General transfers/rumours

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Axel Smeets surely!

More seriously I would say that Terry is one of the most high profile players but not the best. Its difficult to compare positions but Ali Bernarbia in his time with Man City was sublime.

I really liked that Man City team.

Bernarbia, Berkovic, Tiatto, Wright-Phillips, Huckerby, Goater, Wanchope..... playing the 3-5-2 under Keegan. Interesting players, good players, attacking football.

Don't think there's been a more interesting, exciting team in the Championship since.

And give me that Man City over the new Man City.

Bernarbia, Berkovic, Tiatto, Wright-Phillips, Huckerby, Goater, Wanchope..... playing the 3-5-2 under Keegan. Interesting players, good players, attacking football.

Don't think there's been a more interesting, exciting team in the Championship since.

It was for me the best team to be promoted from the second division since I've followed football - 1989 - 90. Fulham were decent too around the same time. Totally agree re City too and I think many City fans prefer the old heroic Man City to the current one and the Kippax! Its why I'd never want us to leave the Lane for a modern bowl stadium. I'd like Man City's current squad though to be fair!

Remember Yaser Kasim? He's gone to Northampton!

Barrie McKay is signing for Forest for 500k. We were linked with him.

Don't know anything about this lad other than his wiki. 18 year old winger, made a solitary appearance for QPR, no international youth team appearances... yet he's going to Everton for over £4m.

If Brooks is wanted at any point we need to hold clubs to ransom; anything less than £10m would be criminal in the current market.

Don't know anything about this lad other than his wiki. 18 year old winger, made a solitary appearance for QPR, no international youth team appearances... yet he's going to Everton for over £4m.

If Brooks is wanted at any point we need to hold clubs to ransom; anything less than £10m would be criminal in the current market.

QPR are a London club, everything is more expensive in London

That is insane. I'm assuming that as he has no youth caps he's not even that highly rated at youth level. Although he's eighteen and got into the first team, once. He must have had a very good game.

Everton seem to be trying to do everything, all in a very short timescale. Presumably the idea is to become another Chelsea, loan these kids out for a fee, develop them and either use them or sell them on.

It's not insane pricing it's now the going rate. Slightly over £1m each for DCL and Che was criminal as I said repeatedly at the time. All credit to the club for how they used the money, because it got us up, but they were both worth more. Brook's in today's market will be our record incoming transfer fee by a country mile

Don't forget Lucien Mettemo, Nicolas Jensen & Danny Granville

It's not insane pricing it's now the going rate. Slightly over £1m each for DCL and Che was criminal as I said repeatedly at the time. All credit to the club for how they used the money, because it got us up, but they were both worth more. Brook's in today's market will be our record incoming transfer fee by a country mile

Absolutely right - there's more than one way of spunkin' moneh and letting your prize assets go for peanuts is the most obvious one.

The Kyle Walker deal still makes my blood boil, especially since it involved that total slimeball Daniel Levy.

Absolutely right - there's more than one way of spunkin' moneh and letting your prize assets go for peanuts is the most obvious one.

The Kyle Walker deal still makes my blood boil, especially since it involved that total slimeball Daniel Levy.

Levy might be a "total slimeball" but I'd love him at the Lane negotiating the deals!

Our lot are stuck in the 90s when a million pound transfer was a lot of money.

Why the hell have Blackburn suddenly found their ambition and competence?

If your involved in transfer business on a relatively limited budget,then potential targets fall into certain categories:

a) Players that are out of contract playing in lower divisions - easy
b) Players on 1-2 year contracts with a club that don't want to sell - hard

'Suck it up'.......

Or are Blackburn signing him as they are using the money agreed with us for their young centre half? In which case in effect he cost bill nil.

I really wanted us to sign this lad last year... looked class every time I've seen him and looked to have bags of potential.

So why is he leaving Reading?
And why is he goinnto Blackburn??

He's either pricing himself out of moves elsewhere, not as good as some think, or nobody else is interested

So why is he leaving Reading?
And why is he goinnto Blackburn??

He's either pricing himself out of moves elsewhere, not as good as some think, or nobody else is interested

Yeah agree. Something's not happened for him.

I was going to finish the original post by saying...

But then last year he seemed to disappear... so maybe he's not the real deal.

I've looked and he was actually at Ipswich on loan. So might have struggled With the step up. I don't think he's right for us (we couldn't take the risk or give him the games he probably needs to progress).

He's obviously not wanted by Reading. But with a new permanent (league 1) club playing a full season... he 'could' score a bagful. Think it's a risk but a good signing for Blackburn if he goes.

I think we got a great deal on Adams as he was not,and still isn't, a £1million player. As for DCL,the jury is still out for me and I am not convinced at all by him

Back
Top Bottom