was best for the club. Not necessarily a reflection on Adams’ ability.

He had to sell Adams to fund his budget.
Do you think ANY championship manager would rather have Clarke, Hanson, Lavery or Evans over Adams?

Take them rose tinted glasses off pal. There's 4 there that have never done it at this level despite numerous attempts and Adams who did a good job in a poor Birmingham side for the most part after Rowett left, 7 goals despite playing a lot out wide. He also scored the goal to keep them up on the last day.

Also this from the Leicester mercury, 6 premier league clubs after garbage Adams - http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/lei...mingham-star/story-30397753-detail/story.html

Maybe you should tell them we've got a great young goal scorer called James Hanson. He's much better.

So 7 goals for Adams is doing well at championship level whilst 10 goals for Evans (Norwich) and 9 goals with us in a relegated team under 4 different managers means he’s never done it? I’d say a fully fit and firing Ched Evans is better than Che Adams. The big question though is whether he will ever be fully fit and firing again.

And if you think you know better than Chris Wilder,then you are a conceited fool,that is my realistic opinion of you

Neither you nor I know exactly what Wilder thinks about Adams abilities.

He was sold because Wilder believed he could use the sizeable fee that wouldn't be forthcoming for most other players, to strengthen the squad as a whole.

Adams well documented off the field habits and desire to be closer to the Midlands probably helped sway the matter.

Hard hats required on here today, some pretty hefty handbags being thrown about.............

He's right that anyone on here who disagrees with the main stream is a automatically regarded as a pig, its embarrassingly narrow minded and we must look stupid on here to outsiders ffs
Agreed. Isn't the whole point of a forum to discuss and listen to other people's opinions???

I would have. I’ve always been a Basham defender as his versatility and attitude are valuable to the team. I agree though that he has improved further under Wilder. That said, I think he’s still been in the top 2 or 3 in the POTY votes each year he’s been here.

Wrong.

I know at least one that would have been well peed off.

Same with Coutts

Make that 2 :)

Neither you nor I know exactly what Wilder thinks about Adams abilities.

He was sold because Wilder believed he could use the sizeable fee that wouldn't be forthcoming for most other players, to strengthen the squad as a whole.

Adams well documented off the field habits and desire to be closer to the Midlands probably helped sway the matter.

Yes i take your point i am guessing,i do not know what our manager really thinks of him,i would add though that he chose not to start him at Bolton in the 1 game he was available before he sold him

So 7 goals for Adams is doing well at championship level whilst 10 goals for Evans (Norwich) and 9 goals with us in a relegated team under 4 different managers means he’s never done it? I’d say a fully fit and firing Ched Evans is better than Che Adams. The big question though is whether he will ever be fully fit and firing again.
I have a feeling Ched will be on fire next season! It's written in the script, right?

All the Blades I bump into seem really happy and positive. Why do you think that these have to moan, bleat and whinge on here daily?
Because it's a football forum. Its purpose is to discuss matters pertaining to the Blades. We've failed to land one of our targets so people will want to discuss it. I'm not bothered about it myself but I think people are perfectly entitled to comment on it.

I have a feeling Ched will be on fire next season! It's written in the script, right?

I think re Ched,that there will not be a more motivated or determined footballer in the league,whether he gets somewhere close to the form of 11/12 season is hard to say at the moment,obviously i hope he does recapture his scoring prowess

I think re Ched,that there will not be a more motivated or determined footballer in the league

I couldn't agree more. Sadly desire and motivation may not be enough if his body lets him down.

It always was a gamble, but in my opinion, one well worth taking.

I couldn't agree more. Sadly desire and motivation may not be enough if his body lets him down.

It always was a gamble, but in my opinion, one well worth taking.
Definitely worth taking. 28 years old is nothing given the levels of fitness, nutrition and recovery in today's game. IMO Ched has at least a good 5 years (injury permitting of course) of high standard football ahead of him and I'm backing him to bag 15-20 goals next season.

Because it's a football forum. Its purpose is to discuss matters pertaining to the Blades. We've failed to land one of our targets so people will want to discuss it. I'm not bothered about it myself but I think people are perfectly entitled to comment on it.

Agree wholeheartedly, a forum serves several purposes, probably the main one is for the disgruntled amongst us to vent heir spleen, to call a player, manager, director, opposing teams, even fellow supporters, exactly what they're feeling. Interestingly, some time ago I posted on a theme very close to those Blades who once enjoyed the hairier pleasures of following the Blades. I received a less than pleasant reply to my post, almost to the point of threatening me.....strange how there are posters on here who act like arbiters of how we should behave?

Agreed. Isn't the whole point of a forum to discuss and listen to other people's opinions???

There is a massive difference in having an opinion and trying to what seemingly feels like building a negativity towards the club that we just don't need.

I'm not convinced this topic falls into this bracket but In other cases I want to believe that some of the stuff I read is not from blades... because it's total moronic bullshit.

...then again I can't believe some of the stuff I hear from the people sat around me on a match day... so it's highly possible that I'm arguing with people Ive been sat next to for years on a Saturday. :(:)

Holmes signed a new deal yesterday.
The almost suicidal blubberings from a couple of posters has been daily for about a month.

There is a massive difference in having an opinion and trying to what seemingly feels like building a negativity towards the club that we just don't need.

I'm not convinced this topic falls into this bracket but In other cases I want to believe that some of the stuff I read is not from blades... because it's total moronic bullshit.

...then again I can't believe some of the stuff I hear from the people sat around me on a match day... so it's highly possible that I'm arguing with people Ive been sat next to for years on a Saturday. :(:)

I have ventured onto NKT at times. There's been a huge thread about United that ran for years and there's posters on there who boast about infiltrating on here.

Agree wholeheartedly, a forum serves several purposes, probably the main one is for the disgruntled amongst us to vent heir spleen, to call a player, manager, director, opposing teams, even fellow supporters, exactly what they're feeling. Interestingly, some time ago I posted on a theme very close to those Blades who once enjoyed the hairier pleasures of following the Blades. I received a less than pleasant reply to my post, almost to the point of threatening me.....strange how there are posters on here who act like arbiters of how we should behave?

It's the negativity tho. It spreads... and most of it comes from stuff people make up or have heard from a mate of a mate.

People need to go back to watching United as supporters not as customers.

It's the negativity tho. It spreads... and most of it comes from stuff people make up or have heard from a mate of a mate.

People need to go back to watching United as supporters not a customers.

Without examples of what you're highlighting it's impossible to comment, but you cannot prevent people from writing about anything they want, it's the reason why this Forum is so highly regarded.

Maybe if you see the screen name of someone you regard as a 'moaner', ignore their posts?

Back
Top Bottom