CONFIRMED Conor Hourihane signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Very happy with this. Wanted him for a while but (at the time - two years ago) he wasn’t better than Fleck or Norwood. Hopefully he’ll be positive from the start and get things moving more quickly.

Great signing.

The question is:

Will he get Covid or a season long injury whilst on international duty?!

If he does it'll be the Prince's fault no doubt.

Hit him with a baseball bat that an American coughed on while he was watching the baseball.

He has also experienced a promotion campaign in the Championship so that experience will help.

I'm not convinced that will be any help at all mate.

Oliver Norwood has three promotions to the Premier League under his belt and he currently looks like he's never seen a football before.

Villa Fan in peace

I think Conor is a good signing for you. He is a model pro and never in the media for the wrong reasons. He has a gem of a left peg and will be a real asset for corners and set pieces. Some of his passing is absolutely world class. But there is always a catch. He does get lost in games when u are up against a strong team. He needs the support of a strong DM to cover for him. But when u are playing and you have the upper hand in the game you tend to wonder why he is not playing for a top 6 PL side. He has also experienced a promotion campaign in the Championship so that experience will help. I hope he is a success for you and then when u are promoted you can sign him on a free which would help the transition back to the PL
Hope you get relegated.

Personally think signing these experienced players like Hourihane is important if we are going to get our season back on track. He's been in and around teams in bad form like ours before and would have some vital experience in how to get out of trouble with those situations. (Barnsley in their league one promotion season where they had a bad start if I remember correctly, and for Villa when they avoided the Prem drop thanks to goal line technology failing Norwood)

He's been in and around teams in bad form like ours before and would have some vital experience in how to get out of trouble with those situations. (Barnsley in their league one promotion season where they had a bad start if I remember correctly

I vividly remember the exact match that was the turning point for Barnsley that season.

Screenshot_20210830-181427.png

giphy.gif

Only 8 months later than I wished for. But better late than never eh?

Hmm like Gordon Cowans who turned our season round in …..
1995 for 21 games. You are correct too. No turn around. 26 years ago is history so we'll see with CH😎

No problem with him signing, good player who we should have been after when he left Barnsley years back.

However he doesn't solve the major issue with our midfield at the minute which is the distinct lack of physicality and athleticism we need in the championship. Too often both this year and last our midfield has just been walked through by the opposition. Still think we need a good holding midfielder to allow him and berge the chance to play by winning the midfield battle.

No problem with him signing, good player who we should have been after when he left Barnsley years back.

However he doesn't solve the major issue with our midfield at the minute which is the distinct lack of physicality and athleticism we need in the championship. Too often both this year and last our midfield has just been walked through by the opposition. Still think we need a good holding midfielder to allow him and berge the chance to play by winning the midfield battle.
Agreed, i think he adds something different, creativity and i agree that we also need someone to be a little more physical to allow Berge and Hourihane to get on the ball more. But again, with a player like this, it also gives teams another player to worry about.

Good signing, lets hope for a little more as well...

Back
Top Bottom